Advanced Directing For Eyes

Hi everyone! :heartpulse: :wave:
Does anyone know how to match when a character blinks to when he/she changes his/her eye colour? :thinking:

With this, I mean that I want my character to change her eye colour when she blinks (I’m using the animation idle_armscrossed_shifteyes_loop. I’ve seen a few stories that could achieve this action, however, I’ve tried it myself but I’ve not been lucky. :rofl:

If anyone has a few tips or is willing to guide me I’ll appreciate it. :smile:

1 Like

maybe try using overlays to do it?

I’ve tried that too, but the thing is it is a little bit complicated to make overlays for her eyelids and her pupil. :sleepy: :thinking:

Thanks for the suggestion. :hugs: :smile:

Have you tried
CN changes Eye color to

This is what that part from my script looks like:

try changing the @ to &

1 Like

I tried that jut now and a warning message appears:

change where all the @s are to & like:
&ARTHEA is idle_armscrossed_shifteyes_loop AND ARTHEA changes eyeColor into Hazel Dark

I’ll try that

The warning that appears says that it’s not a valid command.
:open_mouth:

You have to remove that & symbol and write the word and ARTHEA changes eyeColor

You have @ARTHEA is idle_armscrossed_shifteyes_loop & ARTHEA changes eyeColor into hazel dark.

It SHOULD be:

&ARTHEA is idle_armscrossed_shifteyes_loop
@ARTHEA changes eyeColor into Hazel Dark

2 Likes

Ok I edited it, try it now. I also tested it, it should work.

1 Like

sorry guys but command changes is one of the few which have to be always with @:wink:

1 Like

I guess you just have to time it perfectly with the seconds in the first pause. The pause ends, the moment your character closes her/his eyes so you have to find out how much time there is.
That’s how I should do it at least.:thinking:

2 Likes

You can’t combine customization commands with an action code. Instead, you must do:

E.G.

&CHARACTER is (animation)
@ CHARACTER previews / changes eyesColor

Hope this helps! :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Thanks @Simila100, @Natasha_Darkforce, @Farah_DeSantis, @nama-ste and @TamiRose for your help :grin: :grin:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.