Adventure Story ~ Official SG


#1

An Adventure Story

Please read all the information and if still unclear then feel free to PM me.

The story

The town of Stonebridge is in danger. An ancient doom is coming and only one object can be used to fight against it, to protect the town. Unfortunately, it’s the legendary Hammer of Stonebridge. The missing pieces of the hammer can be found within the threatening shadows of Darkwood Forest, where all the deadliest creatures live.
You must work together, or alone, to find the Hammer of Stonebridge. You will start your adventure with weapons, gold, potions, and provisions. Not to mention, you will have a number for each of the following: Skill, Stamina, and luck, which can decrease during battles. So you decide what you do while trying to race through the dangers to find the Hammer and save lives, without dying yourself. Yes, you can fail, and you can die.

Are you up for the adventure?


Skill, Stamina, Luck

You will give a score for each one, but they change constantly during the adventure. However, totals may never exceed your initial scores, except on rare occasions.

Skill
This score reflects how well you can fight and use a weapon. This is the only score that can stay relatively unaffected.

Stamina
This score reflects your well-being, your determination and overall fitness. When a stamina score reaches zero, the result is death.

Luck
This score reflects how lucky you are. You can use luck at various times. In battle or in other situations, but be aware that you can be lucky or unlucky. If you are lucky, great, but if you are unlucky then the results can disastrous. When using luck in battles, you can use it to inflict a more serious wound on the creature you have wounded or to minimise the effects of a wound inflicted on you.
I will be making sure luck is fair when you use it and be rolling dice to determine the outcome. If you have a higher luck score, the higher your chance to be lucky! Though each time you test your luck, you will subtract on point from your score.


Battles

You will often come across creatures on your travels. Some may be friendly and others may not. At times, you may be given the option of either being sneaky or to flee. Although, if not, or if you choose not to, you will battle the creature.
During a battle, you will be given the creature’s stamina and skill score. Depending on your attacks, movement, and other choices, will depend on the damage you cause and how much is caused to you. Getting damaged will make your stamina (and possibly skill) level to decrease, meaning you will be weaker in the battle unless you manage to restore it. You may have to fight more than one monster at a time, but you will be told how to deal with it when it happens.
If you decide to flee during a battle, then it should be noted that the creature automatically gets one wound on you.


Equipment & Potions

You will start with the bare minimum of equipment, but you can find or buy more during your travels. You are armed with your weapon of choice and dressed in leather armour. You will have a backpack for your Provisions and any treasures you come across.
In addition, you may take one bottle of magic potion to help aid you in your quest. These can be taken at any time during the quest, except when engaged in battle. Each potion may only be used once.

Here are the choices:
A potion of skill - restores your skill points
A potion of strength - restores your stamina points
A potion of fortune - restores your luck points and adds one to your initial score.



SG rules, please read!!!
  • DO NOT POST on the SG thread, PLEASE?! I want to hear your comments and thoughts but keep them on the sign-up/chat thread! Thank you.
  • Please respond to the chapters and questions I ask you ASAP (within a day or two). The sooner you do, the sooner I can write the following post. If you don’t do so in the time limit then I will either decide for you or your character will be left behind.
  • If you are going to be absent, inform me and I will try to work round it. If you don’t then I will either decide for you or your character will be left behind.
  • Follow the setting. It is not modern and is set before certain technologies.
  • If you don’t like how your character has been portrayed in some way, then please tell me and I will try to fix it for you.
  • If you want a relationship with a character, then please ask that RPer first before telling me.

Thank you,
Caliope


Faceclaims
Aelric

@jdepisode

Ailbe Moore

@brinn


Desiree

@amberose


Elsie West

Adopted by @YassineCool


Faye Dempsey

Adopted by @EpisodeLover_13


Julian Ramirez

@amaiaxx21


Roxanne

@SilverStar

Samantha Wilson

@Miumi.hp



Backpacks

Aelric’s backpack
A Potion of Strength
Armband of Strength

Ailbe’s backpack
A Potion of Strength
Net of Entanglement
5 Gold Pieces
A tiny brass flute
Two maggoted-ridden biscuits
A necklace made of mouse skulls

Desiree’s backpack
A Potion of Fortune
Rod of Water-Finding
A bronze helmet
A large gold ring (Worth 10 Gold Pieces)

Elsie’s backpack
A Potion of Skill
Bigleg’s map
A Potion of Healing
4 Gold Pieces
The Handle of the Dwarfish War Hammer

Faye’s backpack
A Potion of Fortune
A Potion of Healing
A small Silver Box

Julian’s backpack
A Potion of Strength
A Potion of Plant Control
Copy of Bigleg’s map

Roxanne’s backpack
A Potion of Strength
Rope of Climbing
Nose Filters

Samantha’s backpack
A Potion of Strength
3 Gold Pieces
A Potion of Anti-poison


Please use this thread for general chat to keep the story thread for only the story.


Hope you enjoy the adventure,
Caliope :wink:


The Bachelor(ette) SG ~ Sign-ups/Chat
#2

You are adventurers, people for hire, and have been roaming the northern borderlands of your kingdom. Having just spurned the dullness of village life, you now wander the lands together, in search of wealth and danger. Despite the long walks, uncomfortable sleeping arrangements, surprise battles, and just the general rough outdoor life, you are pretty content with your unknown destiny. The world doesn’t hold many fears for you as skilful warriors, well practised with your weapon of choice, awaiting your next task. Not once in the past ten days since entering the northern borderlands have any of you set eyes upon another person. Not that it worries any of you because you’re happy being in the company of each other. Becoming a tight-knit group, who enjoy the slow, sunny days hunting, talking, eating, and sleeping.

It was evening, and Faye had caught, or hunted as she’d have you say, a couple of wild hares. So having feasted on a dinner of rabbit, spit-roasted on an open fire, you each settled down to sleep beneath your sheepskin blankets. With the first full moon tonight, the light sparkled on the blade of Roxanne’s broadsword skewered into the ground by her side. Desiree gazed at it, then at her own flail laying next to her head, wondering when she will next have to wipe the blood of some vile creature from its sharp spikes. These were strange lands, after all, inhabited by weird and loathsome beasts - goblins, trolls, and even dragons.

Gazing at the dying embers burning in the campfire, Julian began to drift off to sleep, and the images of screaming, green-faced trolls flickered through his mind. He may crave the adventure, but these foul monsters still turned his stomach. Suddenly, in the bushes to Roxanne’s left, you all heard the loud crack of a twig breaking under a clumsy foot. Both Faye and Roxanne instantly leapt up and pulled their swords from the ground, standing motionless but alert, ready to pounce on your unseen adversary. Everyone else followed suit. Hearing a groan, followed by the dull thud of a body falling to the ground. Is it a trap? Being the youngest in the group and perhaps, one of the most naive, Roxanne very slowly walked over to the bush where the noise had come from and very carefully pulled back the branches. To the others, she revealed a little old man with a great bushy beard, his face contorted in pain. Samantha walked over for a closer look, mainly because she didn’t want them to think she couldn’t handle the situation and no longer lead them. She crouched down to remove the iron helmet covering his bald head and noticed two crossbow bolts that protruded from the stomach of his plump, chain-mail-clad torso.
Elsie looked at Samantha and Roxanne, and requested, “Bring him to the light and warmth of the fire, I’m sure this is what he needs.” Both Samantha, begrudgingly, and Roxanne nodded, picked him up and carried him over to the fire, while Elsie stirred the dying embers to life. After he was placed next to the fire, Elsie knelt by his side, opposite Samantha, and covered him with her sheepskin blanket, and then managed to get the old man to drink a little water.
He coughed and moaned, eyes staring fixedly ahead, and started to shout, “I’ll get them! I’ll get them! Don’t you fear, Gillibran, Bigleg is coming to bring you the hammer. Oh yes, indeed I am. Oh yes …”

The dwarf, whose name is presumably Bigleg, is obviously delirious from the poison-tipped bolts in his stomach. Julian watched from afar as Bigleg relaxed his body again. He was staying back, he knew this dwarf and they weren’t on good terms. Normally he would have helped, but he knew he was too far gone and that the girls would take good care of him. Besides, he couldn’t risk Bigleg seeing him, so he stood back with Aelric and Ailbe. They too were staying back, but for a different reason. They were simply better fighters and didn’t tend to get involved when matters like this arose. The three watched as Samantha whispered in Bigleg’s ear and his eyes stared unblinkingly at her. Before anyone had a chance to speak, he again started to shout, “Ambush! Look out! Ambush! Aargh! The hammer! Take the hammer to Gillibran! Save the dwarfs!” His eyes half closed, and the pain seemed to ease a little. In unison, both Aelric and Ailbe held their weapons higher and started panning the perimeter for any more unwelcome guests, as if it’d been previously discussed.
As the delirium subsided, he spoke to Sam again in a low whisper, "Help us, friends … take the hammer to Gillibran … only the hammer will unite our people against the trolls. … We were on our way to Darkwood in search of the hammer … ambushed by the little people … others killed … the map in my pouch will take you to the home of Yaztromo, the master wizard of these parts … he has great magic for sale to protect you against the creatures of Darkwood … take my gold … I beg you to find the hammer and take it to Gillibran, my Lord of Stonebridge … you will be well rewarded …” Bigleg opens his mouth to start another sentence, but nothing comes out except his last dying breath.

Desiree and Faye sat down with them and pondered Bigleg’s words. “Who is Gillibran?”, Faye asked. Julian, of course, knew, and he was sure that everyone else knew he did too, but he didn’t say anything. Remaining silent, he thought his family and how this quest might lead him back to them. It had been over a month since he’d last seen them.
With the first question having already been asked, Desiree’s curiosity got the better of her. “Who is Yaztromo?”
“I want to know what all this fuss about a dwarfish hammer is?!”, Samantha enquired as she reached over the still body of Bigleg and removed the pouch from his leather belt around his waist. Inside she found 30 Gold pieces and a map. Opening up the four-fold map, she saw that on it is a drawing of the rather large Darkwood forest. At one end of the forest is Yaztromo’s tower, and at the opposite end, Stonebridge.
As she jiggled the coins in her hand, she handed the map to Elsie to analyse and thought of the possible rewards that could await them just for returning a hammer to a village of dwarfs. Everyone had already decided in their heads to try to find the hammer in Darkwood forest, no words needed to be said. It had been a few weeks since the group’s last good battle, and, what is more, the group was likely to be well paid for this one. With the decision made, it was time to sleep. Everyone settled down, even Elsie, who took back the sheepskin blanket from poor Bigleg.


In the morning, Julian helped Desiree bury the old dwarf. He had felt guilty as he drifted off to sleep last night, for not putting their differences aside and not being there for Bigleg in his last few minutes. As they covered the old dwarf in dirt and everyone gathered up their possessions, Elsie examined the map, looked up at the sun, and found her bearings. The eight, headed south at a good pace, eager to meet this man Yaztromo and see what he has to offer.
Walking in what can only be described as an unorganised line. Samantha, of course, led the way, with Faye and Ailbe close behind. Aelric kept to the back, always keeping an eye on their surroundings.

The walk to Yaztromo’s tower took a little over half a day and they arrived at a stone tower dirty and hungry. As the tower is set back on the edges of Darkwood some 50 metres away from the path they’d been following, it was difficult to find. But they all eventually walked up to the huge oak door, somewhat relieved that it does exist and Bigleg had not been speaking wildly in his delirium. A large brass bell and gong hanging from the stone archway around the door.
As Ailbe touches the bell, it rings. A shiver ran down her spine, as she realised that the loud ringing invades a deep silence, which had not been noticed until now. There were no sounds of birds or animals to be heard. Waiting anxiously, the sound of slow footsteps descending stairs from the tower above could finally be heard. A small wooden slot in the door slid open, and two eyes appeared and examined the group.
“Well, who are you?”, demands a grumpy voice through the hole.
Ailbe was about to answer him when she was interrupted abruptly by Faye. “Just a group of stragglers who were sent here by some delusional, ill-fated dwarf.” She knew Julian’s eyes were on her when she said the word, dwarf, but she ignored it. He could have it out with her later.
Aelric then chimed in, “We’ve begun a quest involving the lives of hundreds. Kindly, let us in, as I doubt you get many clients in a dangerous setting such as this. I suggest you take advantage of the opportunity.”
“Oh. Well in that case, if you are interested in buying some of my merchandise, you had better come up.” He abruptly shut the slot and opened the door. “I am Yaztromo.” He then turned and slowly climbed the stone stairs. All hesitant to follow him, standing there until Roxanne pushed through the group and into the tower, each person following her up one by one.

Following the huffing and puffing old man, in his tattered robes, up the spiral staircase to a large room at the top of the tower. Shelves, cupboards, and cabinets lined the walls, all filled with bottles, jars, weapons, armour, and all manner of strange artefacts. As the group gathered together in the room’s centre, Yaztromo shuffled past the general clutter and slumped down into an old oak chair. He reached into his top pocket and pulled out a fragile pair of gold, rimmed spectacles. He placed them on his nose, he picked up a board and piece of chalk from the table next to his chair and began to write frantically. He then handed over the board, saying to choose wisely, as it all helps in Darkwood forest, but each one can only be used once. Elsie took the board and read the list aloud.

Board

Potion of Healing (3 gold pieces)
Potion of Plant Control (2 gold pieces)
Potion of Stillness (3 gold pieces)
Potion of Insect Control (2 gold pieces)
Potion of Anti-poison (2 gold pieces)
Holy water (3 gold pieces)
Ring of light (3 gold pieces)
Boots of Leaping (2 gold pieces)
Rope of Climbing (3 gold pieces)
Net of Entanglement (3 gold pieces)
Armband of Strength (3 gold pieces)
The Glove of Missile Dexterity (2 gold pieces)
Rod of Water-Finding (2 gold pieces)
Garlic Buds (2 gold pieces)
Headband of Concentration (3 gold pieces)
Fire Capsules (3 gold pieces)
Nose Filters (3 gold pieces)




Tagged

@jdepisode @brinn @amberose @Episode.BriarRose @annaclaire721 @amaiaxx21 @SilverStar @Miumi.hp

Sorry, this was a much longer intro than I had planned it to be. Other posts should be shorter with less of a wait. :wink:

What your task is:
Discuss together on the general chat thread which items you may like (if any).
Choose what you wish, you can purchase multiples of an item. Though, be aware that you may not even use an item, as it depends on the path(s) you take. You have 30 gold pieces, but you don’t have to spend all of it. You may able to use gold later on in the story.


Adventure Story SG - Sign-ups and General Chat
Adventure Story SG - Sign-ups and General Chat
Adventure Story SG - Sign-ups and General Chat
Adventure Story SG - Sign-ups and General Chat
Adventure Story SG - Sign-ups and General Chat
#3

All seven of them crowded round Elsie, peering over her shoulder to get a look at the board. Julian had the most difficult task of it, being under five foot, though he simply nestled his chin into the crease of her arm. No one spoke for a while. Desiree thought about it but then thought everyone else would have more important ideas on the matter.
First to break the group’s silence was Roxanne, “Maybe the Ring of Light? It just seems so vague, it has to be important.”
Maybe I should speak up, it might help, Desiree thought, debating internally for another minute or so. “I believe the healing types will be important, but we should only get one. I vote for the potion of healing since it doesn’t seem limited. Then there are the skill-based ones - ropes, nets, and clothing, which all could help us. So we should get a few. Next, survival, fire and water. They could be very important, the difference between life and death. Similar to the protection ones, Holy water to repel evil. Nose filters could prevent us from inhaling toxic chemicals, insect control to either repel or control insects, and the latter could be said for the Potion of plant control too. Though I agree and disagree with you, Roxanne. The Ring of Light does seem vague, but not really important.”
Aelric’s turn to chime in, “That’s the quick thinking that gets the job done. So what are everyone else’s thoughts? I think we should take a rope of climbing, the armband of strength, fire capsules… and possibly the headband of concentration, anti-poison, and healing.”
“Boots of leaping as well,” Roxanne quickly added.
Aelric smiled. “Yes, those too.”
“Okay, listen up,” Samantha told the group, her face expressionless. She started reading down the list. “Healing is a must, it could restore our energy and health. Plant control could either stop them from killing us or for growing vines. Stillness could benefit by freezing something deadly. Anti-poison is obvious and rather vital. Holy water, I don’t want to be chased by the undead. Yes to the rope, it can be used multiple times, even if only once magically. We need the net for ambush or climbing. I just really want the gloves to be honest. I don’t trust the water rod, but fire and filters could be good.”
Aelric coughed, “The armband, I want to be stronger. Definitely get some healing potion and anti-poison, and the water-finding doohickey. I still agree with Desiree on the skill-based stuff.” He turned and gave her a wink. She smiled slightly then turned back to the board. “Get some nose filters too.”
Desiree calculated everything before speaking, “Okay, so the general consensus so far is to get the healing potion. I think that’s the one we’ve all said so far. As for others that people agree on, they are, the Potion of healing, plant control, the boots and armband, the water rod, and the rope, net, and gloves. Which would come to 20 gold pieces. I think that’s a lot and I don’t know how much gold we’re going to possibly need later, if any.”
“Maybe we’ll find more gold,” Faye suggested.
Samantha replied to Faye, “I agree, maybe we’ll come across dead or dying creatures who have gold. Or maybe we won’t be needing it, because what could you buy in the woods? I don’t think monsters are selling anything!” She snorted abruptly at her own joke, making the others jump. “I like that list, but I think we should add the potion of insect control, anti-poison, hold water, and nose filters, though it comes to 30 gold.”
“Well, we can also get multiples of something as well,” Desiree reminded them.
Ailbe had stayed quiet, just listening and concocting a plan for what they needed. She finally spoke up, “The potion of healing and anti-poison for survival obviously. Nose filters, I have no clue what these are but since dwarves are famous for mines these could prevent us from inhaling unhealthy things.” She moved her round to look at Julian. “Sorry, no offence.” He didn’t acknowledge her, so she simply continued. “The rod of finding water could be extremely helpful in finding a water source in a forest. The rope is not only helpful for climbing but many other things too. The ring of light; I, too, agree with Roxanne. This could be the difference between overlooking or finding a hidden area. I think we should save at least 5-10 coins, I’m imagining travelling merchants (who don’t necessarily need a physical building to set up shop), or even bribery to better our situation.”
“I think saving about 5-10 gold is a smart choice,” Aelric agreed.
There was a pause in the conversation before Samantha spoke up again, “Two potions of Healing and one anti-poison, plant control, rope, net, the armband, water rod, and nose filters.”
Desiree shrugged, “I still think anti-poison is pointless, especially if we get two healing potions.”
Julian shook his head. “No, I think anti-poison is important, you just never know.” Everyone seemed to nod in agreement with the list.

Elsie looked around at everyone nodding then back to Yaztromo, repeating the list to him. He nodded as she said each item, calculating the price in his head, “That’s 24 gold pieces for all of this.”


Tagged

@jdepisode @brinn @amberose @Episode.BriarRose @annaclaire721 @amaiaxx21 @SilverStar @Miumi.hp

Are you happy with the list?

  • Yes, let’s do this!
  • Yeah, I think this will do.
  • Maybe, if everyone else is.
  • No, I’m going to chat to discuss changes.

0 voters


Adventure Story SG - Sign-ups and General Chat
Adventure Story SG - Sign-ups and General Chat
#4

“That’s 24 gold pieces for all of this,” Yaztromo told her. Elsie looked over at Samantha who was slipping off her backpack to take out the money. Calculating the 24 gold pieces, Sam dropped them into the wizard’s hands. He counts the coins and stashes them in his robe. Then, Yaztromo got out of his chair and slowly started collecting the items. Once he’d placed them all on the table next to his chair, he sat back down.
Aelric didn’t even so much as murmur a thank you to the wizard as he went to grab the armband, it was strictly business. But Elsie beat him to the punch. He cursed in his mind before snapping at Elsie, “You’re not strong enough for that, Elsie.”
“Why do you say that, Aelric? I think I’m plenty strong enough, so why don’t you just worry about you and your glaive,” Elsie retorted.
Aelric narrowed his eyes. “Is that a threat? If it is, it’s pretty meaningless and not very intimidating. You’re a lover, not a fighter, the mother hen of the group.”
“Caring only makes me a stronger fighter, that’s why I should have it.”
Aelric picked up one of the healing potions from the table. “Just take this instead and don’t argue, it’s much better suited for you.” He thrust it into her hands and yanked the armband from her grip, then walked to the back of the room. Elsie pursed her lips in anger and knew that she’d be discussing this with him later.
Being the closest to the table, Samantha grabbed the anti-poison and potion of plant control for herself with no complaint from anyone. Good too, otherwise she would have had something to say about it. Faye just watched as the items were snaffled up, as she didn’t really mind whether she carried something or not. Maybe she would if there was something left. Whereas, Desiree wasn’t sure. She just knew that whatever she picked, Murphy’s law guarantees that whichever she picked would be something she wouldn’t need. Though, after watching Roxanne quickly take the rope and nose filters, she took the Rod of water-finding. Hopefully, it’ll be more useful than she was currently thinking. No one actually noticed that Ailbe had grabbed the net for herself, she simply had far too much stealth. Only one of the healing potions left and Faye decided to take it.
Julian realised much too late to grab something for himself, and before he knew it, everything was gone. Damn it, he thought. Samantha noticed he had missed out and walked over to him. “You want to take this?” She offered him the potion of plant-control.
“I don’t need your pity, I have my hammer,” Julian told her.
Sam shrugged and started to pull her arm back. “Suit yourself.”
“No, no, I’ll take it since you already have one,” he said, taking the potion and slipping it into his backpack. As did everyone else with their own items.

From the back of the room, Aelric called out, “Good luck with life then, old wizard.” He then left and headed outside.
Ailbe was about to follow out the door when the wizard asked, “What is the reason for the purchase of these items?” Elsie took a deep breath before retelling him the story and their decision to continue the quest of the luckless Bigleg. “Uh yes,” Yaztromo said slowly, rubbing his chin. “You mentioned a dwarf earlier. I heard that the good dwarfs of Stonebridge had lost their fabled war-hammer. Without it, their king is unable to arouse his people, despite the fact that the hill trolls threaten their village. Rumour has it that an envious king of another village of dwarfs sent an eagle to steal the hammer, which it managed to do. But as it flew back over Darkwood, it was attacked by death hawks and the hammer dropped into the forest and was lost. Apparently, two forest goblins found the hammer but couldn’t decide who was to keep it. They wrestled for hours but gave up. Then they discovered that the handle unscrewed and it was settled. One kept the head and the other kept the handle. Then they parted, each happy with their new treasure. Who knows if they still have them. So I’m afraid your problems are doubled. I can tell you that the head is made of bronze and the handle is made of polished ebony, and they both have the letter G inscribed in them. Your task is not easy. Good luck.”
Curious by his words, Alibe asked, “How do you know all this? When did it all happen?”
“I do not get many visitors and it gets quite lonely. I am one of the greatest mages in these parts, I have my ways to acquire information and rumours. I have … birds.” He smiled at this comment. “However, I am not so lonely that you cannot outstay your welcome. You best be off or you shall be hopping out of here. Yes, yes, a frog shall do quite nicely.”
“Okay, okay, I’ve got it. Geez.” She left the room to join Aelric outside. The rest of the group thanked Yaztromo and left the tower as well.

Once outside in the bright light, rejoining Aelric and informing him about what Yaztromo had said, the group noticed the dead quietness again. Ignoring Aelric, Elsie noticed a narrow path that led northwards from the tall grass surrounding Yaztromo’s tower into the dense undergrowth of Darkwood forest. She pointed to it, “We should go this way, this way is north.” Everyone nodded and allowed her to take the lead again.

In a few strides, the group was surrounded by the dark and tangled forest; stones and knotted roots seemed to hide in the shadows and Faye almost believed that they are trying to trip her up. The air becomes moist and unpleasant, the deeper and deeper they go, into the gloom. Eventually, the path forks on either side of a huge oak tree. Roxanne looked in both directions. “Which way? Should we go East or West?”
“How about both? We split up, cover more ground. Four go one way and four go the other,” Ailbe answered.
“That’s a good idea, we should do that,” Julian said, not liking that he was agreeing with her.
Elsie, however, did not think so. “Splitting up is not the best idea. Firstly, we only have one map. Secondly, what happens when we reach another crossroads? Do we just keep splitting up until we’re all walking aimlessly down eight different paths?”
“Map, Shmap, we all know to just head north,” Sam replied.
A silence then fell over the group as they thought.


Tagged

@jdepisode @brinn @amberose @Episode.BriarRose @annaclaire721 @amaiaxx21 @SilverStar @Miumi.hp

Which way do you want your character to go?
(Discuss it in chat first, if you want to…)

  • East
  • West

0 voters


Adventure Story SG - Sign-ups and General Chat
#5

The tension in the air could be cut with Faye’s blade. Elsie and Samantha were silently staring daggers at each other. No one else knew what to think, nor what to say. Time seemed to pass.
Finally, words were uttered, by Sam. She spoke to them overtly, “You can all stay here thinking and debating the ramifications of whether to separate or not, but I’m heading west, with or without a map. If no one wants to join me, then that’s fine.”
“Yeah, well, my gut is telling me this way,” Aelric said with a shrug, gesturing with his thumb behind him. “So I’m going to head east.”
Faye nodded. "I’m with Aelric, east is best. The western path is giving me an eerie feeling, something I’d only go down if I were hunting.
“Well, I’ll join you, Sam. I’m up for a challenge. No creature will get past us,” Roxanne said, as she walked over to stand beside her and nudged her arm. Samantha tightened her mouth and subtly brushed her arm where Roxanne had touched it, like she was rubbing off a disease.
Not too sure about her reasoning, Desiree decided to speak up anyway, “I think that’s exactly where these hammer pieces will be. Somewhere less travelled, hidden away, where they won’t be found. Although having the map would be good.”
“I guess you’re coming east with the three of us then, Dee,” Elsie told her frankly. “I’m not surrendering the map to her.” She glanced at Sam.
“Fine by me,” Samantha retorted. “I don’t need to follow some dwarf’s map.”
“That’s not necessarily true,” Julian piped up, directing his comment to Sam. He took off his backpack and pulled it in front of him as he knelt on the ground. “I’m sure I could replicate it if Elsie would be so kind as to let me see it.”
Elsie nodded. “That’d work.”
As she took out the map and unfolded it, placing it next to his bag, Julian found a small, sharp rock, some twigs, and some wood. He managed to start a small fire with the wood and kindling, then began etching the map with the rock into the underside of the flap of his leather backpack. He then finalised it by using the fire to burn out the lines.
While all this was happening, Ailbe was processing, calculating possible scenarios in her head. “Gold,” she stated abruptly. “We need to split the gold pieces that are left.”
“I don’t think so.” Samantha shook her head, then flicked her head at Elsie. “She has the map, so I have the gold.”
“Julian is copying the map for you now,” Ailbe said exasperatedly.
Sam gave a loud and exaggerated sigh, before reaching into her backpack for the pouch. She walked over to Ailbe and shook the pouch until three gold pieces fell out onto her palm. Sam turned back around. “Ready?”
“Yeah.” Julian was just finishing. He handed the map back to Elsie and put out the fire with dirt and the bottom of his boots. Everyone shouldered their packs and turned in the direction they’d chosen.
Desiree looked back and called, “Good luck, guys. Come back in one piece.”
Only one person turned, the one at the end of the line. “You too, Dee, you too.” Aelric winked.


East

Heading east, one after the other, along the narrow path that continued to make its way through the tangled forest. Elsie led the way, followed closely behind by Ailbe, Faye, and Aelric coming up the rear. Strange animal cries and noises echo through the trees. They listened to them for twenty minutes or so.
At last, the path widened to approximately a metre across and the group soon arrived at a moss-covered signpost, on top of which sat a large crow. The arms of the signpost read ‘north’ and ‘east’. Just as the group was deciding which way to continue, they hear the words “Good afternoon” but aren’t sure from where it came. Ailbe, Faye, and Aelric instantly drew their weapons and stood together with Elsie, facing outwards. They narrowed their eyes, looking for any sign of movement amongst the trees. The tension only grew when nothing was seen.
Elsie, however, tilted her head inquisitively toward the crow. "Good afternoon?” She felt quite stupid speaking to a bird.
Once again, the crow spoke, “Where are you headed?” The four were all bewildered by the talking bird, having seen some strange things before but never a talking animal.
Faye stepped forward with both blades pointed at the bird. “We’re looking for two goblins. You know, small, sinewy creatures with brown, scaly skin. They have something-” She stopped, not wanting to give too much away.
“One Gold piece will buy my advice,” the crow stated confidently, not fazed by the sudden attack on his life.

Eastern Group

@jdepisode @brinn @annaclaire721 @Episode.BriarRose

What do you want to do?
You can make different decisions.

  • Pay the crow and take its advice
  • Pay the crow and ignore its advice
  • Ignore the crow and head north
  • Ignore the crow and head east

0 voters


West

Desiree hurriedly caught up to her group after wishing the others luck. She was trying to think of some sort of conversation to make but nothing came to her. Then her thoughts only became cloudy when Julian started humming.
The narrow, mossy, overgrown path continued to weave its way through the crowded forest. Roxanne actually had to take the lead from Sam to slice through the foliage and thin branches with her sword, just to clear their path. Unusual sounds and cries echo through the trees. After a while, the path turns suddenly right and proceeds northwards into the dense undergrowth, making Roxanne’s job harder and slowing their pace. Soon the group reach another junction. To the left, cries for help can be heard. Julian and Desiree exchanged nervous glances, both wanting to go help but at the same time were thinking it could be a trap. Sam, however, seemed to notice smoke through the trees to their right and was intrigued to find out where it was coming from.
Roxanne followed her gaze, then stabbed her sword into the dirt by her feet and dusted off her hands. “So which way? Shall we keep going north, head west to find out who is whining, or east to see what’s burning?”

Western Group

@amaiaxx21 @Miumi.hp @amberose @SilverStar

Which way do you want to go?
You can make different decisions.

  • Continue North
  • West toward the cries
  • East toward the smoke

0 voters


Adventure Story SG - Sign-ups and General Chat
#6

East

“One Gold Piece? To a talking bird? I don’t think so,” Faye exclaimed, still aiming her weapons at the crow. “I think I’ll just choose to go east.
Ailbe nodded. “East sounds a lot better than putting our trust in a greedy, talking bird.”
Not totally listening to what the girls were saying, Aelric merely narrowed his eyes up at it. “Who’s to say it’s worthy advice? How about you talk before payment and I’ll deem it’s worth?”
The Crow tilts its head at him. “Well, I saw one of the goblins you seek, all for the price of one gold piece.”
Still not feeling completely comfortable talking to an animal, Elsie gulped before speaking, “How do we even know that you will give us the right information? Are you going to fly overhead and show us the way?”
The crow looked disgruntled if a crow could even look disgruntled, and it stated, “If you do not want the advice, then be on your way. Choose which path you should take, north or east?”
Aelric threw his hands up in the air. “Fine, give the damn bird the gold.”
Faye spun around, now pointing one blade at Aelric and the other at Ailbe. “Don’t give it nothing. We’ll head east and that’s that.”
“No, we won’t. Who put you in charge? This is a democracy, not communism.”
“The three of you, when you started listening to a bird.”
Aleric heard Ailbe sigh, and he shook his head in frustration. “Fine, you go off then, and we might join you IF the crow tells us to.” Faye didn’t move, just continued to glare at him. Ailbe reached for the gold she had and took out one piece. Walking over to the post, she placed the gold on top and stepped back.
The crow moved to stand over the gold. “One of the goblins you seek still has the item, and you find him north.”
“Well, that was useful. I suppose we head north to certain death now?!”, Faye mumbled sarcastically. She didn’t wait for an answer and trudged in that direction.
“Thank you, but why does a crow need Gold Pieces?”, Elsie asked.
The Crow replied, “30 pieces are needed for Yaztromo to turn me back into a human.” Elsie nodded, bidding the Crow farewell, and followed Faye north, with the others behind her.

They walked along the path in silence, as Faye was still fuming over her conflict with the others. The group hadn’t got far before they heard footsteps and arguing voices ahead.

Would you like to see who they are or hide?
You can make different decisions.

  • Meet the owners
  • Hide in the bushes

0 voters



West

“I’ll go west towards the cries. If whoever it is, needs help then I could help and maybe save them.” Sam then said what everyone was thinking, “Or if it was a trap, I will kill them and collect their gold.”
“If it is a trap then you’ll need someone with you who has a close-combat weapon. A bow and arrow won’t help with a surprise attack,” Roxanne told her, which was surprising to hear her sound so logical.
Julian interjected, not allowing Sam’s reply, which never even managed to leave her open mouth, “I’ll join you in heading west, Sam. Curiosity is getting the better of me, as to who those cries are from.”
Roxanne shook her head confusedly. “Even though the map says north?”
“Yeah, I think Rox could be right. Staying on the path north could be the right idea,” Desiree agreed.
“What are you two talking about?! The two creatures with the hammer aren’t just going to be waiting on the side of the path, they’ll be hidden,” Sam exclaimed.
Julian held his palms up toward them, almost like he was trying to stop a fight before it broke out. “So why don’t you two head north, we’ll head west, and hopefully the paths will merge again afterwards for us to meet up again.”
“That sounds plausible,” Roxanne agreed, while the other two nodded as well.


Samantha and Julian (@Miumi.hp and @amaiaxx21)

The path started off well for Samantha and Julian, barely any foliage to deal with or clear. However, after a short while, they found themselves clambering over the gnarled roots of the old trees as they headed in the direction of the cries. After a few minutes, they saw a man dressed in long dark robes with his foot caught in a rusted rabbit snare. His face is masked by his robes and only his dark brown eyes are visible.
Julian took a step toward him but Sam gripped her fingers into his shoulder to hold him back. She called out to the masked man, “Hey, who are you? What are you doing in these parts?” There was no answer, he simply continued whining and wailing in pain.

Do you wish to help him or head along the northern path?
Tell me (discuss it if you want to) in the chat thread!


Desiree and Roxanne (@amberose and @SilverStar)

Desiree and Roxanne followed the path that headed north into a thicker forest, with barely a gap between the trees. If it weren’t for the occasional stream of sunlight breaking through the canopy, then they wouldn’t have been able to see anything. Both were extremely cautious, gripping their weapons in front of them. Words weren’t spoken, but they were thinking the same thing; something could be hiding in the trees and at any moment jump out to attack.
They walked along the narrow path, Roxanne leading the way, until ahead of the two was a big, old tree with a large hole in its trunk just above head height.

Do you want to reach up and put your hand in the trunk or continue heading north?
Tell me (discuss it if you want to) in the chat thread!


Adventure Story SG - Sign-ups and General Chat
Adventure Story SG - Sign-ups and General Chat
#7

East

The voices grew louder, and they had to make a quick decision. Without making a noise, they all looked at each other; Aelric, Faye, Elsie, and … that was it. Ailbe had disappeared. They looked around them but couldn’t see her. Ailbe had chosen in that split-second of hearing the voices, to carefully hide behind the bushes, and was surprised that no one joined her. She didn’t want to risk any danger these noisy things might put them in.
However, the three stood waiting, with their weapons at the ready. Two tall, spindly creatures, clad in tattered cloth, over which they wear chainmail jackets. If memory served Faye correctly, they are called HobGoblins. When they see the three of you standing there, they stop arguing and drew swords to attack.

HobGoblins' fighting ability

HobGoblin 1
Skill: 6
Stamina: 6

HobGoblin 2
Skill: 5
Stamina: 7

Aelric was first in for the attack, not even considering the two girls. He swung his glaive at the first creature’s head, but he had to leap out of the way of the creature’s sword at the last minute and only cut its arm. Elsie thrust her sword at the second creature, who didn’t have time to react and struck his shoulder.
Faye was going to keep up the defence and watch their backs, but she enjoyed bloodshed too much. When her “friends” were out of the way slightly, she spun with both blades facing out, partially to show off. The creatures weren’t ready for this, they weren’t the smartest, and she left two parallel gashes in each ones’ side.
Aelric and Elsie lunged again while their attention was on their sides, and pierced their abdomens. As they pulled their blades out, Faye, still being cocky, knelt on one knee and stretched her arms out either side of her. Her blades sliced through the back of their knees and they crumpled to the ground.

Ailbe came out from her spot. Aelric wiped his sword of blood and teased, “Glad you could finally join us after all the hard work is done.” Ailbe threw him a look that could kill and he fell silent.
“It was good to watch you all working as a team, though Faye, next time try not to be so dramatic,” Ailbe advised, kneeling over the HobGoblin’s skeletal frames, patting them down. She found 3 gold pieces, a tiny brass flute, and two maggoted-ridden biscuits. As well as a necklace made of mouse skulls around the first one’s neck.
“Why do you get the loot?”, Faye asked, standing and watching Ailbe put the items in her backpack.
Ailbe shrugged and started north again. “I was the only one smart enough to check for it.” Elsie followed on behind, then so did Faye and Aelric.

The group continued single file, down the northern path. To the left of the path, Elsie noticed a large hole in the ground with a diameter of some three metres. “Guys, should we check this out?”
Walking over to the hole, Elsie and Ailbe noticed it was sloping down into the darkened depths of the Earth.

Would you like to check it out or continue north?
You can make different decisions. Discuss it in chat if you want to.

  • Check out the hole
  • Continue North

0 voters



Samantha and Julian (@Miumi.hp and @amaiaxx21)

Still, after waiting a moment longer, the masked man didn’t answer.
Samantha didn’t trust strangers who were masked and covered from head to toe. There were assassins all over the place. If he couldn’t answer her, then she couldn’t be bothered helping him. Besides, she could smell someone sinister was going on, and she didn’t want to endanger herself if she could help it. “I say we head north, he clearly doesn’t want our help.”
Julian was going to suggest trying to help him since the man was obviously in pain and he was curious about what had happened to the man. Though at hearing Sam’s words, he knew she was right and nodded. “I’m going to stick with you for now.”
For now? Sam thought. Gee, thanks for the support. She started along the northern path, ahead of him, which twisted and turned for some five minutes. Luckily, there were no more tree roots for them to clamber over.
On the side of the path was a small, sinewy creature. He has brown, scaly skin and was sitting on a log to the right of the path. He had a sullen expression on his face as he tossed a black shiny rod on a leather cord back and forth between his hands. He might be one of the goblins we are looking for, Julian thought. Both Samantha and Julian tried to stay as quiet as possible, looking between each other, trying to think of what they should do.

Should you attack the goblin, try talking with him, or ignore him and keep walking?
You can make different decisions. Discuss it in chat if you want to.

  • Attack the goblin
  • Try talking with the goblin
  • Ignore the goblin and keep walking

0 voters


Desiree and Roxanne (@amberose and @SilverStar)

Desiree pursed her lips together, unsure if they should see what was in the tree trunk. There could be something living in there, which doesn’t want its home invaded. Roxanne, however, was sure that they needed to find out what was in there. She said, “I think we should find out what’s in there. So what if we don’t put a hand in the trunk and put something else instead? Just in case something bites it. I don’t know what though. Maybe a branch or something?”
Desiree agreed with this idea. She looked at her flail but knew that it wouldn’t work. She wouldn’t be able to feel anything and it’d do more harm than good. Then she remembered and dove into her bag, pulling out the water rod thing. “How about this, Rox?” Roxanne nodded.
Desiree inserted the rod of water-finding into the tree and jiggled it. Once her arm was elbow-deep, the rod banged into something hard. Pulling out the rod, she handed it to Roxanne, who placed it back in her pack.
Desiree then slowly put her hand into the tree, and it comes into some cold and hard. It feels like a metal bowl. As she started to lift it out of the hole, she shrieks in pain as the sharp teeth of some small creature sinks into her arm. Pulling her arm out quickly, hanging onto her discovery. Blood drips to the ground from her wound (-1 Stamina point), though it is only small.
Both of them now looking at the object in Desiree’s hand, it’s not a bowl after all. It is a bronze helmet. “Are you going to try it on to see if it fits?”, Roxanne asked.
Desiree looked at it a little longer, thinking, then decided to do it. She placed the helmet on her head and a surge of power started to run through her body, making her feel strong and unafraid. The must have been magical. (+1 skill).
Roxanne looked at her eagerly. “How do you feel?”
“Ready to find this hammer,” Desiree said, confidently marching north. She continued to lead until they reach another junction, and her indecisiveness causes her confidence to falter.
Roxanne looked both ways. “West or East?”

Desiree
Skill: 9 (+1 for attack with helmet)
Stamina: 19

Do you want to go West or East?
You can make different decisions. Discuss it in chat if you want to.

  • West
  • East

0 voters


Adventure Story SG - Sign-ups and General Chat
#8

East

All four of them looked down into the hole, wondering what could be down there. Each having their own thoughts, but all were thinking that part of the hammer could be down there. Elsie finally spoke up, “Do you think we should go down there?”
“Yes, of course,” Faye said without hesitation.
Ailbe pursed her lips to the side, still giving it thought. “I don’t think anything good can be down there, but I’m curious. So if we can all perform as a team, like the three of you did back there, with whatever created this hole, then I’m all for going in.”
“All right,” Elsie said. “Aelric, what are your thoughts?” All three heads turned to where Aelric had stood. He’d already started down into the hole. “Aelric, we were discussing this first.” They all rushed in after him.

As Aelric descended down into the hole, he noticed large amounts of slime secreted by some huge creature. Rushing after him, the other three didn’t pay as much attention.
The slope was steep and the four are slipped and slid on the slime. Elsie couldn’t avoid one patch, she fell into Aelric and they tumbled head over heels down the hole to the bottom, into a large earthen cavern.
Aelric immediately jumped to his feet and yelled at her, without even trying to dust himself off. “Why didn’t you bother watching your step? If you had then maybe you wouldn’t have slipped. Much less, toppled into me!” Elsie remained speechless. Her eyes wide with fear, staring past Aelric. He slowing turned and was surprised to see the shiny tip of a poisoned barb, on the tail end of a huge Sting Worm coming straight at them. The Sting Worm is about 5 metres long and has huge yellow segments, but all they cared about right now was protecting themselves from the barb. “MOVE,” he screamed, and they both dived out of the way in opposite directions.

Sting Worm's fighting ability

Skill: 8
Stamina: 7

On his feet in seconds with his glaive out, Aelric was ready to attack. He leapt onto the worm’s body, and when its tail came for him, he slashed. Its tail was much thicker than excepted and only left a small gash. Faye rushed into the cavern. Seeing the barb about to attack Aelric again, she gripped both blades and ran to its body, attempting to cut into its body’s segments. Ailbe crept in after her, examining the scene and giving the worm a wide birth. She crept round its back and withdrew her sword, then plunged it into one of the segments higher up. Elsie had decided that she’s been observing for long enough, Faye and Ailbe’s plan seemed to be working, so she grasped her sword and ran at it from the other side. However, while the girls were slicing up the worm below, Aelric was climbing up to the worm’s head, if that’s what you’d call it. Almost there, he stabbed it with his blade and twisted. The worm thrashed violently, from side to side, and jumped off it and rolled to the ground. The worm crashed to the ground, dead.

The girls walked around the lifeless bulk of the worm to examine the contents of its lair. There are several skeletons, perhaps belonging to other unfortunate adventurers. By the side of one of them, Elsie found a leather backpack. She picked up the leather backpack and examined the contents inside. Inside she found 4 gold pieces and a small corked bottle containing a colourless liquid. Not knowing what it was, she wasn’t sure what to do with it. “Should we take this with us? You never know, it might come in handy later?”
“What is it?”, Faye asked as she and Ailbe made her way over.
Ailbe added, “If we don’t know what it does, then there’s not much point in taking it. Toss it back.”
Aelric got up and came over to get a better look. “No point just leaving it here, but we still should find out what it does. I’ll test that.” He took the bottle out of Elsie’s hands, uncorked it, and downed the liquid in one. He waited several seconds for a reaction, but nothing happened. Then as he looked at his glaive, a surge of confidence ran through his body. The potion was temporary liquid skill (+1 skill). He shrugged. “I’m still alive.”
“You’re a troll,” Elsie snarled.
Aelric smirked back at her. “Just don’t fall on me on the way out.” They all scrambled up out of the earthen cave to the path and continued the journey northwards.

After a short-ish walk, the trees started to thin out and shafts of sunlight beam down through the gaps. As the path widened the group saw a large cave entrance set back from the path, on the right.

Aelric
Skill: 12 (+1 skill - temporary)
Stamina: 20

Ailbe
Skill: 7
Stamina: 19

Elsie
Skill: 11
Stamina: 21

Faye
Skill: 12
Stamina: 23

Should you examine the cave or keep heading north?
You can make different decisions. Discuss it in chat if you want to.

  • Examine the cave
  • Head North

0 voters



Samantha and Julian (@Miumi.hp and @amaiaxx21)

Julian looked back at the goblin. His curiosity got the better of him this time, and he wasn’t going to let Sam stop him. After all, it could be one of the goblins they seek. It did have something around its neck that may be part of the hammer. He stepped forward and spoke softly, "Hello, good sir! Are you alright? Are you looking for any company?”
The Goblin looked up and smiled. Then he started to metamorphose before Sam and Julian’s eyes. He became taller and turned green. A large spiny tail extended from his back, his arms thickened and his hands grew sharp claws. His face started to distort and became reptilian with red eyes, a wide mouth and dozens of razor-sharp teeth. He is not a Goblin, but a shapeshifter, and Julian knew they now MUST fight him.

Shapeshifter's fighting ability

Skill: 10
Stamina: 10

The creature stretched out its giant hand to grab Sam but she avoided it by retreating slightly. Readying for Bow as she did. What she wasn’t prepared for was the flick of the creature’s tail sending Julian hurtling through the air into her, knocking her over. “Ugh, get off me,” she told him, pushing him to the side.
“Ouch,” he whimpered slightly. “But thanks for the soft landing.” He was spritely, being a dwarf, and moved rather quickly. Which was good for him since Sam couldn’t reach him in time to thump him. He ran up to it and started running circles round its feet while Sam pulled an arrow from her quiver, but it was much quicker than expected. It sent Julian flying again, and backhanded Sam’s entire body. Though not a third time. She stood quickly and aimed. Firing her arrow, it lodged itself in the side of its neck. The creature roared. Not just from the arrow, but from Julian whacking away at his right leg with his hammer, clambering upward.
“Good work, Julian.” Sam notched another arrow and yelled at the creature. “Oi, Ugly!” It faced her briefly, which was long enough to release another arrow. The arrow went to the back of its throat, even though she was aiming between its eyes. It started to choke and gasp for air, before … GONE. The next thing Sam saw was Julian slumped on the “Goblin’s” log exhausted after the long battle. Sadly, the black rod was just part of the Shapeshifter’s illusion and it exists no more.
“Where did that thing go?”, Sam called out, making her way over slowly.
Julian shrugged. “I don’t know. One minute I was hanging from the back of his leg, the next I’m here. I’ve always thought this forest was weird.”
“Tell me about it.” Just behind the log, Sam noticed some violet mushrooms growing. “What do you think they are? They look tasty.”
Julian turned to have a look. “I don’t know, I wouldn’t risk it. I think we should just continue north.”
“I have an anti-poison potion, just in case.” Picking some and popping them in her mouth, she started to chew. On eating them, she felt great turmoil inside her body. She thought she might be turning into a shapeshifter, but at last, the turmoil died down and she had not become one.
It suddenly occurred to Julian what they were, as he stared at them. “I believe these are Mix-Up Mushrooms.” He was right. Sam’s skill and luck scores switched. Feeling a little odd, they set off north again, though it’s not long before they reach another junction.

Samantha
Skill: 11
Stamina: 21
Luck: 8

Julian
Skill: 9
Stamina: 19

Should you head north or east?
You can make different decisions. Discuss it in chat if you want to.

  • Head North
  • Head East

0 voters



Desiree and Roxanne (@amberose and @SilverStar)

Both standing there, at the junction, as they stared down each direction in silence. Roxanne repeated, “West or East?”
Desiree put a hand on her chest and took a deep breath. “What do you think, Rox, should we split? Take a path each to cover more ground?”
“Yeah, Dee, we should split up.” she nodded. A little excited at the thought of being on her own.
Unlike Desiree, however, who was partially hoping that Roxanne would disagree with her idea, but also knew deep down that she wouldn’t. “Do you have a preference on which way?”
“Either way is fine. Maybe east? I don’t know.”
“Okay, you’ll go East and I’ll go West?!”
“Sure.” Then they wished each other luck and headed in their separate directions.


Desiree

Going west along the rather plain and uninteresting path, it soon brought Desiree to another junction. Though this decision is easier than the last; ignoring the southern path and heading north. That’s what the map said, which she wished she had a hold of right now.
The path leads ever northwards, but at last the trees are beginning to thin out and appear less menacing as daylight streams through between them. On the right side of the path, an old oak chair covered with moss can be seen. It doesn’t look that inviting, but Desiree still went in for a closer look. Nothing out of the ordinary, she thought. But I don’t what would happen if I sit. No, I don’t think I’ll be sitting on that chair. It just seems so random for a chair to be there, it must be a trap. Besides, the quest is more important than sitting down right now. With that, she continued north.
The path eventually emerged from the trees on to a vast plain. Beyond, Desiree saw rising ground leading to the low hills. The waist-high grasses on either side of the path swayed gently in the warm breeze. All is peaceful and the dangers up ahead seem unimportant. She was enjoying her walk when suddenly the silence is broken by the sound of squealing and grunting to the right of the path. She saw a path being made through the grass by an unseen beast, which moved quickly toward her. A few yards ahead, she saw a large pig-like creature burst out onto the path and halt there. It had two long tusks protruding from a short stubby snout. Steam rose into the air from its sweaty body and its small eyes look at her before it put its head down to charge. Desiree readied her weapon to fight the wild boar.

Wild Boar's fighting ability

Skill: 6
Stamina: 5

Aim for the knees, she told herself. She swung for flail and smacked it into the boar’s front knee, causing it to buckle slightly. In the quickest moment, Desiree swung her flail back again, connecting with its rump and sending it flying a couple of metres. She raced over to where it was starting to stand up, and threw the spikes down into its head, killing the boar.
In the distance, she heard the sound of barking dogs. Perhaps it was being hunted, and being trapped, made its last stand against her. Through the nose of the boar, she saw a large gold ring. She decided to take it; slipping it into her backpack. It’s worth 10 Gold Pieces, plus one luck point. Desiree briefly thought about taking the boar for meat, but how would she carry such a big beast. Wishing that the others were here to help, she continued north. It isn’t long before she arrived at another junction. This one with three paths.

Desiree
Skill: 9 (+1 for attack with helmet)
Stamina: 19
Luck: 12 (+1)

Shall you continue north, go west, or go east?
Tell me in chat, please?!


Roxanne

She headed East. The path continued east for some distance and then turned sharply north, narrowing slightly. The trees seemed to crowd in on the path even more than usual and the tingling down Roxanne’s spine told her that something was not right. She flicked her long, brunette braid back, off her shoulder, and held her sword steady in front of her. Suddenly a branch from one of the trees to her right whipped her, knocking her to the ground. (-1 Stamina point). She staggered to her feet to see that the tree had moved on to her path, blocking her way. The tree is quite old, with thick, cracked bark. Roxanne can just make out its hidden eyes and mouth in the middle of the trunk and remembered hearing about the Treeman, which you had been attacked by. She tried to aim her sword for its face but wasn’t able to run straight there, to get a clear shot, as it lumbered slowly toward her on large splayed roots.

Treeman's fighting ability

Skill: 8
Stamina: 16

The Treeman lashed out at her with two of its main branches, and she leapt out of way and at its sunken face. Roxanne left a gash in the trunk, but couldn’t remove her sword fast enough before being flung to the side by a massive branch. Wasting no time, she got up and swung her sword at the next branch that came at her, slicing it cleanly off. Then yet another branch came from behind, but she turned just in time to slice that one off too. Unfortunately, the share force of it knocked her down her on the dirt path, and another branch followed, hitting her arm and knocking her sword out of her hand. She dodged the next one, scrambling over roots to regain her sword, then ran over to plunge your sword into the trunk once again. The Treeman went still.

Roxanne wiped the thick, green sap from your sword and set off north again. Clambering over the dead Treeman’s roots, she was relieved to see that the trees were at last beginning to thin out and had become less threatening. Daylight had started to appear through the trees on either side of the path as the forest thins out more. The path soon leads out of the trees, on to a large plain with tall grasses. She saw rising ground that led to the low hills, but only metres away was another junction.

Roxanne
Skill: 8
Stamina: 11

Shall you continue north, or go east?
Tell me in chat, please?!


#9

East

The four of them stood in front of the large cave entrance, wondering once again what they should do. The difference this time is that that’d learnt from the last. Instead of discussing it amongst each other, all three girls turned to Aelric to see his opinion first. He looked back at them, nodded, and said, “I think I’ll go take a look, but it’s up to the three of you if you want to join me.”
“We have to find the pieces of the hammer, so it’s only logical that we search everywhere,” Faye stated, with both Elsie and Ailbe agreeing.
The four carefully entered the cave and saw the huge shape of an Ogre walking slowly over to a wicker cage with a bowl of water in his great hands. He was dressed in animal furs and carried a stone club in his belt. There appeared to be an animal or creature jumping around inside the cage. Faye and Ailbe’s eyes darted around the cave, seeing a number of things they could look into if the Ogre weren’t here. While they wanted to go over and check out the caged creature.
Elsie looked at the others after they had all hid out of the Orge’s sight. “What do we do? We need to come up with a plan.”
“Obviously we need to take care of the Ogre first before doing anything else. Working as a team worked well the last two times, so I don’t see why it won’t again,” answered Ailbe.
Aelric nodded. “That’s true about the past two times. So I’ll take the ogre head on while Faye and Elsie both flank me. Ailbe, you sneak around and grab the cage. I’ve been wanting a pet for a while.” Then, before Ailbe could even open her mouth to protest, Aelric had said “Let’s go!” and began running at the ogre with his glaive out in front.

Ogre's fighting ability

Skill: 8
Stamina: 12

As Aelric ran, he didn’t leap or go up, he went down this time. Slashing his sword as he slid, ducked, and crawled between the Ogre’s legs. The Ogre hadn’t enough time to attack him since Elsie and Faye noticed Aelric had started and then followed ten seconds later. They each ran past him on either side, slicing the Ogre’s arms. As frustrated as Ailbe was with “the plan”, she started to follow it anyway. She attempted to sneak round the cave to the cage, which wasn’t difficult for her since she was skilled in espionage. Unfortunately for her, the Ogre was directly beside the cage and completely aware of his surroundings. He lifted his large stone club from his belt, grunted, and swung it at Ailbe, flinging her off to the side. Aelric watched this and needed to draw his attention away from Ailbe. The Ogre’s size did inhibit his speed, however, he still swung his club at Aelric. Fortunately, he was faster and slashed between the ogre’s legs, making him howl in pain. The Ogre doubled over and threw his hands in every which way to catch him.
He missed Aelric by a hair, as he circled round and slid his blade across both joints. The Ogre fell to his bloodied knees, howling, crying, and yelping in pain. A surge of anger ran through the Ogre and he lunged at Ailbe in a last attempt, but Faye foiled this plan. She struck him from behind with both her blades, sending him crashing forwards, killing him.
Ailbe slowly got up and dusted herself off. She stood there surveying the scene. There was the creature in the cage jumping around even more frantically than before. As for the rest of the room, there wasn’t much of interest to be found in the cave. A straw bed, stone jars, and a table and chair are all that is immediately visible, but on a stone shelf above the bed, a small silver box caught her eyes, as well as Faye’s. As Aelric and Elsie were by the creature now, who was making even more racket, Faye walked over and collected the box. She gently prised open the box, but as she did, a yellow gas escaped and enveloped her face. The gas was toxic and Faye’s eyes started to water. She coughed and held her breath while running around the cave trying to escape the gas cloud which had enveloped her. Damn you, Roxanne! If only I had kept those nose filters instead, she thought while trying to breathe. Faye’s lungs felt like they are bursting and she was forced to inhale. Opening the box had come with consequences (-2 skill and -1 stamina). When the gas cloud faded, Faye felt weaker, but still decided to put the silver box in her backpack before sitting down on the bed. Elsie watched as Aelric tapped on the creature’s cage and said, “Hey, little guy, want to come along on this quest with me? I’ll look after you.” Inside the cage, a small, sinewy creature with brown, scaly skin was jumping up and down - he was a Goblin. Round his neck hangs a black shiny rod on a leather cord. Ailbe rolled her eyes. Just as Aelric was about to open the cage, she walked over and ran her sword through the bars and into the goblin. “Hey, that was my pet. Why’d you do that?”
Ailbe shrugged. “You told me what to do, I killed your pet, now we’re even.” She left the cave. Aelric took one look at the dead goblin before chasing after her to argue, and Faye followed after them to make sure nothing irrational happened. Elsie was left standing next to the cage. She opened the cage, reaching over the lifeless body of the goblin and grabbed the rod around its neck. The rod was made of ebony and there was a screw thread at one end. She was excited to see the letter G neatly inscribed at the other end of what must be the handle of the dwarfish war hammer. She put the handle in your backpack and left the cave to tell the others. Once she had caught up to them along the path, she was so excited to tell them that she didn’t notice a rope noose hidden beneath some fallen leaves ahead, which caught her foot and hauled her into the air. The rope was tied to a sprung tree. In a second, Elsie was hanging upside-down, suspended by her trapped foot.

Aelric
Skill: 12 (+1 skill - temporary)
Stamina: 20

Ailbe
Skill: 7
Stamina: 16

Elsie
Skill: 11
Stamina: 21

Faye
Skill: 10
Stamina: 22

How is Elsie going to get out of the trap?
Please discuss this in chat.



Samantha and Julian (@Miumi.hp and @amaiaxx21)

When they reached the next junction, Julian shifted his backpack, about to take it off. “Let’s take a look at the map before deciding which way to go.”
Sam shook her head. “We don’t need to do that, all we need to do is remember to head north. So that’s the way we should go.” He nodded and shouldered his pack again.
The path continued to lead northwards. At last the trees began to thin out and no longer looked that creepy as daylight streamed through between them. To the right of the path, an old oak chair covered with moss could be seen. Sam slipped off her backpack and it fell to the ground as she stared at the chair. “I’m curious, I think I will sit on the chair since you have the potion of plant control, just in case.”
Julian looked between the chair and Sam, then shrugged. “Fine by me, but don’t you think it’s super weird to have a random chair in the middle of a forest? 'Cause it seems like a trap to me.”
“Maybe, but I’m way too curious about it…” She’d already walked to the chair. She sat down upon it and despite it being made of hard oak, the chair was surprisingly comfortable. She started to relax, but instead of feeling stronger she started feeling weaker. Sam realised it was a Chair of Life Draining (-4 Stamina). She managed to climb slowly out of the chair.
“Are you okay?”, Julian asked.
“No, but we should keep going anyway.” She staggered north at a much slower pace, with Julian following closely behind, watching her like a hawk.
The northern path eventually emerged from the trees on to a vast plain, where they saw rising ground leading to the low hills. On either side of the path, there was waist-high grasses that swayed calmly in the warm breeze. Relaxing, except for the carcass of a large boar laying just a few metres away. Sam, who still felt light-headed, sat down on a nearby log, while Julian went to take a closer look at the dead animal.

Samantha
Skill: 11
Stamina: 17
Luck: 8

Julian
Skill: 9
Stamina: 19


Desiree @amberose

North, north, north, Desiree kept telling herself as she walked northward. As she walked further northwards across the plain, the grass gradually became shorter and the ground started to rise gently. Ahead she heard the roar of crashing water and soon reached the bank of a wide river split on two levels. To the right, the water was calm and slow-moving but in front of her, it tumbled noisily down a great waterfall to a gorge where the river narrowed and ran quickly west over rock and boulders. Steps led down by the side of the waterfall to the bottom of the gorge, although it was difficult for her to see where the stairs ended because of the spray which was thrown up. Across the river, she saw the path heading north into the distance. To her right, where the river was calm, was a small wooden boat tied to a post.
Thinking for a few minutes, Desiree descended the slippery stone steps. She was halfway down when she froze, the boar was still on her mind. Turning around and almost slipping, she made her way back up and through the long grass to the junction. Gripping her flail as she didn’t know if those hunters had found the beast, she headed south again to the boar.

Desiree
Skill: 9 (+1 for attack with helmet)
Stamina: 19
Luck: 12 (+1)


Samantha, Julian, and Desiree

Desiree lowered her weapon and fastened it back to her side when she saw the two figures next to the boar. “Sam, Julian, are you okay?”
“Dee, it’s you. We’re okay, but where is Roxanne?”, Julian asked.
“We split up. She went east at the junction back there, and I, this way.” she points in the direction of the forest from which Julian and Sam had just come.
Sam followed her finger then looked back at Desiree. “The new helmet suits you, by the way, and I believe that you’re the one who killed this animal?”
Desiree nodded. “I thought it’d be great meal but it was far too large for just me to cart.”
Sam carefully got to her feet. “Well, Julian, why don’t you lead the way since you have the map, and Desiree, you take the front of the boar, I’ll the rear.” They did so and walk quietly north until they arrived at the junction, which split into three paths.

Shall you continue north, go west, or go east?
You can make different decisions. Discuss it in chat if you want to.

  • Continue North
  • Go West
  • Go East

0 voters



Roxanne @SilverStar

The path didn’t change much and soon she reached a four-way junction. South led back into the forest so she discounted that option. However, she did think about the other two paths much before deciding to continue east. But it isn’t long before the eastern path ends and she must head north.
As Roxanne walked along the path through the waist-high grasses, she watched as the grass rippled in the wind. Though soon she got an uncomfortable feeling that the grass had a will of its own and was moving independently of the wind. A clump of grass suddenly stretched out across the path and wrapped itself around her ankle. Other clumps of grass tried to grab her arms and legs. Roxanne realised that she was surrounded by Tangleweed. So, despite her struggles, the Tangleweed managed to grab her limbs and drag her to the ground. She saw as the grass began to curl itself around her neck and tightened its grip. She choked and tried to cough. But then Roxanne realised that the Tangleweed is not trying to strangle her, it is trying to make as much contact as it can with her exposed flesh so that it can suck her blood! With horror, she saw hundreds of tiny blood-ringed punctures on her arms and legs. Finally, the weed, having drunk enough, released its grip (-3 Stamina). She rose to her feet and stood shakily, rubbing her wounds. “Stupid grass,” she said irritatedly, kicking at it and then started north again.
As the path proceeded northwards, the grass became shorter and the ground started to rise gently. Ahead Roxanne heard the sound of flowing water and soon reached the bank of a gently flowing river. There is no bridge but she saw that the path continued north on the other side of the river. Standing in front of her is a magnificent white beast, a half-man, half-horse. A bow and quiver of arrows are slung behind his back. He is a Centaur.

** Roxanne**
Skill: 8
Stamina: 8

What will you do?

  • Start a conversation with him
  • Draw your sword and attack him
  • Walk around him and wade into the river

0 voters


Adventure Story SG - Sign-ups and General Chat
Adventure Story SG - Sign-ups and General Chat
#10

East

As Elsie was hoisted upside down by the rope around her ankle. As she was pulled up into the trees above, she shrieked rather loudly, causing Faye to cover her ears. “Gees, be quiet. That was loud enough to wake the dead and I don’t want to fight that Ogre again.”
She was hanging above there heads but managed to look down at Faye. “I was taken by surprise, okay?!” Elsie tried to wiggle herself out but to no avail, then reached for the handle of her blade and unsheathed it. She swung it at the rope that held her.
After that scream, Faye had no interest in helping someone who could be that noisy. Instead, she kept watch, just in case the persons who had set the trap came back. Ailbe and Aelric scrambled around on the ground, preparing to catch her. Aelric was also looking around for where the rope was tied to see if he could help. Luckily, Elsie’s sword connected with the rope on the second swing and snapped it. Quickly she fell and Ailbe and Aelric managed to catch her, and thankfully she stretched out her sword arm so she didn’t slice through either of them. Their legs started to buckle as the sudden weight hit their arm, but they both steadied themselves.
“Thank you,” Elsie told them as she stood, removed the loop around her ankle, and dusted herself off. “Right, let’s keep going.”
“No,” Aelric answered and gripped his weapon. “Let’s wait to find out who set this trap.”
Faye looked at him. “I agree with Elsie, we don’t need to wait around for a fight, let’s move on.”
Ailbe nodded. “As much as I want to find out who did this, we do have a mission to complete.”
“FINE! Go on then.” Aelric waited for the girls to continue on, and he stuck around there slightly longer before following, just in case the trap-setters were close by.

The group continued walking north. That is until they all noticed a knotted vine hanging down to the ground from a tree to the left. In the tree was a roughly made treehouse amid the branches.

Aelric
Skill: 12 (+1 skill - temporary)
Stamina: 20

Ailbe
Skill: 7
Stamina: 16

Elsie
Skill: 11
Stamina: 21
Luck: 10

Faye
Skill: 10
Stamina: 22

Climb the vine, continue north, or something else?
Please discuss this in chat.



Samantha, Julian, and Desiree (@Miumi.hp, @amaiaxx21 and @amberose)

They all looked at the three paths. Desiree gestured with her head, “North heads to a large waterfall that we’ll need to cross to continue. We could go East, try to find the others, but they could have changed direction and be anywhere. I think either is fine, just not to go west.”
“I think we should go North, cross the waterfall to continue North. But I also don’t mind going East, though West is completely new territory too,” Sam suggested.
“Well, I’m happy to keep going north.” There was a pause. “Umm… So have we actually decided north, east or west?”
Sam nodded but was interrupted by Julian before she could speak. “I say let’s go north.” The girls both agreed and they continued northward, toward the sound of the waterfall.

The reached the bank of the wide river that split was on two levels. Julian and Sam saw the water was calm and slow-moving to their right. Then saw the gorge where the river narrowed and ran quickly west over rock and boulders. They all made a silent decision to take the steps that led down the side of the waterfall to the bottom of the gorge. They descended the slippery stone steps to the bottom of the waterfall. Julian looked back up to see a magnificent rainbow reflected in the spray. However, it was dark in the gorge and impossible to see through the wall of water where the steps ended. Carefully walking along the steps and behind the waterfall, into a large cavern where there’s a pool of still water. The steps run round the side of the pool and there’s a stone table and chair on the far side. Julian went to the table and saw fish scraps lying on it. Suddenly there was a noise of splashing behind him. Sam and Desiree dropped the carcass. A strange creature climbed out of the pool and advanced toward the girls armed with a trident. His legs were like a man’s but his face and torso resembled a large green fish with bulbous eyes. His arms were human but covered with large scales. He is a Fish-man, and you’re unable to escape and MUST fight him.

FISH-MAN
Skill: 7
Stamina: 6

Samantha
Skill: 11
Stamina: 17
Luck: 8

Julian
Skill: 9
Stamina: 19

Desiree
Skill: 9 (+1 for attack with helmet)
Stamina: 19
Luck: 12 (+1)

What’s your first move?
Please discuss this in chat.



Roxanne @SilverStar

Roxanne waved at the Centaur and bid him a good day, to which he replies, “Good day to you too.”
She found it was pleasing to meet somebody who was not attacking her on sight and asked, “Do you have any information on two goblins, or maybe where I find the missing Warhammer of Stonebridge?”
He doesn’t know anything. “I do not wander much these days as I’m getting old. I just want to own a little gold in my old age. For three gold I can carry you across this river.”
Roxanne thought a moment and searched her pack for the nose filters. She extended her arm out to him with the filters centred in her palm. “I bought these from Yaztromo for three gold.” He had heard of the wizard, and nodded, making his way over and took the filters. She climbed onto his back and he walked across the river. The water was a dark green colour and she wondered what kind of creatures might lurk in its depths. Soon they reached the other side, she thanked him and said goodbye.
She was now at the foot of some hills…

** Roxanne**
Skill: 8
Stamina: 8

Okay, sorry, I’m going to leave it here and have the others catch up so you don’t get too far ahead. :wink:


Adventure Story SG - Sign-ups and General Chat
#11

East @jdepisode, @brinn, @Kate_Potter, & @EpisodeLover_13

“I say we climb this vine and find out what’s at the top,” Elsie suggested to the rest of the group.
“Yes, I agree.” Ailbe nodded. “Maybe from there, we can look out for whoever set the trap, or attack them if they’re up there.”
"The point is to investigate the possible places where the other goblin could be,” Faye added. The all looked at Aelric, expecting that he’d already have started up the vine. But he hadn’t even moved. “I will stay down at the bottom and keep watch. Make sure nothing can escape,” he told them.
Faye shrugged. “Suit yourself.” She made her way to the vine and began climbing, and Ailbe followed.
Elsie smiled. “Not a bad idea.” She followed Faye up too.

Ape-man
Skill: 8
Stamina: 7

When Faye and Ailbe stood on the platform, they didn’t see an Apeman standing in the door frame of the treehouse. The Apeman leapt at the two, who didn’t see him until it was too late, and he roared. The creature looked even larger and hairier closer up, and they saw he wore an animal hide loincloth and held a large bone in his right hand. Faye took the brunt of the attack, and Elsie was lucky enough to roll onto the platform, off the rope, slicing the creature as she did. It roared again.
Aelric, who was watching from below, looked around him for a reasonable-sized rock. He picked up a sharp one and aimed, throwing it before the Apeman had a chance to attack again. It connected with his head causing him to stumble backward. What impeccable aim I have, he thought. Those girls clearly need to give me more credit! Ailbe watched him stumble and ran at him with her sword, plunging it into his chest and pinning him to the wall. then pulling out her sword, he crumpled to the ground.
Faye stood up, dusted herself off, and walked to the door of the treehouse. Faye stepped over the body of the Apeman, not before making sure he’s dead, and entered his living room. Animal bones and rotting fruit littered the floor. The Apeman’s bed was made of moss and lichen and seemed to be crawling with bugs. There was a copper bracelet on the floor near Faye’s foot. She bent down and picked up the bracelet, then twisted it into place on her wrist. A powerful feeling surged through her arm and made her jump. Her arm felt strong. Faye now possesses the Bracelet of Skill (Which adds +1 to your skill).

The three girls climbed back down the vine and stood with Aelric again, saying nothing about his skilful shot. The group all continue north. Soon the path led out of the trees on to a large plain with tall grasses. Beyond it, you see the rising ground and, further off, some low hills. Each halting when the path split into three directions; west, east, and north.

Aelric
Skill: 12
Stamina: 20

Ailbe
Skill: 7
Stamina: 15

Elsie
Skill: 11
Stamina: 21
Luck: 10

Faye
Skill: 10 (+1 skill)
Stamina: 20

West, east, and north?
Please discuss this in chat WITHIN THE NEXT DAY, please!



Samantha, Julian, and Desiree (@Miumi.hp, @amaiaxx21 and @amberose)

FISH-MAN
Skill: 7
Stamina: 6

The Fishman started slowly gaining on the girls, which Julian realised he could use to his advantage. He quietly snuck back round the pool of water and the Fishman kept advancing. He was focusing on Desire, which was good because it left enough time for Sam to ready an arrow in her bow. She fired her arrow, sending it straight into his chest. However, it made him stumble forward toward Desiree rather than backwards. Desiree decided that the best thing to with a fish was to punch it on the nose to disorientate it, which is exactly what she did. She sent the Fishman flying backwards into Julian’s hammer, which he’d raised for this purpose, to swing at him. Straight into his head. The Fishman fell forward onto the ground, dead. They’d all pulled together to initiate and fulfil this successful plan. They were becoming a well-oiled machine.
Sam started to pat the creature down, “He might have something useful on him.”
“He came out of that pool,” Julian told her, gesturing to the pool. "You really think he’ll have anything on him.
She sighed, then Desiree chimed in before she could snap back at him, “There could be something around the cave though.”
He spread his arms out questioningly and turned slightly in both directions. “Where? Unless you want some basic furniture and some fish bones. Let’s just keep going.” He swung his hammer and walked around the pool. Sam and Desiree begrudgingly picked the boar back up and followed him.
They walked around the pool to the north side. Steps led back up past the waterfall and up to the top. The group took them slowly and were then at the foot of some hills…

Samantha
Skill: 11
Stamina: 17
Luck: 8

Julian
Skill: 9
Stamina: 19

Desiree
Skill: 9 (+1 for attack with helmet)
Stamina: 19
Luck: 12 (+1)

Okay, sorry, I’m going to leave it here and have the others catch up so you don’t get too far ahead. :wink:


#12

East @jdepisode, @brinn, @EpisodeLover_13, and @YassineCool

Elsie got out her map and pointed to where they should be on there. “It looks like we should head north from here,” she told the others.
Faye started walking off ahead, “Let’s go north then.”
Aelric nodded. “Yeah, I say go north too.”
Ailbe looked in the northern direction. “Me too.” They all began heading north and their path cut through the grass, which was about waist height. Although their visibility was good, they felt uneasy about any creatures that may be stalking them on either side. Suddenly, the grass on Faye’s left moved and two wooden tubes appeared, pointing straight at the group. They were blowpipes belonging to two Pygmies who blew into them, sending two darts each in the group’s direction.
Luckily, none of the darts hit any of the group. But Elsie lost her composure. How dare they sneak up on us and ruin a perfectly good plan, she thought. Rage clouding her judgement as she drew her sword, about to chase after them. No one stopped her. Instead, they all drew their blades and chased after them.

PYGMY 1
Skill: 5
Stamina: 5

PYGMY 2
Skill: 5
Stamina: 6

Elsie quickly caught up with the two brown-skinned Pygmies. They wore grass skirts and as they stopped and turned to face the group, Elsie noticed that they each had a bone through their nose. The Pygmies drew their daggers and the first attacked her. She aimed her blade at his head but he was too fast and she only managed to whack him in the back with the flat of her sword, causing him to tumble. Ailbe was right behind Elsie and went in for the attack. However, she was unaware of the second Pygmie charging her, running circles around her feet and causing her to topple over. But before her head hit the ground, her blade cut the second Pygmie. Aelric was on top of him before he could retaliate. Hitting the ground that hard, left the second Pygmie dazed, which was enough time for Aelric to plunge his blade into him. Seeing a small leather bag around the dead Pygmie’s neck, he ripped it off. It had three Gold Pieces inside.
Faye joined Elsie with the first Pygmie and they sliced and stabbed their blades at him as he circled them. Elsie got the final blow and the Pygmie stopped. She bent over and pulled off the leather bag that around this dead Pygmie’s neck. It also had three Gold Pieces inside.
Aelric got up and walked back to Ailbe, offering her his hand. “You okay?”
Ailbe sighed and didn’t accept his hand, instead pulling herself up and back to her feet. “Fine. Just sick of being the target to the creatures we face.”
“Maybe you just need to be more aware of your surroundings.” He began north, tossing the leather bag in the air.
“Oh, be quiet,” Ailbe demanded. We all know your skills are no match for mine. The girls followed him north.
As the path proceeded northwards, the grass became shorter and the ground started to rise gently. Ahead of the group, the sound of flowing water. The four of them quicken their pace and soon reach the bank of the gently flowing river. Faye saw a path leading to a rickety old bridge. The only other way she saw to cross the river was to swim, holding their backpacks above their heads to keep them dry.

Aelric
Skill: 12
Stamina: 20
Luck: 10

Ailbe
Skill: 7
Stamina: 12
Luck: 9

Elsie
Skill: 11
Stamina: 21
Luck: 9

Faye
Skill: 10 (+1 skill)
Stamina: 20
Luck: 11

Take the bridge or wade into the river?
Please discuss this in chat WITHIN THE NEXT DAY!

ORP: @SilverStar, @Miumi.hp, @amaiaxx21 and @amberose, I’ll add you back into the next part! :wink: