Adventure Story ~ Official SG

East

“One Gold Piece? To a talking bird? I don’t think so,” Faye exclaimed, still aiming her weapons at the crow. “I think I’ll just choose to go east.
Ailbe nodded. “East sounds a lot better than putting our trust in a greedy, talking bird.”
Not totally listening to what the girls were saying, Aelric merely narrowed his eyes up at it. “Who’s to say it’s worthy advice? How about you talk before payment and I’ll deem it’s worth?”
The Crow tilts its head at him. “Well, I saw one of the goblins you seek, all for the price of one gold piece.”
Still not feeling completely comfortable talking to an animal, Elsie gulped before speaking, “How do we even know that you will give us the right information? Are you going to fly overhead and show us the way?”
The crow looked disgruntled if a crow could even look disgruntled, and it stated, “If you do not want the advice, then be on your way. Choose which path you should take, north or east?”
Aelric threw his hands up in the air. “Fine, give the damn bird the gold.”
Faye spun around, now pointing one blade at Aelric and the other at Ailbe. “Don’t give it nothing. We’ll head east and that’s that.”
“No, we won’t. Who put you in charge? This is a democracy, not communism.”
“The three of you, when you started listening to a bird.”
Aleric heard Ailbe sigh, and he shook his head in frustration. “Fine, you go off then, and we might join you IF the crow tells us to.” Faye didn’t move, just continued to glare at him. Ailbe reached for the gold she had and took out one piece. Walking over to the post, she placed the gold on top and stepped back.
The crow moved to stand over the gold. “One of the goblins you seek still has the item, and you find him north.”
“Well, that was useful. I suppose we head north to certain death now?!”, Faye mumbled sarcastically. She didn’t wait for an answer and trudged in that direction.
“Thank you, but why does a crow need Gold Pieces?”, Elsie asked.
The Crow replied, “30 pieces are needed for Yaztromo to turn me back into a human.” Elsie nodded, bidding the Crow farewell, and followed Faye north, with the others behind her.

They walked along the path in silence, as Faye was still fuming over her conflict with the others. The group hadn’t got far before they heard footsteps and arguing voices ahead.

Would you like to see who they are or hide?
You can make different decisions.

  • Meet the owners
  • Hide in the bushes

0 voters



West

“I’ll go west towards the cries. If whoever it is, needs help then I could help and maybe save them.” Sam then said what everyone was thinking, “Or if it was a trap, I will kill them and collect their gold.”
“If it is a trap then you’ll need someone with you who has a close-combat weapon. A bow and arrow won’t help with a surprise attack,” Roxanne told her, which was surprising to hear her sound so logical.
Julian interjected, not allowing Sam’s reply, which never even managed to leave her open mouth, “I’ll join you in heading west, Sam. Curiosity is getting the better of me, as to who those cries are from.”
Roxanne shook her head confusedly. “Even though the map says north?”
“Yeah, I think Rox could be right. Staying on the path north could be the right idea,” Desiree agreed.
“What are you two talking about?! The two creatures with the hammer aren’t just going to be waiting on the side of the path, they’ll be hidden,” Sam exclaimed.
Julian held his palms up toward them, almost like he was trying to stop a fight before it broke out. “So why don’t you two head north, we’ll head west, and hopefully the paths will merge again afterwards for us to meet up again.”
“That sounds plausible,” Roxanne agreed, while the other two nodded as well.


Samantha and Julian (@Miumi.hp and @amaiaxx21)

The path started off well for Samantha and Julian, barely any foliage to deal with or clear. However, after a short while, they found themselves clambering over the gnarled roots of the old trees as they headed in the direction of the cries. After a few minutes, they saw a man dressed in long dark robes with his foot caught in a rusted rabbit snare. His face is masked by his robes and only his dark brown eyes are visible.
Julian took a step toward him but Sam gripped her fingers into his shoulder to hold him back. She called out to the masked man, “Hey, who are you? What are you doing in these parts?” There was no answer, he simply continued whining and wailing in pain.

Do you wish to help him or head along the northern path?
Tell me (discuss it if you want to) in the chat thread!


Desiree and Roxanne (@amberose and @SilverStar)

Desiree and Roxanne followed the path that headed north into a thicker forest, with barely a gap between the trees. If it weren’t for the occasional stream of sunlight breaking through the canopy, then they wouldn’t have been able to see anything. Both were extremely cautious, gripping their weapons in front of them. Words weren’t spoken, but they were thinking the same thing; something could be hiding in the trees and at any moment jump out to attack.
They walked along the narrow path, Roxanne leading the way, until ahead of the two was a big, old tree with a large hole in its trunk just above head height.

Do you want to reach up and put your hand in the trunk or continue heading north?
Tell me (discuss it if you want to) in the chat thread!

8 Likes

East

The voices grew louder, and they had to make a quick decision. Without making a noise, they all looked at each other; Aelric, Faye, Elsie, and … that was it. Ailbe had disappeared. They looked around them but couldn’t see her. Ailbe had chosen in that split-second of hearing the voices, to carefully hide behind the bushes, and was surprised that no one joined her. She didn’t want to risk any danger these noisy things might put them in.
However, the three stood waiting, with their weapons at the ready. Two tall, spindly creatures, clad in tattered cloth, over which they wear chainmail jackets. If memory served Faye correctly, they are called HobGoblins. When they see the three of you standing there, they stop arguing and drew swords to attack.

HobGoblins' fighting ability

HobGoblin 1
Skill: 6
Stamina: 6

HobGoblin 2
Skill: 5
Stamina: 7

Aelric was first in for the attack, not even considering the two girls. He swung his glaive at the first creature’s head, but he had to leap out of the way of the creature’s sword at the last minute and only cut its arm. Elsie thrust her sword at the second creature, who didn’t have time to react and struck his shoulder.
Faye was going to keep up the defence and watch their backs, but she enjoyed bloodshed too much. When her “friends” were out of the way slightly, she spun with both blades facing out, partially to show off. The creatures weren’t ready for this, they weren’t the smartest, and she left two parallel gashes in each ones’ side.
Aelric and Elsie lunged again while their attention was on their sides, and pierced their abdomens. As they pulled their blades out, Faye, still being cocky, knelt on one knee and stretched her arms out either side of her. Her blades sliced through the back of their knees and they crumpled to the ground.

Ailbe came out from her spot. Aelric wiped his sword of blood and teased, “Glad you could finally join us after all the hard work is done.” Ailbe threw him a look that could kill and he fell silent.
“It was good to watch you all working as a team, though Faye, next time try not to be so dramatic,” Ailbe advised, kneeling over the HobGoblin’s skeletal frames, patting them down. She found 3 gold pieces, a tiny brass flute, and two maggoted-ridden biscuits. As well as a necklace made of mouse skulls around the first one’s neck.
“Why do you get the loot?”, Faye asked, standing and watching Ailbe put the items in her backpack.
Ailbe shrugged and started north again. “I was the only one smart enough to check for it.” Elsie followed on behind, then so did Faye and Aelric.

The group continued single file, down the northern path. To the left of the path, Elsie noticed a large hole in the ground with a diameter of some three metres. “Guys, should we check this out?”
Walking over to the hole, Elsie and Ailbe noticed it was sloping down into the darkened depths of the Earth.

Would you like to check it out or continue north?
You can make different decisions. Discuss it in chat if you want to.

  • Check out the hole
  • Continue North

0 voters



Samantha and Julian (@Miumi.hp and @amaiaxx21)

Still, after waiting a moment longer, the masked man didn’t answer.
Samantha didn’t trust strangers who were masked and covered from head to toe. There were assassins all over the place. If he couldn’t answer her, then she couldn’t be bothered helping him. Besides, she could smell someone sinister was going on, and she didn’t want to endanger herself if she could help it. “I say we head north, he clearly doesn’t want our help.”
Julian was going to suggest trying to help him since the man was obviously in pain and he was curious about what had happened to the man. Though at hearing Sam’s words, he knew she was right and nodded. “I’m going to stick with you for now.”
For now? Sam thought. Gee, thanks for the support. She started along the northern path, ahead of him, which twisted and turned for some five minutes. Luckily, there were no more tree roots for them to clamber over.
On the side of the path was a small, sinewy creature. He has brown, scaly skin and was sitting on a log to the right of the path. He had a sullen expression on his face as he tossed a black shiny rod on a leather cord back and forth between his hands. He might be one of the goblins we are looking for, Julian thought. Both Samantha and Julian tried to stay as quiet as possible, looking between each other, trying to think of what they should do.

Should you attack the goblin, try talking with him, or ignore him and keep walking?
You can make different decisions. Discuss it in chat if you want to.

  • Attack the goblin
  • Try talking with the goblin
  • Ignore the goblin and keep walking

0 voters


Desiree and Roxanne (@amberose and @SilverStar)

Desiree pursed her lips together, unsure if they should see what was in the tree trunk. There could be something living in there, which doesn’t want its home invaded. Roxanne, however, was sure that they needed to find out what was in there. She said, “I think we should find out what’s in there. So what if we don’t put a hand in the trunk and put something else instead? Just in case something bites it. I don’t know what though. Maybe a branch or something?”
Desiree agreed with this idea. She looked at her flail but knew that it wouldn’t work. She wouldn’t be able to feel anything and it’d do more harm than good. Then she remembered and dove into her bag, pulling out the water rod thing. “How about this, Rox?” Roxanne nodded.
Desiree inserted the rod of water-finding into the tree and jiggled it. Once her arm was elbow-deep, the rod banged into something hard. Pulling out the rod, she handed it to Roxanne, who placed it back in her pack.
Desiree then slowly put her hand into the tree, and it comes into some cold and hard. It feels like a metal bowl. As she started to lift it out of the hole, she shrieks in pain as the sharp teeth of some small creature sinks into her arm. Pulling her arm out quickly, hanging onto her discovery. Blood drips to the ground from her wound (-1 Stamina point), though it is only small.
Both of them now looking at the object in Desiree’s hand, it’s not a bowl after all. It is a bronze helmet. “Are you going to try it on to see if it fits?”, Roxanne asked.
Desiree looked at it a little longer, thinking, then decided to do it. She placed the helmet on her head and a surge of power started to run through her body, making her feel strong and unafraid. The must have been magical. (+1 skill).
Roxanne looked at her eagerly. “How do you feel?”
“Ready to find this hammer,” Desiree said, confidently marching north. She continued to lead until they reach another junction, and her indecisiveness causes her confidence to falter.
Roxanne looked both ways. “West or East?”

Desiree
Skill: 9 (+1 for attack with helmet)
Stamina: 19

Do you want to go West or East?
You can make different decisions. Discuss it in chat if you want to.

  • West
  • East

0 voters

2 Likes

East

All four of them looked down into the hole, wondering what could be down there. Each having their own thoughts, but all were thinking that part of the hammer could be down there. Elsie finally spoke up, “Do you think we should go down there?”
“Yes, of course,” Faye said without hesitation.
Ailbe pursed her lips to the side, still giving it thought. “I don’t think anything good can be down there, but I’m curious. So if we can all perform as a team, like the three of you did back there, with whatever created this hole, then I’m all for going in.”
“All right,” Elsie said. “Aelric, what are your thoughts?” All three heads turned to where Aelric had stood. He’d already started down into the hole. “Aelric, we were discussing this first.” They all rushed in after him.

As Aelric descended down into the hole, he noticed large amounts of slime secreted by some huge creature. Rushing after him, the other three didn’t pay as much attention.
The slope was steep and the four are slipped and slid on the slime. Elsie couldn’t avoid one patch, she fell into Aelric and they tumbled head over heels down the hole to the bottom, into a large earthen cavern.
Aelric immediately jumped to his feet and yelled at her, without even trying to dust himself off. “Why didn’t you bother watching your step? If you had then maybe you wouldn’t have slipped. Much less, toppled into me!” Elsie remained speechless. Her eyes wide with fear, staring past Aelric. He slowing turned and was surprised to see the shiny tip of a poisoned barb, on the tail end of a huge Sting Worm coming straight at them. The Sting Worm is about 5 metres long and has huge yellow segments, but all they cared about right now was protecting themselves from the barb. “MOVE,” he screamed, and they both dived out of the way in opposite directions.

Sting Worm's fighting ability

Skill: 8
Stamina: 7

On his feet in seconds with his glaive out, Aelric was ready to attack. He leapt onto the worm’s body, and when its tail came for him, he slashed. Its tail was much thicker than expected and only left a small gash. Faye rushed into the cavern. Seeing the barb about to attack Aelric again, she gripped both blades and ran to its body, attempting to cut into its body’s segments. Ailbe crept in after her, examining the scene and giving the worm a wide birth. She crept round its back and withdrew her sword, then plunged it into one of the segments higher up. Elsie had decided that she’s been observing for long enough, Faye and Ailbe’s plan seemed to be working, so she grasped her sword and ran at it from the other side. However, while the girls were slicing up the worm below, Aelric was climbing up to the worm’s head, if that’s what you’d call it. Almost there, he stabbed it with his blade and twisted. The worm thrashed violently, from side to side, and jumped off it and rolled to the ground. The worm crashed to the ground, dead.

The girls walked around the lifeless bulk of the worm to examine the contents of its lair. There are several skeletons, perhaps belonging to other unfortunate adventurers. By the side of one of them, Elsie found a leather backpack. She picked up the leather backpack and examined the contents inside. Inside she found 4 gold pieces and a small corked bottle containing a colourless liquid. Not knowing what it was, she wasn’t sure what to do with it. “Should we take this with us? You never know, it might come in handy later?”
“What is it?”, Faye asked as she and Ailbe made her way over.
Ailbe added, “If we don’t know what it does, then there’s not much point in taking it. Toss it back.”
Aelric got up and came over to get a better look. “No point just leaving it here, but we still should find out what it does. I’ll test that.” He took the bottle out of Elsie’s hands, uncorked it, and downed the liquid in one. He waited several seconds for a reaction, but nothing happened. Then as he looked at his glaive, a surge of confidence ran through his body. The potion was temporary liquid skill (+1 skill). He shrugged. “I’m still alive.”
“You’re a troll,” Elsie snarled.
Aelric smirked back at her. “Just don’t fall on me on the way out.” They all scrambled up out of the earthen cave to the path and continued the journey northwards.

After a short-ish walk, the trees started to thin out and shafts of sunlight beam down through the gaps. As the path widened the group saw a large cave entrance set back from the path, on the right.

Aelric
Skill: 12 (+1 skill - temporary)
Stamina: 20

Ailbe
Skill: 7
Stamina: 19

Elsie
Skill: 11
Stamina: 21

Faye
Skill: 12
Stamina: 23

Should you examine the cave or keep heading north?
You can make different decisions. Discuss it in chat if you want to.

  • Examine the cave
  • Head North

0 voters



Samantha and Julian (@Miumi.hp and @amaiaxx21)

Julian looked back at the goblin. His curiosity got the better of him this time, and he wasn’t going to let Sam stop him. After all, it could be one of the goblins they seek. It did have something around its neck that may be part of the hammer. He stepped forward and spoke softly, "Hello, good sir! Are you alright? Are you looking for any company?”
The Goblin looked up and smiled. Then he started to metamorphose before Sam and Julian’s eyes. He became taller and turned green. A large spiny tail extended from his back, his arms thickened and his hands grew sharp claws. His face started to distort and became reptilian with red eyes, a wide mouth and dozens of razor-sharp teeth. He is not a Goblin, but a shapeshifter, and Julian knew they now MUST fight him.

Shapeshifter's fighting ability

Skill: 10
Stamina: 10

The creature stretched out its giant hand to grab Sam but she avoided it by retreating slightly. Readying her Bow as she did. What she wasn’t prepared for was the flick of the creature’s tail sending Julian hurtling through the air into her, knocking her over. “Ugh, get off me,” she told him, pushing him to the side.
“Ouch,” he whimpered slightly. “But thanks for the soft landing.” He was spritely, being a dwarf, and moved rather quickly. Which was good for him since Sam couldn’t reach him in time to thump him. He ran up to it and started running circles round its feet while Sam pulled an arrow from her quiver, but it was much quicker than expected. It sent Julian flying again, and backhanded Sam’s entire body. Though not a third time. She stood quickly and aimed. Firing her arrow, it lodged itself in the side of its neck. The creature roared. Not just from the arrow, but from Julian whacking away at his right leg with his hammer, clambering upward.
“Good work, Julian.” Sam notched another arrow and yelled at the creature. “Oi, Ugly!” It faced her briefly, which was long enough to release another arrow. The arrow went to the back of its throat, even though she was aiming between its eyes. It started to choke and gasp for air, before … GONE. The next thing Sam saw was Julian slumped on the “Goblin’s” log exhausted after the long battle. Sadly, the black rod was just part of the Shapeshifter’s illusion and it exists no more.
“Where did that thing go?”, Sam called out, making her way over slowly.
Julian shrugged. “I don’t know. One minute I was hanging from the back of his leg, the next I’m here. I’ve always thought this forest was weird.”
“Tell me about it.” Just behind the log, Sam noticed some violet mushrooms growing. “What do you think they are? They look tasty.”
Julian turned to have a look. “I don’t know, I wouldn’t risk it. I think we should just continue north.”
“I have an anti-poison potion, just in case.” Picking some and popping them in her mouth, she started to chew. On eating them, she felt great turmoil inside her body. She thought she might be turning into a shapeshifter, but at last, the turmoil died down and she had not become one.
It suddenly occurred to Julian what they were, as he stared at them. “I believe these are Mix-Up Mushrooms.” He was right. Sam’s skill and luck scores switched. Feeling a little odd, they set off north again, though it’s not long before they reach another junction.

Samantha
Skill: 11
Stamina: 21
Luck: 8

Julian
Skill: 9
Stamina: 19

Should you head north or east?
You can make different decisions. Discuss it in chat if you want to.

  • Head North
  • Head East

0 voters



Desiree and Roxanne (@amberose and @SilverStar)

Both standing there, at the junction, as they stared down each direction in silence. Roxanne repeated, “West or East?”
Desiree put a hand on her chest and took a deep breath. “What do you think, Rox, should we split? Take a path each to cover more ground?”
“Yeah, Dee, we should split up.” she nodded. A little excited at the thought of being on her own.
Unlike Desiree, however, who was partially hoping that Roxanne would disagree with her idea, but also knew deep down that she wouldn’t. “Do you have a preference on which way?”
“Either way is fine. Maybe east? I don’t know.”
“Okay, you’ll go East and I’ll go West?!”
“Sure.” Then they wished each other luck and headed in their separate directions.


Desiree

Going west along the rather plain and uninteresting path, it soon brought Desiree to another junction. Though this decision is easier than the last; ignoring the southern path and heading north. That’s what the map said, which she wished she had a hold of right now.
The path leads ever northwards, but at last the trees are beginning to thin out and appear less menacing as daylight streams through between them. On the right side of the path, an old oak chair covered with moss can be seen. It doesn’t look that inviting, but Desiree still went in for a closer look. Nothing out of the ordinary, she thought. But I don’t know what would happen if I sit. No, I don’t think I’ll be sitting on that chair. It just seems so random for a chair to be there, it must be a trap. Besides, the quest is more important than sitting down right now. With that, she continued north.
The path eventually emerged from the trees on to a vast plain. Beyond, Desiree saw rising ground leading to the low hills. The waist-high grasses on either side of the path swayed gently in the warm breeze. All is peaceful and the dangers up ahead seem unimportant. She was enjoying her walk when suddenly the silence is broken by the sound of squealing and grunting to the right of the path. She saw a path being made through the grass by an unseen beast, which moved quickly toward her. A few yards ahead, she saw a large pig-like creature burst out onto the path and halt there. It had two long tusks protruding from a short stubby snout. Steam rose into the air from its sweaty body and its small eyes look at her before it put its head down to charge. Desiree readied her weapon to fight the wild boar.

Wild Boar's fighting ability

Skill: 6
Stamina: 5

Aim for the knees, she told herself. She swung for flail and smacked it into the boar’s front knee, causing it to buckle slightly. In the quickest moment, Desiree swung her flail back again, connecting with its rump and sending it flying a couple of metres. She raced over to where it was starting to stand up, and threw the spikes down into its head, killing the boar.
In the distance, she heard the sound of barking dogs. Perhaps it was being hunted, and being trapped, made its last stand against her. Through the nose of the boar, she saw a large gold ring. She decided to take it; slipping it into her backpack. It’s worth 10 Gold Pieces, plus one luck point. Desiree briefly thought about taking the boar for meat, but how would she carry such a big beast. Wishing that the others were here to help, she continued north. It isn’t long before she arrived at another junction. This one with three paths.

Desiree
Skill: 9 (+1 for attack with helmet)
Stamina: 19
Luck: 12 (+1)

Shall you continue north, go west, or go east?
Tell me in chat, please?!


Roxanne

She headed East. The path continued east for some distance and then turned sharply north, narrowing slightly. The trees seemed to crowd in on the path even more than usual and the tingling down Roxanne’s spine told her that something was not right. She flicked her long, brunette braid back, off her shoulder, and held her sword steady in front of her. Suddenly a branch from one of the trees to her right whipped her, knocking her to the ground. (-1 Stamina point). She staggered to her feet to see that the tree had moved on to her path, blocking her way. The tree is quite old, with thick, cracked bark. Roxanne can just make out its hidden eyes and mouth in the middle of the trunk and remembered hearing about the Treeman, which she had been attacked by. She tried to aim her sword for its face but wasn’t able to run straight there, to get a clear shot, as it lumbered slowly toward her on large splayed roots.

Treeman's fighting ability

Skill: 8
Stamina: 16

The Treeman lashed out at her with two of its main branches, and she leapt out of way and at its sunken face. Roxanne left a gash in the trunk, but couldn’t remove her sword fast enough before being flung to the side by a massive branch. Wasting no time, she got up and swung her sword at the next branch that came at her, slicing it cleanly off. Then yet another branch came from behind, but she turned just in time to slice that one off too. Unfortunately, the share force of it knocked her down her on the dirt path, and another branch followed, hitting her arm and knocking her sword out of her hand. She dodged the next one, scrambling over roots to regain her sword, then ran over to plunge your sword into the trunk once again. The Treeman went still.

Roxanne wiped the thick, green sap from your sword and set off north again. Clambering over the dead Treeman’s roots, she was relieved to see that the trees were at last beginning to thin out and had become less threatening. Daylight had started to appear through the trees on either side of the path as the forest thins out more. The path soon leads out of the trees, on to a large plain with tall grasses. She saw rising ground that led to the low hills, but only metres away was another junction.

Roxanne
Skill: 8
Stamina: 11

Shall you continue north, or go east?
Tell me in chat, please?!

5 Likes

East

The four of them stood in front of the large cave entrance, wondering once again what they should do. The difference this time is that that’d learnt from the last. Instead of discussing it amongst each other, all three girls turned to Aelric to see his opinion first. He looked back at them, nodded, and said, “I think I’ll go take a look, but it’s up to the three of you if you want to join me.”
“We have to find the pieces of the hammer, so it’s only logical that we search everywhere,” Faye stated, with both Elsie and Ailbe agreeing.
The four carefully entered the cave and saw the huge shape of an Ogre walking slowly over to a wicker cage with a bowl of water in his great hands. He was dressed in animal furs and carried a stone club in his belt. There appeared to be an animal or creature jumping around inside the cage. Faye and Ailbe’s eyes darted around the cave, seeing a number of things they could look into if the Ogre weren’t here. While they wanted to go over and check out the caged creature.
Elsie looked at the others after they had all hid out of the Orge’s sight. “What do we do? We need to come up with a plan.”
“Obviously we need to take care of the Ogre first before doing anything else. Working as a team worked well the last two times, so I don’t see why it won’t again,” answered Ailbe.
Aelric nodded. “That’s true about the past two times. So I’ll take the ogre head on while Faye and Elsie both flank me. Ailbe, you sneak around and grab the cage. I’ve been wanting a pet for a while.” Then, before Ailbe could even open her mouth to protest, Aelric had said “Let’s go!” and began running at the ogre with his glaive out in front.

Ogre's fighting ability

Skill: 8
Stamina: 12

As Aelric ran, he didn’t leap or go up, he went down this time. Slashing his sword as he slid, ducked, and crawled between the Ogre’s legs. The Ogre hadn’t enough time to attack him since Elsie and Faye noticed Aelric had started and then followed ten seconds later. They each ran past him on either side, slicing the Ogre’s arms. As frustrated as Ailbe was with “the plan”, she started to follow it anyway. She attempted to sneak round the cave to the cage, which wasn’t difficult for her since she was skilled in espionage. Unfortunately for her, the Ogre was directly beside the cage and completely aware of his surroundings. He lifted his large stone club from his belt, grunted, and swung it at Ailbe, flinging her off to the side. Aelric watched this and needed to draw his attention away from Ailbe. The Ogre’s size did inhibit his speed, however, he still swung his club at Aelric. Fortunately, he was faster and slashed between the ogre’s legs, making him howl in pain. The Ogre doubled over and threw his hands in every which way to catch him.
He missed Aelric by a hair, as he circled round and slid his blade across both joints. The Ogre fell to his bloodied knees, howling, crying, and yelping in pain. A surge of anger ran through the Ogre and he lunged at Ailbe in a last attempt, but Faye foiled this plan. She struck him from behind with both her blades, sending him crashing forwards, killing him.
Ailbe slowly got up and dusted herself off. She stood there surveying the scene. There was the creature in the cage jumping around even more frantically than before. As for the rest of the room, there wasn’t much of interest to be found in the cave. A straw bed, stone jars, and a table and chair are all that is immediately visible, but on a stone shelf above the bed, a small silver box caught her eyes, as well as Faye’s. As Aelric and Elsie were by the creature now, who was making even more racket, Faye walked over and collected the box. She gently prised open the box, but as she did, a yellow gas escaped and enveloped her face. The gas was toxic and Faye’s eyes started to water. She coughed and held her breath while running around the cave trying to escape the gas cloud which had enveloped her. Damn you, Roxanne! If only I had kept those nose filters instead, she thought while trying to breathe. Faye’s lungs felt like they are bursting and she was forced to inhale. Opening the box had come with consequences (-2 skill and -1 stamina). When the gas cloud faded, Faye felt weaker, but still decided to put the silver box in her backpack before sitting down on the bed. Elsie watched as Aelric tapped on the creature’s cage and said, “Hey, little guy, want to come along on this quest with me? I’ll look after you.” Inside the cage, a small, sinewy creature with brown, scaly skin was jumping up and down - he was a Goblin. Round his neck hangs a black shiny rod on a leather cord. Ailbe rolled her eyes. Just as Aelric was about to open the cage, she walked over and ran her sword through the bars and into the goblin. “Hey, that was my pet. Why’d you do that?”
Ailbe shrugged. “You told me what to do, I killed your pet, now we’re even.” She left the cave. Aelric took one look at the dead goblin before chasing after her to argue, and Faye followed after them to make sure nothing irrational happened. Elsie was left standing next to the cage. She opened the cage, reaching over the lifeless body of the goblin and grabbed the rod around its neck. The rod was made of ebony and there was a screw thread at one end. She was excited to see the letter G neatly inscribed at the other end of what must be the handle of the dwarfish war hammer. She put the handle in your backpack and left the cave to tell the others. Once she had caught up to them along the path, she was so excited to tell them that she didn’t notice a rope noose hidden beneath some fallen leaves ahead, which caught her foot and hauled her into the air. The rope was tied to a sprung tree. In a second, Elsie was hanging upside-down, suspended by her trapped foot.

Aelric
Skill: 12 (+1 skill - temporary)
Stamina: 20

Ailbe
Skill: 7
Stamina: 16

Elsie
Skill: 11
Stamina: 21

Faye
Skill: 10
Stamina: 22

How is Elsie going to get out of the trap?
Please discuss this in chat.



Samantha and Julian (@Miumi.hp and @amaiaxx21)

When they reached the next junction, Julian shifted his backpack, about to take it off. “Let’s take a look at the map before deciding which way to go.”
Sam shook her head. “We don’t need to do that, all we need to do is remember to head north. So that’s the way we should go.” He nodded and shouldered his pack again.
The path continued to lead northwards. At last the trees began to thin out and no longer looked that creepy as daylight streamed through between them. To the right of the path, an old oak chair covered with moss could be seen. Sam slipped off her backpack and it fell to the ground as she stared at the chair. “I’m curious, I think I will sit on the chair since you have the potion of plant control, just in case.”
Julian looked between the chair and Sam, then shrugged. “Fine by me, but don’t you think it’s super weird to have a random chair in the middle of a forest? 'Cause it seems like a trap to me.”
“Maybe, but I’m way too curious about it…” She’d already walked to the chair. She sat down upon it and despite it being made of hard oak, the chair was surprisingly comfortable. She started to relax, but instead of feeling stronger she started feeling weaker. Sam realised it was a Chair of Life Draining (-4 Stamina). She managed to climb slowly out of the chair.
“Are you okay?”, Julian asked.
“No, but we should keep going anyway.” She staggered north at a much slower pace, with Julian following closely behind, watching her like a hawk.
The northern path eventually emerged from the trees on to a vast plain, where they saw rising ground leading to the low hills. On either side of the path, there was waist-high grasses that swayed calmly in the warm breeze. Relaxing, except for the carcass of a large boar laying just a few metres away. Sam, who still felt light-headed, sat down on a nearby log, while Julian went to take a closer look at the dead animal.

Samantha
Skill: 11
Stamina: 17
Luck: 8

Julian
Skill: 9
Stamina: 19


Desiree @amberose

North, north, north, Desiree kept telling herself as she walked northward. As she walked further northwards across the plain, the grass gradually became shorter and the ground started to rise gently. Ahead she heard the roar of crashing water and soon reached the bank of a wide river split on two levels. To the right, the water was calm and slow-moving but in front of her, it tumbled noisily down a great waterfall to a gorge where the river narrowed and ran quickly west over rock and boulders. Steps led down by the side of the waterfall to the bottom of the gorge, although it was difficult for her to see where the stairs ended because of the spray which was thrown up. Across the river, she saw the path heading north into the distance. To her right, where the river was calm, was a small wooden boat tied to a post.
Thinking for a few minutes, Desiree descended the slippery stone steps. She was halfway down when she froze, the boar was still on her mind. Turning around and almost slipping, she made her way back up and through the long grass to the junction. Gripping her flail as she didn’t know if those hunters had found the beast, she headed south again to the boar.

Desiree
Skill: 9 (+1 for attack with helmet)
Stamina: 19
Luck: 12 (+1)


Samantha, Julian, and Desiree

Desiree lowered her weapon and fastened it back to her side when she saw the two figures next to the boar. “Sam, Julian, are you okay?”
“Dee, it’s you. We’re okay, but where is Roxanne?”, Julian asked.
“We split up. She went east at the junction back there, and I, this way.” she points in the direction of the forest from which Julian and Sam had just come.
Sam followed her finger then looked back at Desiree. “The new helmet suits you, by the way, and I believe that you’re the one who killed this animal?”
Desiree nodded. “I thought it’d be great meal but it was far too large for just me to cart.”
Sam carefully got to her feet. “Well, Julian, why don’t you lead the way since you have the map, and Desiree, you take the front of the boar, I’ll the rear.” They did so and walk quietly north until they arrived at the junction, which split into three paths.

Shall you continue north, go west, or go east?
You can make different decisions. Discuss it in chat if you want to.

  • Continue North
  • Go West
  • Go East

0 voters



Roxanne @SilverStar

The path didn’t change much and soon she reached a four-way junction. South led back into the forest so she discounted that option. However, she did think about the other two paths much before deciding to continue east. But it isn’t long before the eastern path ends and she must head north.
As Roxanne walked along the path through the waist-high grasses, she watched as the grass rippled in the wind. Though soon she got an uncomfortable feeling that the grass had a will of its own and was moving independently of the wind. A clump of grass suddenly stretched out across the path and wrapped itself around her ankle. Other clumps of grass tried to grab her arms and legs. Roxanne realised that she was surrounded by Tangleweed. So, despite her struggles, the Tangleweed managed to grab her limbs and drag her to the ground. She saw as the grass began to curl itself around her neck and tightened its grip. She choked and tried to cough. But then Roxanne realised that the Tangleweed is not trying to strangle her, it is trying to make as much contact as it can with her exposed flesh so that it can suck her blood! With horror, she saw hundreds of tiny blood-ringed punctures on her arms and legs. Finally, the weed, having drunk enough, released its grip (-3 Stamina). She rose to her feet and stood shakily, rubbing her wounds. “Stupid grass,” she said irritatedly, kicking at it and then started north again.
As the path proceeded northwards, the grass became shorter and the ground started to rise gently. Ahead Roxanne heard the sound of flowing water and soon reached the bank of a gently flowing river. There is no bridge but she saw that the path continued north on the other side of the river. Standing in front of her is a magnificent white beast, a half-man, half-horse. A bow and quiver of arrows are slung behind his back. He is a Centaur.

** Roxanne**
Skill: 8
Stamina: 8

What will you do?

  • Start a conversation with him
  • Draw your sword and attack him
  • Walk around him and wade into the river

0 voters

5 Likes

East

As Elsie was hoisted upside down by the rope around her ankle. As she was pulled up into the trees above, she shrieked rather loudly, causing Faye to cover her ears. “Gees, be quiet. That was loud enough to wake the dead and I don’t want to fight that Ogre again.”
She was hanging above there heads but managed to look down at Faye. “I was taken by surprise, okay?!” Elsie tried to wiggle herself out but to no avail, then reached for the handle of her blade and unsheathed it. She swung it at the rope that held her.
After that scream, Faye had no interest in helping someone who could be that noisy. Instead, she kept watch, just in case the persons who had set the trap came back. Ailbe and Aelric scrambled around on the ground, preparing to catch her. Aelric was also looking around for where the rope was tied to see if he could help. Luckily, Elsie’s sword connected with the rope on the second swing and snapped it. Quickly she fell and Ailbe and Aelric managed to catch her, and thankfully she stretched out her sword arm so she didn’t slice through either of them. Their legs started to buckle as the sudden weight hit their arm, but they both steadied themselves.
“Thank you,” Elsie told them as she stood, removed the loop around her ankle, and dusted herself off. “Right, let’s keep going.”
“No,” Aelric answered and gripped his weapon. “Let’s wait to find out who set this trap.”
Faye looked at him. “I agree with Elsie, we don’t need to wait around for a fight, let’s move on.”
Ailbe nodded. “As much as I want to find out who did this, we do have a mission to complete.”
“FINE! Go on then.” Aelric waited for the girls to continue on, and he stuck around there slightly longer before following, just in case the trap-setters were close by.

The group continued walking north. That is until they all noticed a knotted vine hanging down to the ground from a tree to the left. In the tree was a roughly made treehouse amid the branches.

Aelric
Skill: 12 (+1 skill - temporary)
Stamina: 20

Ailbe
Skill: 7
Stamina: 16

Elsie
Skill: 11
Stamina: 21
Luck: 10

Faye
Skill: 10
Stamina: 22

Climb the vine, continue north, or something else?
Please discuss this in chat.



Samantha, Julian, and Desiree (@Miumi.hp, @amaiaxx21 and @amberose)

They all looked at the three paths. Desiree gestured with her head, “North heads to a large waterfall that we’ll need to cross to continue. We could go East, try to find the others, but they could have changed direction and be anywhere. I think either is fine, just not to go west.”
“I think we should go North, cross the waterfall to continue North. But I also don’t mind going East, though West is completely new territory too,” Sam suggested.
“Well, I’m happy to keep going north.” There was a pause. “Umm… So have we actually decided north, east or west?”
Sam nodded but was interrupted by Julian before she could speak. “I say let’s go north.” The girls both agreed and they continued northward, toward the sound of the waterfall.

The reached the bank of the wide river that split was on two levels. Julian and Sam saw the water was calm and slow-moving to their right. Then saw the gorge where the river narrowed and ran quickly west over rock and boulders. They all made a silent decision to take the steps that led down the side of the waterfall to the bottom of the gorge. They descended the slippery stone steps to the bottom of the waterfall. Julian looked back up to see a magnificent rainbow reflected in the spray. However, it was dark in the gorge and impossible to see through the wall of water where the steps ended. Carefully walking along the steps and behind the waterfall, into a large cavern where there’s a pool of still water. The steps run round the side of the pool and there’s a stone table and chair on the far side. Julian went to the table and saw fish scraps lying on it. Suddenly there was a noise of splashing behind him. Sam and Desiree dropped the carcass. A strange creature climbed out of the pool and advanced toward the girls armed with a trident. His legs were like a man’s but his face and torso resembled a large green fish with bulbous eyes. His arms were human but covered with large scales. He is a Fish-man, and you’re unable to escape and MUST fight him.

FISH-MAN
Skill: 7
Stamina: 6

Samantha
Skill: 11
Stamina: 17
Luck: 8

Julian
Skill: 9
Stamina: 19

Desiree
Skill: 9 (+1 for attack with helmet)
Stamina: 19
Luck: 12 (+1)

What’s your first move?
Please discuss this in chat.



Roxanne @SilverStar

Roxanne waved at the Centaur and bid him a good day, to which he replies, “Good day to you too.”
She found it was pleasing to meet somebody who was not attacking her on sight and asked, “Do you have any information on two goblins, or maybe where I find the missing Warhammer of Stonebridge?”
He doesn’t know anything. “I do not wander much these days as I’m getting old. I just want to own a little gold in my old age. For three gold I can carry you across this river.”
Roxanne thought a moment and searched her pack for the nose filters. She extended her arm out to him with the filters centred in her palm. “I bought these from Yaztromo for three gold.” He had heard of the wizard, and nodded, making his way over and took the filters. She climbed onto his back and he walked across the river. The water was a dark green colour and she wondered what kind of creatures might lurk in its depths. Soon they reached the other side, she thanked him and said goodbye.
She was now at the foot of some hills…

** Roxanne**
Skill: 8
Stamina: 8

Okay, sorry, I’m going to leave it here and have the others catch up so you don’t get too far ahead. :wink:

6 Likes

East @jdepisode, @brinn, @Kate_Potter, & @EpisodeLover_13

“I say we climb this vine and find out what’s at the top,” Elsie suggested to the rest of the group.
“Yes, I agree.” Ailbe nodded. “Maybe from there, we can look out for whoever set the trap, or attack them if they’re up there.”
"The point is to investigate the possible places where the other goblin could be,” Faye added. The all looked at Aelric, expecting that he’d already have started up the vine. But he hadn’t even moved. “I will stay down at the bottom and keep watch. Make sure nothing can escape,” he told them.
Faye shrugged. “Suit yourself.” She made her way to the vine and began climbing, and Ailbe followed.
Elsie smiled. “Not a bad idea.” She followed Faye up too.

Ape-man
Skill: 8
Stamina: 7

When Faye and Ailbe stood on the platform, they didn’t see an Apeman standing in the door frame of the treehouse. The Apeman leapt at the two, who didn’t see him until it was too late, and he roared. The creature looked even larger and hairier closer up, and they saw he wore an animal hide loincloth and held a large bone in his right hand. Faye took the brunt of the attack, and Elsie was lucky enough to roll onto the platform, off the rope, slicing the creature as she did. It roared again.
Aelric, who was watching from below, looked around him for a reasonable-sized rock. He picked up a sharp one and aimed, throwing it before the Apeman had a chance to attack again. It connected with his head causing him to stumble backward. What impeccable aim I have, he thought. Those girls clearly need to give me more credit! Ailbe watched him stumble and ran at him with her sword, plunging it into his chest and pinning him to the wall. then pulling out her sword, he crumpled to the ground.
Faye stood up, dusted herself off, and walked to the door of the treehouse. Faye stepped over the body of the Apeman, not before making sure he’s dead, and entered his living room. Animal bones and rotting fruit littered the floor. The Apeman’s bed was made of moss and lichen and seemed to be crawling with bugs. There was a copper bracelet on the floor near Faye’s foot. She bent down and picked up the bracelet, then twisted it into place on her wrist. A powerful feeling surged through her arm and made her jump. Her arm felt strong. Faye now possesses the Bracelet of Skill (Which adds +1 to your skill).

The three girls climbed back down the vine and stood with Aelric again, saying nothing about his skilful shot. The group all continue north. Soon the path led out of the trees on to a large plain with tall grasses. Beyond it, you see the rising ground and, further off, some low hills. Each halting when the path split into three directions; west, east, and north.

Aelric
Skill: 12
Stamina: 20

Ailbe
Skill: 7
Stamina: 15

Elsie
Skill: 11
Stamina: 21
Luck: 10

Faye
Skill: 10 (+1 skill)
Stamina: 20

West, east, and north?
Please discuss this in chat WITHIN THE NEXT DAY, please!



Samantha, Julian, and Desiree (@Miumi.hp, @amaiaxx21 and @amberose)

FISH-MAN
Skill: 7
Stamina: 6

The Fishman started slowly gaining on the girls, which Julian realised he could use to his advantage. He quietly snuck back round the pool of water and the Fishman kept advancing. He was focusing on Desire, which was good because it left enough time for Sam to ready an arrow in her bow. She fired her arrow, sending it straight into his chest. However, it made him stumble forward toward Desiree rather than backwards. Desiree decided that the best thing to with a fish was to punch it on the nose to disorientate it, which is exactly what she did. She sent the Fishman flying backwards into Julian’s hammer, which he’d raised for this purpose, to swing at him. Straight into his head. The Fishman fell forward onto the ground, dead. They’d all pulled together to initiate and fulfil this successful plan. They were becoming a well-oiled machine.
Sam started to pat the creature down, “He might have something useful on him.”
“He came out of that pool,” Julian told her, gesturing to the pool. "You really think he’ll have anything on him.
She sighed, then Desiree chimed in before she could snap back at him, “There could be something around the cave though.”
He spread his arms out questioningly and turned slightly in both directions. “Where? Unless you want some basic furniture and some fish bones. Let’s just keep going.” He swung his hammer and walked around the pool. Sam and Desiree begrudgingly picked the boar back up and followed him.
They walked around the pool to the north side. Steps led back up past the waterfall and up to the top. The group took them slowly and were then at the foot of some hills…

Samantha
Skill: 11
Stamina: 17
Luck: 8

Julian
Skill: 9
Stamina: 19

Desiree
Skill: 9 (+1 for attack with helmet)
Stamina: 19
Luck: 12 (+1)

Okay, sorry, I’m going to leave it here and have the others catch up so you don’t get too far ahead. :wink:

6 Likes

East @jdepisode, @brinn, @EpisodeLover_13, and @YassineCool

Elsie got out her map and pointed to where they should be on there. “It looks like we should head north from here,” she told the others.
Faye started walking off ahead, “Let’s go north then.”
Aelric nodded. “Yeah, I say go north too.”
Ailbe looked in the northern direction. “Me too.” They all began heading north and their path cut through the grass, which was about waist height. Although their visibility was good, they felt uneasy about any creatures that may be stalking them on either side. Suddenly, the grass on Faye’s left moved and two wooden tubes appeared, pointing straight at the group. They were blowpipes belonging to two Pygmies who blew into them, sending two darts each in the group’s direction.
Luckily, none of the darts hit any of the group. But Elsie lost her composure. How dare they sneak up on us and ruin a perfectly good plan, she thought. Rage clouding her judgement as she drew her sword, about to chase after them. No one stopped her. Instead, they all drew their blades and chased after them.

PYGMY 1
Skill: 5
Stamina: 5

PYGMY 2
Skill: 5
Stamina: 6

Elsie quickly caught up with the two brown-skinned Pygmies. They wore grass skirts and as they stopped and turned to face the group, Elsie noticed that they each had a bone through their nose. The Pygmies drew their daggers and the first attacked her. She aimed her blade at his head but he was too fast and she only managed to whack him in the back with the flat of her sword, causing him to tumble. Ailbe was right behind Elsie and went in for the attack. However, she was unaware of the second Pygmie charging her, running circles around her feet and causing her to topple over. But before her head hit the ground, her blade cut the second Pygmie. Aelric was on top of him before he could retaliate. Hitting the ground that hard, left the second Pygmie dazed, which was enough time for Aelric to plunge his blade into him. Seeing a small leather bag around the dead Pygmie’s neck, he ripped it off. It had three Gold Pieces inside.
Faye joined Elsie with the first Pygmie and they sliced and stabbed their blades at him as he circled them. Elsie got the final blow and the Pygmie stopped. She bent over and pulled off the leather bag that around this dead Pygmie’s neck. It also had three Gold Pieces inside.
Aelric got up and walked back to Ailbe, offering her his hand. “You okay?”
Ailbe sighed and didn’t accept his hand, instead pulling herself up and back to her feet. “Fine. Just sick of being the target to the creatures we face.”
“Maybe you just need to be more aware of your surroundings.” He began north, tossing the leather bag in the air.
“Oh, be quiet,” Ailbe demanded. We all know your skills are no match for mine. The girls followed him north.
As the path proceeded northwards, the grass became shorter and the ground started to rise gently. Ahead of the group, the sound of flowing water. The four of them quicken their pace and soon reach the bank of the gently flowing river. Faye saw a path leading to a rickety old bridge. The only other way she saw to cross the river was to swim, holding their backpacks above their heads to keep them dry.

Aelric
Skill: 12
Stamina: 20
Luck: 10

Ailbe
Skill: 7
Stamina: 12
Luck: 9

Elsie
Skill: 11
Stamina: 21
Luck: 9

Faye
Skill: 10 (+1 skill)
Stamina: 20
Luck: 11

Take the bridge or wade into the river?
Please discuss this in chat WITHIN THE NEXT DAY!

ORP: @SilverStar, @Miumi.hp, @amaiaxx21 and @amberose, I’ll add you back into the next part! :wink:

7 Likes

East @jdepisode, @EpisodeLover_13, @YassineCool, and @Tellyg47

Each of them simultaneously took off their packs, carefully holding them above their heads. This time, Faye lead the way. She slipped into the water and started making her way across, with Ailbe following closely behind. Elsie was next and Aelric was at the back. When the group reached the middle, their legs felt vulnerable and Elsie half expected to be bitten at any moment by some unseen river creature. “Guys, uh, what are the chances of something attacking us right now?”, she asked warily.
“None if you keep going. It’s getting dark, let’s be quick and set up camp over on the bank,” Aelric encouraged.
But nothing did happen or attack them and they managed to cross safely. They were now at the foot of some hills; wet, and it was getting darker as night set in. They decided to camp behind some rocks to the left of the path, as Aelric had advised. Having yet another spit-roasted rabbit, thanks to Faye’s hunting, they settled down to sleep as the fire died down beneath the full moon.
They had barely shut their eyes when a terrifying howl woke them from their drowsiness. Ailbe, who was the most alert and awake, grabbed her blade and ran off to hide behind some rocks. To evaluate the situation and calculate the best attack.
“What was that? Wake up everyone and be very alert, as I think we’re about to have company,” Faye warned in a loud whisper.
“Yeah, uninvited guests are not going to be received kindly when I was trying to sleep,” Aelric retorted as he stoked the fire back into life and drew his glaive. With their backs to the rocks and the fire in front of them, they stood and waited with weapons ready. Soon they were aware that they were being watched and then saw three pairs of eyes ahead, glowing red by the light of the fire. Another howl pierced the night air, followed by deep growls. Slowly the three pairs of eyes advanced. Out of the shadows stepped three Wolves, ready to leap on them.

Wolves

FIRST WOLF
Skill: 7
Stamina: 7

SECOND WOLF
Skill: 8
Stamina: 7

THIRD WOLF
Skill: 7
Stamina: 9

The first wolf pounced on Faye and she barely had time to escape, causing her to back into Elsie’s blade slightly. Elsie moved before it caused any real damage, swinging it toward the second wolf and slicing off its ear. Aelric, however, waited for the third wolf to come to him. When it pounced, he struck, piercing its side. But one strike wasn’t enough for Aelric, he struck again. Before the first wolf could attack again, Faye swung her blade and left a hairline cut along its side. While Elsie had done the same to the second wolf. The third wolf, now badly injured, limped away, but Aelric was having none of it. His sleep had been disturbed and he was annoyed. Charging the wild animal who had attacked him, he stabbed, putting it out of its misery. Ailbe had now watched for long enough. Coming out of hiding, she and Faye thrust their blades at the first wolf, at the same as Elsie had just finished off the second. Ailbe then ran her blade across its throat, killing the first instantly.
The girls all collapsed onto the hard ground, panting, while Aelric hacked at the wolf. Supper before I sleep, he thought. Examining each of them, he found a gold-studded leather collar around the neck of the largest wolf. It must be worth 15 gold pieces, so he put the dog collar in his backpack.
Eventually, they all got to sleep, only to wake up before dawn. Although, the group didn’t decide to break camp until well after the sun has risen. Making their way up the steep winding path in the hot sun, they finally reach the top of the hill and saw the tight green circle of Darkwood forest. Too hot to speak, they started down the far side of the hill, but soon notice a wooden hut to the right of the path, with its door ajar.

Aelric
Skill: 12
Stamina: 20
Luck: 10

Ailbe
Skill: 7
Stamina: 12
Luck: 9

Elsie
Skill: 11
Stamina: 21
Luck: 9

Faye
Skill: 10 (+1 skill)
Stamina: 19
Luck: 11

Continue north or enter the hut?

  • Continue north
  • Enter the hut

0 voters



Samantha, Julian, and Desiree (@Miumi.hp, @amaiaxx21 and @amberose)

The group was at the foot of some hills and saw a path climbing up into their midst in the north. It is getting dark and night is setting in. “What do you think, should we get some rest?”, Julian asked, taking off his pack.
“Maybe we should roast this boar so that we don’t have to carry it tomorrow.” Desiree dumped the animal on the ground and groaned in exhaustion from climbing the stairs with it.
Sam did the same. “I was thinking just that.” Then she found some kindling, while Desiree and Julian collected some wood, and in no time at all, they had a roaring fire. They feasted on spit-roasted wild boar before covering themselves in their sheepskin blankets and drifting off to sleep behind some rocks to the right of the path.
They had only been asleep for about an hour when a deep growling noise should have woken them up immediately. There was a full moon in the sky and the light cast eerie shadows all around them. Hearing soft footsteps and sniffing, followed by another low growl. Samantha’s eyes opened wide in fear and shock. Her brain still quite foggy, she couldn’t get to grips with what she’d heard. Desiree took a second to adjust her eyes to the faint glow from their fire, blinking rapidly to try to wake herself properly. On the other hand, Julian was awake. He had pulled himself up into a sitting position, with his back resting against a rock. A shape that looked like a man stepped out of the shadows to Dee’s right. As he got closer Julian saw that his chest, arms, and face were covered with thick brown hair and long teeth protruded from his mouth. He was a Werewolf and Julian knew they had to fight this creature.

WEREWOLF
Skill: 8
Stamina: 9

Both Sam and Dee felt the creature’s breath on them. Both rolling onto their stomach, they scrambled forward, however, Sam couldn’t avoid being spiked on Dee’s flail, which was on the ground near her. Feeling what it was, she gripped its handle. Julian was worried about girls and run at the creature, jumping on it from behind. It howled again, flung him off and focused on Dee, who searched desperately for her flail. She could only find Sam’s bow and arrow, but a little too late as the creature struck her. Next to her, Sam swung the flail, which ended up spinning back and connecting with her. Julian had luckily landed on his blanket and was able to grab his hammer. Back on his feet, he ran at the creature again, bringing his hammer down onto its back. Sam tried again, causing Julian to jump back to avoid getting hit. She hit the werewolf in the side of his head, but Dee’s leg got more of a direct hit. She whelped in pain. A spike had penetrated her leg, fortunately not overly deep. Enraged, she gripped one of the arrows and stabbed the werewolf. Julian then finished it off with another hit from his hammer.
Sam threw down the weapon, exhausted. Julian took a deep breath and said, “I wish we could just have a good night’s-” He was cut off by Desiree’s uncontrollable shaking and trembling. Julian ran to her side. “Dee, are you okay?”
Desiree was unable to speak. Sam looked over at her and knelt on her other side. “Of course, she’s not, look at her. What is happening to her?”
“The werewolf, it has to be. Did she get scratched?”
They frantically searched for scratches as sweat poured from her body, although she felt very cold. She felt a burning sensation inside her body as she sunk into a raging fever. The werewolf had scratched her, damn it and she was about to change into a Werewolf herself! (-3 stamina)
After a number of agonising minutes, luck was on her side, the effects of the fever finally wore off and she gratefully fell asleep again, having a decent sleep. She can’t have been truly infected. Julian and Sam took it in turns to watch over her the rest of the night. In the morning, the three collected their belongings, patched themselves up, and headed north along the path to the hills.
The steep path works its way into the hills. It was midday once the group reached the top and the sun is quite hot. Darkwood forest was a dark green circle around them. Ahead, they saw a valley floor bathed in sunlight and silence. Two paths to decide on, to continue north or head east?

Samantha
Skill: 11
Stamina: 13
Luck: 8

Julian
Skill: 9
Stamina: 18

Desiree
Skill: 9 (+1 for attack with helmet)
Stamina: 11
Luck: 11 (+1)

Continue north down the hill or east along the new path?

  • Continue north
  • Or east

0 voters



Roxanne @SilverStar

Roxanne was now at the foot of some hills and it is beginning to get dark. Looking East, to see if anyone was around her. But the land was vast and it was getting so dark that it is hard to tell. She saw a path winding its way north, up into the hills. Deciding to make camp under a great Oak Tree to the right of the path, Roxanne drifted off to sleep with her sword by her side.
Asleep for a couple of hours, not even a terrifying howl from the West woke Roxanne that easily. Shifting over onto her back, she blinked and could make out a full moon between her lashes. Great, it’s that time of the month, she thought sarcastically. Only partially able to pay attention to the big black shape in the branches above her. A big black spider dropped down on top of her, three times her size, almost crushing her with its massive abdomen trying to hold itself up on its spiny legs.

Giant Spider
Skill: 7
Stamina: 8

Roxanne tried to reach for her sword and rolled to the left to avoid its chelicerae. Then she rolled to the right as the spider tried to pierce her again with its chelicerae, nearly rolling onto her sword. She gripped the handle and swung, slicing off one of its legs so she could get out from under it. Scrambling to her feet, she swung again, slicing through the opposite leg and watch as spider stumbled forward. Rosanne raced round it and thrust her sword into its abdomen, killing it. She exhaustedly stepped around the bulbous mass and grabbed her blanket and possessions to settle down again to a nervous sleep, but further away.
At first light, Roxanne woke and set off along the northern path again. The ground is quite steep now as the path wends its way up into the hills. By the time she reached the top the sun had reached mid temperature but was still quite hot. All around she saw the tight green circle of Darkwood Forest. Fog hung in the tall grasses behind her but ahead the morning was creeping across the valley floor. All is quiet. She started down the far side of the hill and saw another junction with two paths.

** Roxanne**
Skill: 8
Stamina: 7

Continue north down the hill or east along the new path?

  • North down the hill
  • East along the new path

0 voters

6 Likes

East @jdepisode, @EpisodeLover_13, @YassineCool, and @Tellyg47

Ailbe looked ahead at the hut, thinking for a moment before speaking, “I think we should head into the hut. We could probably find gold, maybe some weapons, or even the last part of the hammer. We really shouldn’t miss this chance.”
Elsie agreed, along with Aelric, who said with a shrug, “I was just about to say that as well.”
“Yes, we should take the chance to go inside the hut,” Faye added. “We might find some really useful things inside.”

After discussing it, they all walked toward the hut and carefully stepped through the door, blades drawn. They looked around. The hut consisted of one room containing a fireplace, a wooden bed, a table with two chairs, a washing bowl, a wooden chest, and shelves crammed end to end with birds’ eggs. There was a lot of dust on the floor and the room does not appear to have been lived in for months. The fireplace and chest seemed interesting, but Faye was not sure if she wanted to examine them or leave. Fighting with herself internally, finally, her curiosity won out and she walked toward the fireplace.
“I guess you’re checking that part out then,” Aelric asked rhetorically, though he followed behind to watch anyway, just in case he was needed.
Once over at the fireplace, she saw a fire-blackened copper kettle in the ashes, which she picked up to inspect it. Removing the lid, she found a gold ring with a large emerald set in it. It looked like it could be worth up to 15 gold pieces. Placing it on her finger, she felt very fortunate (+2 luck points).
Elsie walked over to the chest, wanting to check it out before anyone else could do so. She saw the iron lock on the chest was old and rusted and would not open. The only thing for it was smashing the whole chest. Instead, she bent down and tried to lift the chest but it is very heavy.
Struggling, she lifted the chest above her head and sent it crashing to the floor. It burst open and amidst the splintered wood lay a large, light blue egg nearly a metre round. “Odd,” Elsie commented. Putting her hand on the egg to steady it, she felt it was cold, hard, and like marble. Cracks suddenly appeared on the egg and before she could move, the egg exploded, sending fragments of razor-sharp shell flying through the air. Five splinters of shell stick in her (-5 stamina). She pulled them out quickly, and watched small drops of blood roll down her wounds.

Aelric
Skill: 12
Stamina: 20
Luck: 10

Ailbe
Skill: 7
Stamina: 12
Luck: 9

Elsie
Skill: 11
Stamina: 16
Luck: 9

Faye
Skill: 10 (+1 skill)
Stamina: 19
Luck: 11 (+2 from ring)

Easy question, who wants to lead the way north this time?
Discuss TOGETHER in chat!



Samantha, Julian, and Desiree @Miumi.hp, @amaiaxx21 and @amberose

Dee looked at the others, “I vote that we go north but I can be persuaded to change my mind if you have arguments to go east?”
Julian said nothing, but instead looked at Sam, who replied, “I vote to go north as well.” Then headed north down the hill as if that were the final decision. The others followed, down the path running through a narrow gorge between two hills. Feeling vulnerable, the group readied their weapons, expecting to be ambushed at any moment. Unfortunately, because they were concentrating on watching the sides of the gorge, they did not see a small patch of leaves and branches on the path ahead. Sam’s foot went through the thin covering of a bear trap, and she plunged four metres to the bottom of a rocky pit. To add to her misfortune, a wooden stake with a sharp tip, pointed out of the centre of the pit. Luckily for Sam, she managed to avoid hitting the stake but fell heavily to the floor (-2 stamina).
In a panic, Dee and Julian both knelt and leaned over the edge. Dee yelped, while Julian yelled down to Sam, “Are you hurt?”
Sam groaned as she stood up and dusted herself off. “I’m fine, nothing but a couple of bruises,” she called back up. Looking up, she realised that it was only about four metres deep, easy enough to get out. “You going to give me an arm up or not?” Julian stretched his arm down. “Not you, Julian, I need some length.”
Julian sat back in a huff, crossing his arms and mumbled, “No need to be rude.”
Desiree then tried stretching her arm down. “Not even I can reach you, Sam”
Sam groaned again and looked around her. The pit was circular with smooth sides, but she felt too weak from her fall to climb out. Although she doesn’t give up, she sat down and pondered her fate, thinking of a way to get out, while the others did the same.
After about half an hour you all heard a noise. Desiree and Julian stood up to see a bearded face of a stocky man wearing a fur hat. He looked annoyed. He was a fur trapper and his trap had been ruined. Julian asked, “Sir, our friend has fallen in your trap, care to help her, please?”
The Fur Trapper shouted back at him, “If you expect me to throw a rope down to her, it is going to cost you 3 Gold pieces. Failing that, I will take any magical item you have.” He smirked, knowing he had the upper hand.

Samantha
Skill: 11
Stamina: 11
Luck: 7

Julian
Skill: 9
Stamina: 18

Desiree
Skill: 9 (+1 for attack with helmet)
Stamina: 11
Luck: 11 (+1)

Give him the money, an item, or fight him?
Discuss in chat



Roxanne @Littlefeets

Roxanne looked at the paths but still made a split-second decision to go east. She wasn’t walking east for long before she was led to a large cave entrance. The path doesn’t seem to go any further east. But again, just like that, she went forward. Roxanne stepped into the dark cavern with her sword drawn. The air was cold and moist, but she pressed onward.
She heard loud snoring and as her eyes adjusted to the darkness she saw the large bulk of a Cave Troll asleep in a large stone chair. His skin was brown and wrinkled, and he was wearing animal hides. A wooden club lay on his lap and a large leather bag was hanging on the back of the stone chair.

Roxanne
Skill: 8
Stamina: 7

Creep up and take the bag or head back north?

  • Creep up and take the bag
  • Head back north

0 voters

7 Likes

East @jdepisode, @EpisodeLover_13, @Tellyg47, and @Littlefeets

Elsie was first out of the hut, telling them that they should keep going, as she walked down the hill path. Ailbe saw the valley floor stretching out ahead, and beyond that was the sinister wall of trees - Darkwood! On the other side of the trees lay Stonebridge, the journey’s end, if the group can find the head of the hammer. Faye and Ailbe almost slammed into Elsie as she came to an abrupt stop. Aelric was a few metres behind them, taking his time and being observant. They had reached the foot of the hills with many large boulders scattered around on either side of the path. Elsie was amazed, while Aelric drew his blade, as they had noticed one of the larger ones gently rocking from side to side like a leaf in the breeze.
Faye looked at Elsie, “Why did you-”
But Aelric interjected, “Ssh!” He put his free hand to his lips and motioned to the large rock. Elsie communicated with her eyes to Aelric, gesturing that they should split up and move closer. Ailbe nodded. Aelric pointed to Elsie and Ailbe to go round while he and Faye would stay here and go front on. So that’s what they did, each drawing their weapons as they crept over.
As Aelric and Faye approached the boulder slowly, but were surprised to see it suddenly rise up on what appeared to be two stumpy legs. Aelric cursed under his breath. Then two stone arms with club-shaped fists sprung out of its sides.

Boulder Beast

Skill: 8
Stamina: 11

Faye stared in disbelief as it lumbered toward them and raised one of its great stone fists. Snapping out of her bewilderment, she watched for a second as Aelric lunged at the beast, connecting his blade with the thing’s arm joints, then she went for the other side. Unfortunately, the beast had good reflexes and was quick to retaliate after Aelric’s attack. Her blades missed, but Faye didn’t. She ran into its boulder/torso and fell onto the ground. Sneaking up quietly from behind, Elsie and Ailbe decided to attack together, they struck the joints where his rocky thighs connected to his boulder. Letting out a grumbling noise, which was probably some kind of painful groan, the beast spun round. Opening its arms wide, it then brought them together just below Elsie and Ailbe’s ears, so that their heads crashed together. The beast then lifted them like that and spun them three hundred and sixty degrees, knocking Faye and Aelric over on the past. Then dropping them to the ground where he had lifted them from. The beast wasn’t the only one who was quick, Aelric was too. He was back on his feet before Elsie and Ailbe hit the ground again, and he stuck his blade into its neck joint, watching the beast crumble.

Aelric looked down at the broken rock pile around his feet. “I wonder how such a beast ever came into being,” he said coolly, and a little proud that he had taken it down.
Getting up from the ground and dusting herself off, Faye replied, “Perhaps from the misused power of an evil elementalist?”
“Maybe it was from that loner who conned us into buying all those items we haven’t used,” Aelric suggested.
Elsie and Ailbe helped each other up, rubbing their heads. “He was a wizard,” Ailbe told him. Annoyed by his ignorance, she rolled her eyes and sighed.
Elsie spoke up loudly, so they could hear her, “You’ll never know. Let’s just keep going.” She returned to the path and headed north down into the valley. Before following the girls, Aelric picked up one of the Beast’s stones, tossed it in the air, then caught and pocketed it.
Arriving at the valley floor, the group found that the path split again; North, East, and West?

Aelric
Skill: 12
Stamina: 17
Luck: 10

Ailbe
Skill: 7
Stamina: 9
Luck: 9

Elsie
Skill: 11
Stamina: 13
Luck: 9

Faye
Skill: 10 (+1 skill)
Stamina: 15
Luck: 11 (+2 from ring)

North, East, and West?
Discuss TOGETHER in chat!



Samantha, Julian, and Desiree @Miumi.hp, @amaiaxx21 and @amberose

“Three gold pieces for rope?!” Sam yelled in outrage from the hole. “No thanks, I’d rather drink my strength potion and climb out of this hole myself to give you a piece of my mind, than give anything to you.”

Fur Trapper
Skill: 7
Stamina: 6

Angered by the Fur Trapper’s request, Julian raised his hammer in one hand and swung it at him. It past the trapper, his hammer swinging round to the other side of his body. Julian swung it back again. This time angrier, faster, and higher, trying to aim for his head. Unfortunately, the trapper ducked, swiping with his own wooden mallet. He knocked Julian’s feet out from under him and caused him to land on his backside.
Desiree tentatively held her flail and started swinging the chains in circles in front of her. The whooshing sound started getting louder the faster she spun them. When they were so fast that they had merged into one complete circle, she lunged at the trapper, sending the circle spinning toward his hand. Dropping his mallet to clasp his newly bleeding hand, was enough time for Julian, still on the ground, to hook a foot around the trapper’s ankle. He fell backwards and hit his head on one of the rocks. Now, unconscious.
Desiree dropped her flail, letting it hang at her side, as she walked over to Julian and offered him a hand. “Nicely done.”
Julian took her hand and pushed himself off the ground. “Thanks, Dee, but you should be complimenting yourself, did you see that move you disarmed him with?” Once up he walked over to the passed out trapper and took the rope from over his shoulder.
Desiree only shrugged, trying hard to cover up how embarrassed she felt from his praise.
“Hey, you two, I’m still down here, you know?!”, Sam yelled up to them.
“Okay, I’m coming now,” Julian called back.

When both Julian and Desiree had pulled Sam out of the hole, the started north down the hill again. With Julian leading the way since he felt the least exhausted out of the group. They hadn’t walked for too long before seeing the handle of a sword sticking out from a large rock by the side of the path. They all took a moment and just stared at it, unsure of what to make of it.
Desiree stepped toward it and rubbed her hands together, “Okay, I will take a crack at this if no one else will.” She was still a little unsure, but when neither of them fought her on it, she took hold of the sword handle and placed her foot against the rock. The sword slowly slid out of the rock. It is magnificent and was obviously made by a master craftsman. (+2 skill when using the sword)
Julian’s mouth hung open and Sam snapped at him, “Close your mouth and stop catching flies, Julian.”
He ignored her remark and continued to admire the sword. “That’s a beautiful blade, Dee. Well done.”
“It is,” Desiree agreed. It felt powerful in her hand… And very heavy. “Not sure if I know how to use it.”
“You’ll be fine. Practice makes perfect,” assured Julian. Cutting her new weapon through the air, she made sure her flail was secured to her belt and realised she’d have to carry the heavy blade, as they set off north down the gorge.

Between the hills, the three finally saw the flat green valley floor stretching out ahead and, beyond, a wall of trees - Darkwood forest! Arriving on the valley’s floor; the path ended at a junction. At the junction, Desiree scrunched up her face. “Another junction, another decision.” She sighed. “I don’t even know what to pick. East? Or West? Julian, I choose you and the map, I’ll just go with what you think.”
“The pressure you’ve just put on me,” Julian told her as took off his backpack to look at the map. “I have no idea, I’d say East but just because… I like it? … So if you have a better argument then I’m open to it…”
Sam nodded in agreement. “I like that idea. We might bump into the others.”
Taking a minute to think about it, Desiree finally nodded. “I like the thought of reuniting with the others.” She was only thinking of reuniting with one in particular.
Heading east and walking along the green valley floor, brought them to another junction in the path; North or East?

Samantha
Skill: 11
Stamina: 11
Luck: 7

Julian
Skill: 9
Stamina: 15

Desiree
Skill: 9 (+1 for attack with helmet) (+2 skill when using the sword)
Stamina: 11
Luck: 10 (+1)

North or East?
Discuss in chat



Roxanne @Littlefeets

Roxanne crept around the large stone chair with the sleeping cave troll in it and reached for the leather bag, carefully lifting it off the back of the chair. Her curiosity had got the better of her again. Luckily, she lifted the leather bag off the back of the stone chair and tiptoed out of the cave. Outside she stopped to examine the contents of the bag, finding 5 Gold Pieces and a small brass bell. Roxanne stuffed them in her backpack and returned to the junction to take the northern path this time.
Roxanne grew a little tired in the heat as she walked downhill. Eventually, the path levelled out and she found herself on the valley floor, looking at the path continue north but another split off and go west. She took the western path.
Walking west along the tranquil valley floor, she arrived at another junction. She saw that one way headed south, back into the hills, and she decided to dismiss that path. Again, Roxanne made the quick decision to continue heading west. To the right of the path, she saw a stone well with a bucket and turning handle.

Roxanne
Skill: 8
Stamina: 7
Luck: 9

Do you to take a closer look at the well or continue?
Tell me in chat

7 Likes

East @jdepisode, @EpisodeLover_13, @Tellyg47, and @Littlefeets

Faye glanced down every path, before turning to the others and saying, “I’m thinking we should continue to head North. What do you guys think?”
Elsie didn’t feel too confident in countering Faye’s statement but knew she should speak up. “I was thinking we could try heading east. I’m not actually sure why, but I’m just thinking east.” Then she quickly added, as not to get on Faye’s bad side, “Although, I’m good with a different direction instead. Maybe north.”
Ailbe agreed after taking a moment to think. “I’m thinking east as well.”
Without adding to the conversation, Aelric simply started heading east, then turned to wait for them to take the lead from him. “Let’s just all agree to head east.”
Elsie was leading them along the quiet valley floor, when the path came to an end at a junction. The way south headed back into the hills so they all decided north was the better option. The valley floor was green and pleasant and Ailbe thought about how tranquil this place should be, yet home to so many loathsome creatures. Continuing to follow the path, Aelric saw in the distance the portly shape of a balding man dressed in long brown robes head this way. As he got closer, Aelric saw he was a friar. Taking the lead, he walked closer to the friar and the others followed. The friar is very nervous and jittery at seeing the four of them.
He shuffled from side to side as Aelric started to speak, “Why are you so distraught, sir?” Aelric may not seem like the type, but he still used common courtesies on those who didn’t attack him.
“Well, young man, my sacred bell has been stolen. I am looking for anyone who knows of its whereabouts,” The friar told him. “As payment for its return, I am willing to offer a magic healing potion. Do you have the brass bell?”
“No, sorry, we don’t,” Elsie interrupted, answering the friar.
Then so did Ailbe. “But if we find it, we’ll look for you.”
The poor old friar frowned and then asked, “Do you a gold piece you could give me for a good cause?”
Unfortunately, Aelric’s formalities never lasted long. “We already offered to help you find your bell, beggar, don’t try to con us out of money as well. Why don’t you just defecate where you stand?!” With that, he stormed off along the northern path ahead of them.
The friar shook his head and said as he shrugged his shoulders, “There doesn’t seem to be any charity in the world any more.”
Faye rolled her eyes at the scene that Aelric had caused. “You must excuse his rudeness, Friar, he wasn’t loved as a child.”
Elsie reached into her pack and pulled out a Gold Piece. The friar smiled and told them, “Bless you.” He bowed and set off south, whistling as he went. (+1 Luck each). The three ran to catch up to Aelric. Finally catching up to him, they all saw in the distance the dark brown wall of trees looming up on them. The path led directly there and soon started to twist and turn between tangled roots and bushes. After many hurtles and stumbles, the path eventually split.

Aelric
Skill: 12
Stamina: 17
Luck: 10

Ailbe
Skill: 7
Stamina: 9
Luck: 10

Elsie
Skill: 11
Stamina: 13
Luck: 10

Faye
Skill: 10 (+1 skill)
Stamina: 15
Luck: 12 (+2 from ring)

To continue North or head West?
Discuss TOGETHER in chat!



Samantha, Julian, and Desiree @Miumi.hp, @amaiaxx21 and @amberose

Reaching the next junction, Julian looked in both directions. “Okay, this time, I have to say that I think it’s way better to keep on going east. We may reunite with the others, don’t you think?”
“Words of a Wiseman.” Then Sam quickly snapped, “Enjoy that compliment, because I don’t give out many, but don’t go getting an even bigger head either.”
Before Julian could argue back, Desiree jumped in between them. “East it is then” She continued to walk along the valley floor, and the other two followed, passing a junction in the path which led south into the hills. Soon the group arrived at another junction, and again, one of the branches led south, but the other two lead north and east.
Desiree turned to the other two, “I say that we head North now, just so it feels like we’re heading back in the direction we were supposed to be heading.”
Sam was looking down both paths, actually thinking about which way to go. “I don’t know, I’m kind of curious about the eastern path.”
“Umm…” Julian raised his eyebrows toward Sam. “I say north as well. We should continue advancing, as Dee said, but if you guys want to try to meet up with the others then we can continue East.”
Sam replied quickly, “I still want to meet with others, but maybe even more, I want to explore the western path. I don’t think I’m ready to go further without the other part of the war hammer. If you guys want to continue North, I understand.”
“I’m still going north,” Desiree stately matter-of-factly. “Good luck to you on your western journey, Sam. Hope all goes well.” She felt guilty that she had been a little harsh, she hadn’t meant to be.
Sam was hesitant. “…Alright, I’ll stay with you guys, north it is. I don’t want to be alone, so let’s go north.”
Julian smiled. “Yes, north, let’s go.”
They all headed along the northern path and it wasn’t long before trouble came… Although it was a bright sunny day, a tiny grey cloud appeared in the sky, moving toward the three of you. As it approached, Desiree panicked as she saw it was moving very quickly. Finally, it hovered above Julian some five metres off the ground. Suddenly a bolt of lightning shot out of the cloud, hitting him in the shoulder. (-3 Stamina.) What happened next was all simultaneous. Desiree screamed, Julian collapsed but Sam’s quick reflexes caught him from falling to the ground, and the cloud shot off to the west at high speed.
“Jul-” Sam started but was cut off by Julian.
“I’m fine. Let’s just keep going,” he snapped, pulling himself out of Sam’s grip and carefully stood back up.
“But your shoul-” Desiree stated worriedly.
“It’s fine, okay?!”, he grumbled, setting off north again. The girls exchanged glances before following along behind. All the way to another junction in the path.

Samantha
Skill: 11
Stamina: 11
Luck: 7

Julian
Skill: 9
Stamina: 12

Desiree
Skill: 9 (+1 for attack with helmet) (+2 skill when using the sword)
Stamina: 11
Luck: 10 (+1)

North or West?
Discuss in chat



Roxanne @Littlefeets

Walking over to the well, Roxanne saw a ladder that ran down the inside to the water below. However, as she looked down there, there appeared to be a tunnel just above the surface of the water, running north. It looked to be circular with a diameter of about one metre. I wonder what is down there, she thought. Maybe, part of the hammer…
Climbing down the ladder, she does not notice a rung was missing. Roxanne slipped and lost her footing. Luckily, she managed to hold onto the ladder with her hands and carefully made her way down. At the bottom of the ladder, she was surprised to see that the tunnel ran quite a distance north. Getting down on her hands and knees, Roxanne began crawling through the tunnel. The tunnel headed north rather than west, unlike the way she were originally going. She was also surprised to see that it was lit by torches at regular intervals along its length. So she kept crawling along the well-lit tunnel until she got to a junction. Slightly unsure this time, she hesitated before turning East. The tunnel ended at a cave entrance. A curtain hung over the entrance and she was unable to see inside.

Roxanne
Skill: 8
Stamina: 7
Luck: 8

Throw back the curtain or turn back to the junction?
Tell me in chat

8 Likes

East @jdepisode, @EpisodeLover_13, @Tellyg47, and @Littlefeets

Elsie turned her head in both directions before turning back to the west. “I think heading west is best, but north would be fine if that’s what everyone else wants.”
“No, we should head west,” Aelric affirmed as if to say that was their decision. Both Faye and Ailbe agreed, deciding it wasn’t the best idea to argue with him. The walk west was arduous and uneventful. Passing two branches off the path leading south, which they ignored and then eventually arrived at another junction, only to continue north again. Then, finally, something. Amidst the trees was a small stone building covered in ivy and moss. This time Ailbe joined Aelric to examine the hut, followed by Elsie. Faye, however, decided to stay back, to keep watch. The building measured only three metres by three metres and had no windows. The door was made of stone and very solid, with no handle. Then Elsie noticed a tiny keyhole in the stone door.
“Can you find a way in?”, Faye called to them.
“Ssh,” whispered Elsie, with her finger to her lips.
Aelric came to look at the door. “Oh, curses, we need a key. Well, time to continue, I’m not in the mood to break my arm on a door today.”
Faye looked at Elsie and Ailbe and asked, “Does anyone want to have a go at it?”
Aelric was starting to rethink and about change his mind, but Elsie and Ailbe exchanged glances. “A thick stone door might open if we both tried together?”, Ailbe suggested.
“Maybe.” Elsie partially agreed but decided to try nevertheless. They stepped back together and then both charged the door. The plan worked and the door flew open. Elsie and Ailbe fell forward, into the hut, as it did.
Watching the two fall inside, Faye asked rhetorically, “Shall we go in then?”
Aelric let out a little laugh then stifled it as quick as he could. Heaven forbid that they start thinking he was congenial. Straight-faced, he nodded to Faye and followed her inside the building.
Inside they saw stone stairs leading down from the door into gloomy depths. Not able to see a thing, they descended the stairs. They felt their way down, the wall cold and rough to their touch, but slowly their eyes become accustomed to the dark. They began to make out shapes at the bottom.
Now standing in a small square room with a low ceiling. The floor was thick with dust and there were cobwebs everywhere. ln the middle of the room, there was what appeared to be a large stone box, it measured approximately two metres by one metre. The top of it was a great stone slab. Along one of the rough stone walls, there was a small alcove with a candle in it. Before they could do anything else, they needed to be able to see more clearly/

Aelric
Skill: 12
Stamina: 17
Luck: 10

Ailbe
Skill: 7
Stamina: 9
Luck: 10

Elsie
Skill: 11
Stamina: 13
Luck: 10

Faye
Skill: 10 (+1 skill)
Stamina: 15
Luck: 12 (+2 from ring)

Would you like to light the candle or head back up the stairs?
Discuss TOGETHER in chat!



Samantha, Julian, and Desiree @Miumi.hp, @amaiaxx21 and @amberose

Sam looked at Julian before suggesting, “I think north is the way, mainly because I don’t want to go where that cloud went.”
Desiree watched as Julian grimaced. “I say North as well,” she agreed.
Julian, still a little grumpy, muttered, “North is perfect.” Then headed north, as if that were the final decision. Stupid lightning cloud, he thought. Across the green valley, they headed, seeing a wall of green. Darkwood forest, part two, his mind groaned.
The path led straight into the thick undergrowth and they were soon walking between tall, dark trees and thorny bushes. It was dark and quiet, then the path abruptly ended in a junction. Unanimously, they decided to head east and continued that way before the path turned northward again. Ahead they heard the thumping of heavy footsteps and the noise of breaking branches. It sounded as though some huge creature was coming down the path toward them.
“I’d like to hide now,” Desiree muttered to herself, but loud enough for the other two hear, her face reflected both shock and fear. Sam gripped Dee’s wrist and yanked her into the bushes. “Ouch! That really-” Dee started to say, but Julian jumped into the undergrowth behind them and cover her mouth with his hand. Peering out from behind the leaves, they saw the massive legs of some gigantic man stomp past them along the path. As soon as he was gone, Dee pushed them off her and stood up, dusting herself off. “A little warning would have been nice,” she told them stroppily before heading north again, ahead of them.
Sam rolled her eyes. “What? Not even a thank you?”
Julian shook his head. “Noone is taught manners anymore.”
They both catch up to Dee as the path began to twist and turn, and then made a sudden sharp turn to the west. Following the new course, Julian was aware of squawking in the trees. Then Sam heard the flapping of wings and looked up to see three large birds aiming themselves down at each of you. Their beaks and talons looked razor sharp. The three of you only have a second to defend yourself against the Deathhawks.

Samantha
Skill: 11
Stamina: 11
Luck: 7

Julian
Skill: 9
Stamina: 12

Desiree
Skill: 9 (+1 for attack with helmet) (+2 skill when using the sword)
Stamina: 11
Luck: 10 (+1)

Either tell me what your first move is or if you want to try to escape?
Discuss in chat



Roxanne @Littlefeets

Roxanne reached her hand out, and on pulling back the curtain, she saw a tiny, green-skinned creature with a large head. He had a long nose and pointed ears and his clothes are made of sacking. A large medallion hung from his neck on a silver chain. The creature was sitting at a table examining a red clay figurine of a human hand. On seeing her enter the tiny hollow-like cave, he grabbed his hammer and smashed the clay hand. He was a Gremlin chief and jumped to his feet to face her with his hammer. She knew must fight.

Gremlin chief

Skill: 5
Stamina: 5

The Gremlin lunged at her, but Roxanne was quick to withdraw her sword and thrust it into him. The problem was that there were many factors playing against her. From the small room and lack of space for her to move to the creature’s agileness. This caused her strain and took a lot more concentration and energy than she had. Meaning that the creature had the upper-hand and took advantage of it, bring his hammer down on her leg. The pain was severe. She let out an agonising scream as her vision blurred and her body temperature lowered. Seeing movement out of the corner of her eye, she had a final attempt to get the creature. Fortunately, she was able to skewer him with her sword. Unfortunately, she had used the last of her energy.
Roxanne collapsed to the floor; heart slowing and breath growing faint. Yet, her wide, glassy eyes reflected pride that she had bested one last creature.

Roxanne
Skill: 8
Stamina: 0
Luck: 8

7 Likes

East @jdepisode, @EpisodeLover_13, @Tellyg47, and @Littlefeets

Aelric looked over at the alcove, seeing the candle. He gestured to it and said, “I’m going to light that if I can.” He looked at the girls’ faces and thought he could make out them all nodding in agreement but it was pretty dingy in the room. He walked over and spotted a lone match next to it. Picking up the match, he struck it on the wall, igniting the match and lit the wick.
The light from the candle cast eerie shadows around the room. In the yellow light, the girls can see the face of an old man was carved into the stone slab top of the central box. Aelric moved closer with the candle and Ailbe breaks the silence, “This slab looks like it could be moved.”
“Maybe if we all take a corner to push it,” Aelric suggested. “Though it’s going to be difficult holding this damned candle as well.”
Faye snorted at him, but she and Elsie each took the opposite corners to Ailbe and Aelric. They pushed while the others pulled. They exerted almost all of there strength to no avail. In the end, Faye grabbed the candle from Aelric and threw it into the corner. Then they left the underground hut and continued north.
The path pressed northwards through the dense trees. Then it made a sudden turn to the right and headed east. The path is so overgrown in places that Faye had to take the lead from Elsie to slice through it. The walk east was long and tiring. When they reached the next junction, Elsie consulted Bigleg’s map and made the executive decision to head north again toward Stonebridge, ignoring the narrow path continuing east. This path soon opened up into a small clearing. To Ailbe’s right, she saw a pile of branches and grass, it was some kind of lair of some large creature. Aelric’s attention was drawn to something else. No, not something, someone else.

Aelric
Skill: 12
Stamina: 17
Luck: 10

Ailbe
Skill: 7
Stamina: 9
Luck: 10

Elsie
Skill: 11
Stamina: 13
Luck: 10

Faye
Skill: 10 (+1 skill)
Stamina: 15
Luck: 12 (+2 from ring)

What is your character’s reaction?
Discuss TOGETHER in chat!



Samantha, Julian, and Desiree @Miumi.hp, @amaiaxx21 and @amberose

The first Deathhawk dived down at Sam as she quickly bent over to fill her hand with dirt. She flung the dirt at the creature, temporarily disorientating it. So that it only got caught up in her hair as it swooped round as she ran west, following Dee. The second Deathhawk had tried to grip Desiree’s arm causing her to shriek and run west, but lucky it only left scratches. The third Deathhawk and Julian. It dived and Julian swung his hammer, but unfortunately, they both were able to cause minor damage, before Julian was able to chase after the other two.
The three were so worried that the Deathhawks were following them that they just ran past the junction with the path that continued west, and all turned north without thinking twice. As they start to slow down, tired and out of breath, the path soon opened up into a small clearing. To Sam’s right, they saw a pile of branches, grass, and pieces of rag, the lair of some large creature. Amongst the debris and old bones scattered about she caught sight of something glittering.
“I want to know what that is,” Desiree told them, taking a few steps toward it.
Both Sam and Julian’s eyes sparkled and followed Dee, only to pass her. They turned around to look at her, not hearing what she had heard from closeby. “What’s wron-” Julian started to ask but stopped as they followed her eye’s direction. Desiree’s lips parted slightly as she grinned. Her excitement slightly hid her flushing cheeks as she saw who had just arrived.

Samantha
Skill: 11
Stamina: 9
Luck: 7

Julian
Skill: 9
Stamina: 10

Desiree
Skill: 9 (+1 for attack with helmet) (+2 skill when using the sword)
Stamina: 9
Luck: 10 (+1)

What is your character’s reaction?
Discuss in chat

8 Likes

The Group

Desiree was so happy that she took a step forward, wanting to give them all a hug. Then looking around, seeing no one react, she quickly stepped back again. Though, just as Dee stepped back, Sam drew a wide grin on her face before letting out a small, yet startling scream. The scream made Elsie jump, but then be filled with excitement as she saw who the scream came from. Beside her, the other three were cautious and unsure if this was merely some kind of trick, as was Julian. Feeling confident that it was only his fellow adventurers and not a trap, Julian smiled. “Where the fuck have you four been?”, he asked.
Elsie’s smile faltered as she focused on Julian, but only ever so slightly. “Language.” She paused, allowing worry to wash over her face. “Where is Roxanne?”
Ailbe was still a little cautious and watching the three of them closely. She saw Dee’s head go down, staring at her boots. Faye saw it too, but she decided to speak up. “Dee, what happened?”
Jolting her head back up to look at Faye and the girls, avoiding his eyes altogether. She just couldn’t look at him. “I don’t know… I haven’t seen her since yesterday, not more than a few hours after seeing the four of you, we all split up.” A tear ran down her cheek and Julian comforted her, gently patting her lower back. Everyone else remained quiet. “I should have stayed with her, we should have stayed together. Then at least-”
She fell silent, but there wasn’t silence for long before Aelric piped up, “Now that we have a bigger group, we have a lower chance of losing more skilled fighters… especially with me around.” He muttered the last himself. Though this was still him being sympathetic; his way of acknowledging a fallen hero.

After a moment of more silence, Sam turned on her heel, heading back to check out the glittering object nearer the lair. BUT suddenly the group were aware of a dark shadow being cast all around them. Hearing a loud roar above, they looked up to see a dragon-like creature with two legs and green scaly skin flying down to its lair. A bolt of fire shot from its mouth and panned across the group. Aelric and Ailbe instantly dive to the ground to their right to avoid the flame and Elsie and Faye to their left. Julian pulled the slightly emotional Dee to the ground in front of them, while Faye flung herself backwards.

Aelric
Skill: 12
Stamina: 17
Luck: 9

Ailbe
Skill: 7
Stamina: 9
Luck: 9

Elsie
Skill: 11
Stamina: 13
Luck: 9

Faye
Skill: 10 (+1 skill)
Stamina: 15
Luck: 11 (+2 from ring)

Samantha
Skill: 11
Stamina: 9
Luck: 6

Julian
Skill: 9
Stamina: 9

Desiree
Skill: 9 (+1 for attack with helmet) (+2 skill when using the sword)
Stamina: 9
Luck: 9 (+1)

What is your character’s next move?
Discuss TOGETHER in chat!



Sorry that it’s slightly short, I’m just trying to pull myself together and get back to myself. :pleading_face::pleading_face::pleading_face:

@jdepisode, @EpisodeLover_13, @Tellyg47, @Littlefeets, @Miumi.hp, @amaiaxx21 and @amberose

7 Likes

The Group

The creature that landed in front of them was a Wyvern. It looked at them and opened its mouth to let out another burning roar. It was about ten metres long and had thick scales that looked hard to penetrate with a weapon.

Wyvern

Skill: 10
Stamina: 11

Ailbe noticed Faye drawing her blades and running to the dragon’s side, so she decided to play as a distraction, attacking the other side. Unfortunately, the reversed happened. The Wyvern’s long tail swished from side to side and smoke curled up from its nostrils. Faye was flung away, landing on her back a fair distance away. Ailbe went in for the attack, thrusting her longsword underneath the scales on its neck. Sam stood up where she was and notched her arrow, but before she could release it, the creature opened its mouth. She dived to the ground to avoid getting burnt to a crisp. Elsie looked around, checking that everyone was okay. Noticing Aelric was heading for the same place Ailbe had attacked just moments before, she joined him. Unfortunately, the Wyvern was aware this time and flicked its tail, causing them to soar backwards.
Aelric immediately stood, giving her a filthy look. “Damn it, Elsie, think. Do you want to die? What you just did makes me think you do? Don’t attack the same place that someone else is!” Elsie felt like a scolded child, reminding her of her childhood. She looked down, hiding her eyes that were filling with tears, and nodded to say she understood.
Julian whispered to an upset Desiree, “stay down” before rising and running toward the Wyvern. He barely heard her thank him as he threw his hammer at its head while it opened its mouth. He leapt as high as he could, yet the heat still seared the bottom of his boots slightly, and then his hammer fell on his head, causing him to drop to the ground.
Seeing how all of her friends were at a major disadvantage, she got to her feet and wiped her eyes, despite what Julian had said. Removing her flail from her belt, she started twirling it and running. running underneath the creature, whacking it with all her might. Seeing Dee become a little force of nature, Sam aimed her notched arrow and dodging the flames, but paid no attention to its tail.
An angry Aelric did notice how upset Elsie was and his heart melted a little. “C’mon, get up, you go that way and I’ll go this way,” he directed.
Elsie wiped her eyes and nodded again. “Okay.” She held her sword and did as she was told, and then they both took off.
Unfortunately for Aelric, there were two things he didn’t notice. One, was that Ailbe was already over in the area he was heading, and two was the creature’s tail. With another swish, the three of them; Aelric, Ailbe, and Elsie, were swept to the side, landing painfully.
“Nice one, Aelric,” Ailbe growled from her back. He was about to yell back at her when there was an almighty roar. Desiree had just pulled out her beautiful new sword and thrust it into its underbelly, while Julian had run up its backbone and was thumping its head with his hammer. The Wyvern collapsed, luckily with both Julian and Desiree jumping off and running out from under it before it did.

After 10 minutes, when everyone had caught their breath, dealt with the majority of their aches and pains, and hid the rest of them. They regrouped. Desiree stepped slightly forward in their little cluster, holding out a gauntlet and ring in each hand. “I found these near the lair. I think we should take them, they could come in handy, you never know.”
“The ring is mine,” Aelric announced quickly, reaching out to claim it.
Desiree closed her hand tightly around the ring and opened her mouth to speak. She closed it sharply when Julian interrupted her, “I’m not sure if we should take either, they could be poisoned or cursed. Do you really want to risk it?”
Faye laughed. “This is our life, Julian. Without risk, where’s the fun?”
Julian shook his head and stepped back, allowing them to argue over the items, feeling a little defeated. Elsie looked at Desiree’s closed hand and then at the group to say, “Since I’ve been leading the group, I think I should take the ring.”
“Leading? You’ve barely helped. On that logic, Faye should have the ring,” Aelric retorted.
Faye shrugged. “Well, I did clear our path a lot of the time. How about it, Desiree?”
Desiree seemed unsure and Aelric noticed. He told her, “After all the quests and battles we been through, I think we all know who deserves the ring most, don’t we, Dee?” She looked between the three, they were all worthy of the ring, but why did she have to make the decision. “Please?”, he added with a wink. She bit her lip and opened her hand for him to take it. He did and slipped it on his middle finger when he was suddenly gripped with agonising pain. He fell to his knees, groaning from the pain. Elsie, Desiree, and Julian ran forward to help but there wasn’t anything they could do.
Eventually, the pain subsided and he was able to take off the ring and throw it far away from him. It was the cursed ring of slowness (-2 Skill). While they were fussing over Aelric, Sam looked at the gauntlet in Dee’s hand, pondering. “Someone should probably try that one too, they can’t both be bad luck, right?” They all looked between each other, all silently saying ‘not it’. “Dee, pass it here?”, Sam said. “I’ll give it a go.”
“Are you sure?”, Faye asked.
“What’s fun without risk, right?” Sam took the gauntlet and slipped it on, then took hold of the dagger she kept on her thigh. Slicing the air with it, she felt unusually skilled. She was wearing the Gauntlet of Weapon Skill (+1 Skill).
“Damn it!”, Aelric groaned as he watched her.

Aelric
Skill: 12 (-2)
Stamina: 12
Luck: 9

Ailbe
Skill: 7
Stamina: 7
Luck: 9

Elsie
Skill: 11
Stamina: 9
Luck: 9

Faye
Skill: 10 (+1 skill)
Stamina: 12
Luck: 11 (+2 from ring)

Samantha
Skill: 11 (+1)
Stamina: 7
Luck: 6

Julian
Skill: 9
Stamina: 6

Desiree
Skill: 9 (+1 for attack with helmet) (+2 skill when using the sword)
Stamina: 9
Luck: 9 (+1)

Does anyone want to drink their potions or give them to others to drink?
Discuss TOGETHER in chat!



@jdepisode, @EpisodeLover_13, @Tellyg47, @Littlefeets, @Miumi.hp, @amaiaxx21 and @amberose

6 Likes

The Group

Julian watched Sam’s newfound weapon agility as well, from his position next to Aelric, Elsie, and Dee. “Well, I believe you got lucky there, Sam.”
Aelric threw him an irritated look and attempted to get himself off the ground, aided by Elsie and Desiree on either side, though not happy about it. “Let’s just keep going north,” he snapped once he was standing.
“Wait, wait-” Julian put a hand on Aelric’s chest to stop him, which probably wasn’t the wisest of ideas, because if looks could kill then Julian would be dead. He moved his hand sharply. “I think it’d be stupid if we all didn’t have a boost; rejuvenate. And since we can’t really nap right now, maybe we should drink those concoctions that we bought a week ago at that flee market.”
Desiree turned to him but was slightly hesitant, “But what if we need them later? And we waste them by drinking them now?”
Ailbe was thinking again. She looked paler than normal, completely drained of energy. “I don’t think there is much left of this forest and I don’t think any of us will need it more than we need it right now.”
“Yeah, it’s a good idea. I’m going to drink mine now,” Sam chimed in, removing her pack.
Faye added, at the same time Ailbe was removing her bag as well and starting to dig into it. “Me too, I think you should.”
“Jesus, I’m exhausted, I’m going to join you, ladies,” he stated, also digging into his own pack.
While they were finding the potions in their bags, Aelric had decided that he didn’t need to take his one and to just move on early. He stepped backwards, but Elsie was on him before he could turn away. “I feel weak, I need to recover my strength,” she told him.
“Not my problem,” he replied.
“It is. You have a stamina potion, swap it with me?!”
“For what?”, he questioned, remembering the useless one that she’d bought on the day. “A stupid skill one? No, thank you, I think I’ll stick with mine.”
“For anything,” she replied. “For the fact that you don’t actually want my death on your hands, do you?” Elsie folded her arms, feeling confident that she’d be making the trade with him.
Aelric’s lip curled at the sound of this. He knew that she was right and he probably had to now, but he didn’t like it. He didn’t like being forced into it. So Aelric did what he did best, came up with a cunning plan where she would be the one to refuse, not him, and he’d get to keep it. He narrowed his eyes and started stroking his chin with his right hand, pretending to think about it. “Hmm… what do I want in return for the potion? I did pay three Gold Pieces for it, but it is more valuable now, being that everyone is taking theirs. So how about… a kiss?” He smirked.
Elsie was instantly shocked, had he really just asked for that? She looked around at the others for support, but only Faye looked like she had heard him. As she looked equally as shocked as Elsie. Elsie opened her mouth to speak, her heart was racing, “…A… a what?”
“You heard me,” he responded smugly, but then foolishly looked at Dee out of the corner of his eye. She wasn’t looking at them, so it was almost impossible to tell if she had heard. Except that her shoulders had tensed, so he knew.
“That’s really what you want?”, Elsie reaffirmed her question.
Aelric shifted uncomfortably, feeling not quite himself, and he was sure he didn’t like that. Laughing it off, he said, “No, I was teasing you, Elsie.” He noticed Dee’s shoulders relax immediately, as he removed his pack to take it out. “I’ll just take you skill position for it.” Though he still wasn’t happy about it.

After the four had taken their potions, they all waited another ten minutes for the wooziness to subside and the potion to take effect. Then they collected their bags together and started north again.
They walked along the narrow path until suddenly, they all heard the sharp crack of a twig breaking and the whispering of low voices. They stopped, clustered together, back-to-back and weapons were drawn. They waited anxiously. Then from behind the trees opposite Faye, stepped four men and a woman dressed in green tunics. Each looked more menacing and bigger than the other, and than them, which possibly meant their agility would be worse. But did the group want to find out if this was the case, as they watched the five surround them with swords and axes in their hands?
The young woman stepped forward and spoke angrily, “You are trespassing on our territory and you must pay a levy of five items from your backpack or face the consequences.”

Aelric
Skill: 12 (-2)
Stamina: 17
Luck: 9

Ailbe
Skill: 7
Stamina: 19
Luck: 9

Elsie
Skill: 11
Stamina: 21
Luck: 9

Faye
Skill: 10 (+1 skill)
Stamina: 15
Luck: 11 (+2 from ring)

Samantha
Skill: 11
Stamina: 24
Luck: 6

Julian
Skill: 9
Stamina: 22

Desiree
Skill: 9 (+1 for attack with helmet) (+2 skill when using the sword)
Stamina: 9
Luck: 9 (+1)

What should you do?
Discuss TOGETHER in chat!



@jdepisode, @EpisodeLover_13, @Tellyg47, @Littlefeets, @Miumi.hp, @amaiaxx21 and @amberose

7 Likes

The Group

Elsie, too, turned her head and replied, “Let’s just give it to them, we’re nearing the end of this forest and we’re all tired. Maybe I could give them some of my gold?”
“NO,” Aelric said abruptly, then turned his head to the group. “No gold. If you all really want to give them something, what about giving them crap? Those biscuits and that stone.”
“Yeah,” Desiree agreed. “And the necklace and flute. I could even hand over my potion.”
Faye continued on from Desiree while Aelric was skillfully getting out her potion with one hand. “If you’re giving them your fortune potion then I lose the healing one.”
Sam was thinking about what she could contribute and started to suggest something before being interrupted by Julian, “I could give-”
“No, we don’t need any more items, we have six,” Julian stated, as he watched Elsie delve into Faye’s pack, so offered to do the same for Ailbe.
When all six items were out of their bags, they passed them to Sam. In Sam’s hand were a tiny brass flute, a Potion of Fortune and one one of healing, a mouse skull necklace, the rod of Water-Finding, and a stone of a beast they had fought. She turned and handed them over, dropping them into the woman’s own hand. The young woman looked down at the items that now lay in her hand and curled her upper lip in distaste. She picked up the rock to examine it but ended up tossing it behind her. “A rock and same bones, not good enough,” she spat. “Two.” She held up two fingers as well, as if her two henchmen were too stupid to understand. The two largest males, either side of her, stepped forward and grabbed both Sam and Julian, then stepped back. Each one held their hostage horizontally under their arms. Sam and Julian’s arms were held down at their side, leaving them rather constricted.

Aelric
Skill: 12 (-2)
Stamina: 17
Luck: 9

Ailbe
Skill: 7
Stamina: 19
Luck: 9

Elsie
Skill: 11
Stamina: 21
Luck: 9

Faye
Skill: 10 (+1 skill)
Stamina: 15
Luck: 11 (+2 from ring)

Samantha
Skill: 11
Stamina: 24
Luck: 6

Julian
Skill: 9
Stamina: 22

Desiree
Skill: 9 (+1 for attack with helmet) (+2 skill when using the sword)
Stamina: 9
Luck: 9 (+1)

What is your next move?
Discuss TOGETHER in chat!



@jdepisode, @EpisodeLover_13, @Tellyg47, @Littlefeets, @Miumi.hp, @amaiaxx21 and @amberose

8 Likes

The Group

Aelric gritted his teeth and clenched his fist tightly around the handle of his blade, readying himself for a fight. He was furious as well as struggling to comprehend how those two had so easily been picked up like bugs.
From their newly horizontal position, Sam was shocked. Minutes she remained frozen, not quite believing what had just happened. Until finally, she began to struggle against the man who held her, to no avail. She looked across to Julian, who was in the same position and had even less movement than she did, but was not giving up. Julian was yelling at the man who held him, “Ahhh, you hideous fiend! Put me down. Why don’t you pick on someone your own size?”
The henchman that held Julian sniffed the air. Then for the first time, he spoke up, “…I never thought I’d miss the smell of gnome!”
“Congratulations. You’ve gone nose deaf,” Julian mocked. “Now how about a fair fight? You put me down and I’ll show you how this dwarf can beat you in battle without breaking a sweat.”
While Julian and Sam were carrying on, the others were discussing their best options. Aelric looked adamant on fighting them, but Desire, knowing that this was a bad idea, put a hand on his shoulder as if to say, “Not a good time.”
Ailbe suggested, “How about we barter with them? Give them more items.”
“Because we just saw how well that went,” Elsie added. “I say we give them gold pieces. How about 10?”
“12!”, came a loud voice from behind them. It was the woman answering them, as if to say, “So I’ve been able to hear your conversation the whole time. Hurry up.”
Suddenly feeling watched and a little violated, the group tensed and agreed to give them the gold. Banding together, they collected the gold from their packs to make up a total of 12 now in Elsie’s hand. She stepped forward and gave the young woman the gold. The young woman looked at the gold in her hand and nodded. “I suppose this will suffice,” she stated nonchalantly while gesturing to her henchmen with her other hand to let Sam and Julian down, which they did. Then as fast as they appeared, they receded back into the forest again.

It took the group about 10 minutes to gather themselves and regain their bearings, and stop Julian and Aelric from chasing after those bandits. Once they had, they headed north again and soon noticed the trees beginning to thin out on either side of the path. Eventually, the path led out of the trees to a ploughed field. They were out of Darkwood Forest!
The path led through the field to a stone bridge over a clear stream. Beyond the bridge were the small cottages and wooden huts of the village. A sign at the end reads ‘Stonebridge’. Before crossing the bridge, Elsie realised that she didn’t possess the other part of the hammer and they had failed their quest to help the dwarfs. They are unable to face Gillibran, the king, without the hammer. Consulting Bigleg’s map, Elsie announced, “We need the second part of the hammer. We can either walk around Darkwood Forest and enter the forest from Yaztromo’s tower again? Or perhaps just head east, find a place to rest after this perilous journey and try to find other adventure to undergo?”

Aelric
Skill: 12 (-2)
Stamina: 17
Luck: 9

Ailbe
Skill: 7
Stamina: 19
Luck: 9

Elsie
Skill: 11
Stamina: 21
Luck: 9

Faye
Skill: 10 (+1 skill)
Stamina: 15
Luck: 11 (+2 from ring)

Samantha
Skill: 11
Stamina: 24
Luck: 6

Julian
Skill: 9
Stamina: 22

Desiree
Skill: 9 (+1 for attack with helmet) (+2 skill when using the sword)
Stamina: 9
Luck: 9 (+1)

Start the adventure again to find the second half or end it here and start a new quest?
Discuss TOGETHER in chat!



@jdepisode, @EpisodeLover_13, @Tellyg47, @Littlefeets, @Miumi.hp, @amaiaxx21 and @amberose

6 Likes

The Trial of Champions!


After Elsie had announced they had failed and that they had to choose between two options, the group fell silent. Each and every one of them was disheartened and upset. How could they have failed? How could they have lost one of their own; Roxanne. So young and naive, yet such a strong warrior. She would be missed. But Elsie knew she couldn’t just leave her.
“Good Riddance,” Aelric blurted out. “I’m not going back in there, risking my life, for someone who may or may not be dead.”
“How could you be so selfish?”, Elsie retorted.
“A simple no would have sufficed,” Ailbe added.
“Okay, NO.” Aelric folded his arms and leaned back on the Stonebridge sign. Sam nodded, agreeing with Aelric as if to say ’me too’.
Desiree and Julian joined the argument too, but only in their heads. More than ever did they want to make sure Roxanne was alright, however, there was a really high chance that she hadn’t made it.
Interrupting everyone, Faye declared, “I’m going back round to find Rozanne and the hammer. Elsie, Ailbe, and anyone else, follow if you want to join.” With that, she turned on her heel, heading West. The other two hot on her tail, but no one else moved.
No one even spoke until the three had disappeared, after heading to the south. Then it was Sam to break the silence. “Let’s find somewhere to spend the night and rest our heads before figuring out what’s next.” The group agreed and trudged into Stonebridge.

The next day, when the four were well-rested, they strolled the dwarves’ market. Selling things they’d collected, buying new strength potions, and spotting a poster. When they were gathered around it, Julian read aloud.

The Trial of Champions!
Win 10,000 Gold pieces and the freedom of Chang Mai forever.
On May 1st each year, warriors and heroes come to Fang to face the test of their lives. Survival is unlikely, yet many take the risk, for the prize is great. However, to become champion is no easy task. Some years ago, the powerful baron of Fang, Sukumvit, decided to draw people into the town by creating the ultimate contest. A labyrinth deep inside the hill behind Fang, from which it only has one exit and is filled with many tricks, traps, and loathsome monsters.
Are you able to accept the challenge and win?

None of them spoke after Julian had finished. Yet, words were spoken, “I’m gonna’ do it.” The voice had a thick, country drawl, from someone who had not been brought up in the city. The four heads turned promptly to see where and who it’d come from. They were faced with a girl, one that was masked and hooded. Only her piercing green eyes were left uncovered, staring straight at the poster.
Aelric snarled, clearly not happy to be beaten to the punch, much less by a girl. “You?! This is a real damn tournament, child, not a pathetic game of stick combat.”
“Child? I’m not a child. I ‘ave as much chance as you do of winnin’, probably more,” the green-eyed girl, Kathryn, retorted.
Aelric laughed abruptly. “If you look like a child and sound like a child, then you are in fact, a child.”
“I’m not, and I am gonna’ compete.”
Sam watched the scene take place, wondering if she should cut in. Desiree, however, was in her head, wondering if she was actually brave enough to enter this tournament. While Julian, on the other hand, was quickly getting angrier and angrier. Finally, he couldn’t stay quiet any longer. “Aelric, stop it! There’s no need for such rudeness.”
Aelric ignored Julian and continued talking mockingly to Kathryn. “Child, be careful, there’s probably an age restriction.” He paused a moment and leaned a little forward. “But if you insist, fancy a wager?”
“What kind of wager?”, Kathryn asked.
He smirked. “If you do compete and you win, then I’ll give you 10 Gold pieces, but if you don’t, as I predict, then you give that Gold to me. Though if you die, then the satisfaction of knowing I was right will do quite nicely.”
She pondered the idea a moment before smiling and putting out her hand. “Agreed.” They shook hands.
In a quiet tone with a hint of envy, Desiree asked, “Does this mean the five of us are going to enter the tournament?”
Sam replied, “I believe it does.”

Despite its name, Fang was an ordinary small town in the Northern Province of Chiang May. Situated on the banks of the river Kok it made a convenient stopover for river traders and passengers throughout most of the year. A few barges, rafts and sometimes even a large sailboat could be found moored in Fang. But all that was long ago, before the creation of the Trial of Champions. Now once a year, the river is crammed with boats, as people arrive from hundreds of miles around, hoping to witness the breaking of an ancient tradition in Fang and see a victor of the Trial of Champions. A trial that Sukumvit had designed in meticulous detail so that anybody hoping to face its challenge would have to use their wits as well as their weapon skill. When he was finally satisfied with its completion, he picked ten of his finest, fully-armed, guards and sent them into the Labyrinth. He never saw them again and the tale of their ill-fate spread throughout the land. Rumours, messages, and news-sheets carried his challenge, and challengers flooded in. The first year, 17 brave warriors attempted ‘The Walk’, as it later became known, but not one reappeared. Years passed and the Trial continued, attracting bigger and bigger crowds. Fang prospered every April and May, they even dedicated a festival to it. Everyone sang, drank, danced, and laughed until day broke on May 1st when the town flocked to the gates of the labyrinth to watch the first challenger of the year step forward to face the Trial of Champions.

Having seen one of Sukumvit’s challenges nailed to a tree, Yoohan decided that this year she would attempt ‘The Walk’. For the past five years, she has been attracted to it, not for the rewards, but for the simple fact that nobody has ever yet emerged victorious. She intended to make this the year in which a Champion was crowned! To make a name for herself, to no longer be a nobody. Gathering her belongings, she set off immediately from Phan Thiet, a small town she’d been working in for the past few months. She keeps moving from town to town, never settling, never connecting, never staying longer than six months. Two days’ walk took her west to the coast, where she entered the cursed Port Blacksand. Wasting no time in that city of thieves, she bought passage on a small boat sailing north to where the river Kok meets the sea, and from there she took a raft up-river, finally arriving in Fang.

The trial begins in three days time, and the town was in an almost hysterical mood of excitement. Crystal and Emyrs had just registered their entry with officials and were both given violet scarves to tie around their arms, informing everyone of their status. For three days, they enjoyed Fang’s hospitality and were treated like demigods. Crystal may have been partaking in all festivities, but the look on her face whilst doing it was another story. She didn’t show anything on her face, no emotion what-so-ever, she never really did. Emyrs was quite the opposite, and it left them both wondering if they were going to be able to work together during this Trial. They had thought so, 14 weeks back, in the Vale of Willow, where they were going to help its people. Then they spotted the challenge and decided that they’d complete this first and then return to the Vale.
Though during the long merriment, Emyrs almost forgot their purpose in Fang and possibly would have too if it weren’t for Crystal. However, the evening before the Trial, the magnitude of the task ahead began to dominate Emyrs’ thoughts. And continued to later on too when both of them are taken to a special guest house and shown their rooms. There is a splendid four-poster bed with satin sheets to help the competitors be well-rested, possibly for the last time, but there’s little time left to sleep.

Just before dawn, a trumpet call awakens Yeonhwa from vivid dreams of flaming pits and giant black spiders. Minutes later, there was a knock on his door, and a man’s voice rang out saying, “Your challenge begins soon. Please be ready to leave in 10 minutes.”
Yeonhwa rolled over, sighing. Why did he have to be first in the line of competitors’ rooms? Though with the flip of a switch, he jolted upright and out of bed. No, today was the day and he was going to win this challenge. He walked to the window and opened the shutters. Already people were thronging the streets, moving quietly through the morning mist; spectators on their way to the labyrinth no doubt, hoping to find good vantage points from which to watch the competitors. Yeonhwa turned and walked to the wooden table on which his trust sword lay. He picked it up and cut the air with a mighty sweep, wondering what beasts its sharp edge may soon have to meet. Already dressed, as he slept in his leather armour, he adjusted it and grabbed his backpack before opening the door. Coming face to face with a small man with slanted eyes who greeted Yeonhwa as he emerged from his room. “Please follow me,” he said, turning left and walking quickly towards the stairs at the end of the corridor.

As one of the last doors to be knocked in the corridor, Scarlet was the last to leave. She and the man who’d knocked on her door left the guest-house, darting down narrow alleyways between houses. Soon she came into a wide dirt road lined with cheering crowds. When they saw her violet scarf, they cheer even louder and start showering her in flowers. The long shadows of the people in front of her shrank as the bright yellow sun rose higher in the morning sky. Standing there in front of the noisy and vibrant crowd, Scarlet felt strangely alone, aware of her coming ordeal. She wished Michael were here, standing beside her, supporting her. Suddenly she felt a tug on her shirt and saw her small guide beckoning her to follow him. Ahead was the looming hillside and the dark mouth of a tunnel disappearing into its depths. As she got closer, she noticed two great stone pillars on either side of the tunnel entrance. The pillars are covered with ornate carvings: writhing serpents, demons, deities, each seeming to scream a silent warning to those who would pass beyond them.

Felix saw Baron Sukumvit himself standing by the entrance, waiting to greet the contenders in the Trial of Champions. Felix counted 16 others standing proudly in line, their violent scarves displayed for all to see. He smiled, eager to start ‘The Walk,’ then looked to his left, to two bare-chested barbarians dressed in furs. They stand completely motionless, legs straight and slightly apart, arms thrust forward to rest on the hilts of their long, double-headed battleaxes. A tall, slightly bulky man with curly, brown hair and stubble was standing next to a blonde, meek-looking girl with a flail and a harsh-looking redhead with a bow and arrow. Felix chuckled to himself as he thought the girls should probably switch weapons. Next to the redhead was a dark-skinned dwarf with a big hammer who actually rather friendly and a what looked like the figure of a masked and covered girl. Next to them was a sleek, elven woman with golden hair, and feline green eyes like the hooded girl. She adjusted the cross-belt of daggers wrapped around her leather tunic. Felix turned to his right, to his employee of about a year, Derek. Derek had arrived in town during the last trial and met Felix at a town pub a few days later. Hearing that Felix had been struggling to cope with maintaining his land alone, Derek offered to help out, for payment, of course. So that’s what happened, Derek stayed for a year and worked as a farm hand, although it took the two months and months to be friends, if that’s what they could be called now. But they were close enough now to agree to attempt this together, even if one may have had to persuade the other. Derek nodded to the smiling Felix before looking to his right. A young man was there and a little girl with very short, brown hair. Both carried swords and Derek thought that both would be dead very, very soon. The same went for the next girl with a bow and arrow who looked way to classy to be here competing. Next to her was a long-haired man who looked a lot more rugged than Derek and a long-haired, freckled child whispering to him. Or she looked like a child to Derek and children had no place here, neither did women. Of the two remaining men, one was covered from head to foot in iron-plate armour with a plumed helmet and a crested shield; the other is cloaked in black robes, only his dark eyes showing just like the green-eyed girl. Long knives and other death-weapons hung from his belt.

Half of the 17 contenders acknowledged Kendra’s arrival with almost imperceptible nods of the head, the rest didn’t even notice her. She turned to face the exultant crowd for the almost the last time. Suddenly a hush fell over the crowd as Baron Sukumvit stepped forward holding twelve bamboo sticks. Kendra drew one from his outstretched hand and read the word ‘eleventh’. After years of smaller battles and fights, while trying to find her family, it was time to attempt this Trial and put her skills to the test. the woman may have saved her life and taught her everything she needed to know to survive, but she had refused to tell Kendra one thing; where her family was.
Then the trial began! The knight was first. He saluted the crowd before disappearing into the tunnel, and was followed 15 minutes later by the elf. Almost everyone else gets their turn, both in groups and individually, until only Kendra and other barbarian stood there. Now it was her turn to salute the crowd. She held her violet aloft, then took one final deep breath of cool fresh air before turning to pass between the stone-pillared gateway into Sukumvit’s corridors of power, to face the unknown perils of ‘The Walk’ through the mighty baron’s Deathtrap Dungeon.

East turned North eventually, until finally, they reached the river Kok, where Sam had told a sailor what they were doing, and with much excitement, he granted them free passage onto his boat. Now they were starting ‘The Walk’. The clamour of the spectators gradually faded behind the group as they ventured deep into the gloom of the cavern tunnel. It reminded Aelric of the large hole belonging to the Sting Worm, except minus the slime, and he hoped it would stay that way. Large crystals hung from the tunnel room at 20m intervals, radiating a soft light, just enough for them to see their way. As their eyes gradually became accustomed to the near darkness, they began to see movement all around. Spiders and beetles crawled up and down the chiselled walls, disappearing quickly into cracks and crevices as they sensed people coming. Rats and mice scurried along the floor ahead of them, and Desiree had to bite her tongue to stop herself from screaming as she pressed her body into Aelric. Surprisingly, he didn’t seem to mind much as they kept walking. Droplets of water dripped into pools with an eerie plopping sound, which echoed down the tunnel. The air is cold, moist and dank, but after about five minutes, the group stopped at a stone table against the wall to the left. On it are 18 medium-sized boxes, each with a different name painted on its lid; there are five in the front with the group’s names.


Tagged:

@jdepisode, @EchoRavencroft, @CrazygirldY_dY_dY, @amberose, @daunt, @SilverRose, @amaiaxx21, @Littlefeets, @AnimeOtome, @Miumi.hp, @Caticorn, @Thecode004, @Wengliujing

For everyone: (if you are in a group then you’re welcome to discuss it in chat)

Do you wish to open your box?

  • Yes
  • No
  • Another option that I’ll mention on the chat thread

0 voters

Then shall you go West or East?

  • West
  • East
  • Another option that I’ll mention on the chat thread

0 voters

9 Likes

Oh gosh! Sorry, need to get onto this too.

To be continued…

4 Likes