Adventure Story ~ Official SG

The Group

Julian watched Sam’s newfound weapon agility as well, from his position next to Aelric, Elsie, and Dee. “Well, I believe you got lucky there, Sam.”
Aelric threw him an irritated look and attempted to get himself off the ground, aided by Elsie and Desiree on either side, though not happy about it. “Let’s just keep going north,” he snapped once he was standing.
“Wait, wait-” Julian put a hand on Aelric’s chest to stop him, which probably wasn’t the wisest of ideas, because if looks could kill then Julian would be dead. He moved his hand sharply. “I think it’d be stupid if we all didn’t have a boost; rejuvenate. And since we can’t really nap right now, maybe we should drink those concoctions that we bought a week ago at that flee market.”
Desiree turned to him but was slightly hesitant, “But what if we need them later? And we waste them by drinking them now?”
Ailbe was thinking again. She looked paler than normal, completely drained of energy. “I don’t think there is much left of this forest and I don’t think any of us will need it more than we need it right now.”
“Yeah, it’s a good idea. I’m going to drink mine now,” Sam chimed in, removing her pack.
Faye added, at the same time Ailbe was removing her bag as well and starting to dig into it. “Me too, I think you should.”
“Jesus, I’m exhausted, I’m going to join you, ladies,” he stated, also digging into his own pack.
While they were finding the potions in their bags, Aelric had decided that he didn’t need to take his one and to just move on early. He stepped backwards, but Elsie was on him before he could turn away. “I feel weak, I need to recover my strength,” she told him.
“Not my problem,” he replied.
“It is. You have a stamina potion, swap it with me?!”
“For what?”, he questioned, remembering the useless one that she’d bought on the day. “A stupid skill one? No, thank you, I think I’ll stick with mine.”
“For anything,” she replied. “For the fact that you don’t actually want my death on your hands, do you?” Elsie folded her arms, feeling confident that she’d be making the trade with him.
Aelric’s lip curled at the sound of this. He knew that she was right and he probably had to now, but he didn’t like it. He didn’t like being forced into it. So Aelric did what he did best, came up with a cunning plan where she would be the one to refuse, not him, and he’d get to keep it. He narrowed his eyes and started stroking his chin with his right hand, pretending to think about it. “Hmm… what do I want in return for the potion? I did pay three Gold Pieces for it, but it is more valuable now, being that everyone is taking theirs. So how about… a kiss?” He smirked.
Elsie was instantly shocked, had he really just asked for that? She looked around at the others for support, but only Faye looked like she had heard him. As she looked equally as shocked as Elsie. Elsie opened her mouth to speak, her heart was racing, “…A… a what?”
“You heard me,” he responded smugly, but then foolishly looked at Dee out of the corner of his eye. She wasn’t looking at them, so it was almost impossible to tell if she had heard. Except that her shoulders had tensed, so he knew.
“That’s really what you want?”, Elsie reaffirmed her question.
Aelric shifted uncomfortably, feeling not quite himself, and he was sure he didn’t like that. Laughing it off, he said, “No, I was teasing you, Elsie.” He noticed Dee’s shoulders relax immediately, as he removed his pack to take it out. “I’ll just take you skill position for it.” Though he still wasn’t happy about it.

After the four had taken their potions, they all waited another ten minutes for the wooziness to subside and the potion to take effect. Then they collected their bags together and started north again.
They walked along the narrow path until suddenly, they all heard the sharp crack of a twig breaking and the whispering of low voices. They stopped, clustered together, back-to-back and weapons were drawn. They waited anxiously. Then from behind the trees opposite Faye, stepped four men and a woman dressed in green tunics. Each looked more menacing and bigger than the other, and than them, which possibly meant their agility would be worse. But did the group want to find out if this was the case, as they watched the five surround them with swords and axes in their hands?
The young woman stepped forward and spoke angrily, “You are trespassing on our territory and you must pay a levy of five items from your backpack or face the consequences.”

Aelric
Skill: 12 (-2)
Stamina: 17
Luck: 9

Ailbe
Skill: 7
Stamina: 19

Elsie
Skill: 11
Stamina: 21

Faye
Skill: 10 (+1 skill)
Stamina: 15
Luck: 11 (+2 from ring)

Samantha
Stamina: 24
Luck: 6

Julian
Skill: 9
Stamina: 22

Desiree
Skill: 9 (+1 for attack with helmet) (+2 skill when using the sword)
Stamina: 9
Luck: 9 (+1)

What should you do?
Discuss TOGETHER in chat!

@jdepisode, @EpisodeLover_13, @Tellyg47, @Littlefeets, @Miumi.hp, @amaiaxx21 and @amberose

7 Likes
Adventure Story SG - Sign-ups and General Chat

The Group

Elsie, too, turned her head and replied, “Let’s just give it to them, we’re nearing the end of this forest and we’re all tired. Maybe I could give them some of my gold?”
“NO,” Aelric said abruptly, then turned his head to the group. “No gold. If you all really want to give them something, what about giving them crap? Those biscuits and that stone.”
“Yeah,” Desiree agreed. “And the necklace and flute. I could even hand over my potion.”
Faye continued on from Desiree while Aelric was skillfully getting out her potion with one hand. “If you’re giving them your fortune potion then I lose the healing one.”
Sam was thinking about what she could contribute and started to suggest something before being interrupted by Julian, “I could give-”
“No, we don’t need any more items, we have six,” Julian stated, as he watched Elsie delve into Faye’s pack, so offered to do the same for Ailbe.
When all six items were out of their bags, they passed them to Sam. In Sam’s hand were a tiny brass flute, a Potion of Fortune and one one of healing, a mouse skull necklace, the rod of Water-Finding, and a stone of a beast they had fought. She turned and handed them over, dropping them into the woman’s own hand. The young woman looked down at the items that now lay in her hand and curled her upper lip in distaste. She picked up the rock to examine it but ended up tossing it behind her. “A rock and same bones, not good enough,” she spat. “Two.” She held up two fingers as well, as if her two henchmen were too stupid to understand. The two largest males, either side of her, stepped forward and grabbed both Sam and Julian, then stepped back. Each one held their hostage horizontally under their arms. Sam and Julian’s arms were held down at their side, leaving them rather constricted.

Aelric

Ailbe

Elsie

Faye

Samantha

Julian

Desiree

What is your next move?

@jdepisode, @EpisodeLover_13, @Tellyg47, @Littlefeets, @Miumi.hp, @amaiaxx21 and @amberose

8 Likes

The Group

Aelric gritted his teeth and clenched his fist tightly around the handle of his blade, readying himself for a fight. He was furious as well as struggling to comprehend how those two had so easily been picked up like bugs.
From their newly horizontal position, Sam was shocked. Minutes she remained frozen, not quite believing what had just happened. Until finally, she began to struggle against the man who held her, to no avail. She looked across to Julian, who was in the same position and had even less movement than she did, but was not giving up. Julian was yelling at the man who held him, “Ahhh, you hideous fiend! Put me down. Why don’t you pick on someone your own size?”
The henchman that held Julian sniffed the air. Then for the first time, he spoke up, “…I never thought I’d miss the smell of gnome!”
“Congratulations. You’ve gone nose deaf,” Julian mocked. “Now how about a fair fight? You put me down and I’ll show you how this dwarf can beat you in battle without breaking a sweat.”
While Julian and Sam were carrying on, the others were discussing their best options. Aelric looked adamant on fighting them, but Desire, knowing that this was a bad idea, put a hand on his shoulder as if to say, “Not a good time.”
Ailbe suggested, “How about we barter with them? Give them more items.”
“Because we just saw how well that went,” Elsie added. “I say we give them gold pieces. How about 10?”
“12!”, came a loud voice from behind them. It was the woman answering them, as if to say, “So I’ve been able to hear your conversation the whole time. Hurry up.”
Suddenly feeling watched and a little violated, the group tensed and agreed to give them the gold. Banding together, they collected the gold from their packs to make up a total of 12 now in Elsie’s hand. She stepped forward and gave the young woman the gold. The young woman looked at the gold in her hand and nodded. “I suppose this will suffice,” she stated nonchalantly while gesturing to her henchmen with her other hand to let Sam and Julian down, which they did. Then as fast as they appeared, they receded back into the forest again.

It took the group about 10 minutes to gather themselves and regain their bearings, and stop Julian and Aelric from chasing after those bandits. Once they had, they headed north again and soon noticed the trees beginning to thin out on either side of the path. Eventually, the path led out of the trees to a ploughed field. They were out of Darkwood Forest!
The path led through the field to a stone bridge over a clear stream. Beyond the bridge were the small cottages and wooden huts of the village. A sign at the end reads ‘Stonebridge’. Before crossing the bridge, Elsie realised that she didn’t possess the other part of the hammer and they had failed their quest to help the dwarfs. They are unable to face Gillibran, the king, without the hammer. Consulting Bigleg’s map, Elsie announced, “We need the second part of the hammer. We can either walk around Darkwood Forest and enter the forest from Yaztromo’s tower again? Or perhaps just head east, find a place to rest after this perilous journey and try to find other adventure to undergo?”

Aelric

Ailbe

Elsie

Faye

Samantha

Julian

Desiree

Start the adventure again to find the second half or end it here and start a new quest?

5 Likes
Adventure Story SG - Sign-ups and General Chat

TO BE CONTINUED…

(smiling_imp)

2 Likes