Advice for stories where you can choose LI and MC genders?

So it’s a common thing to choose your preferred gender for the majority of LI characters, and a less common thing to do so for MCs, but I’m still not sure what coding changes need to be made, aside from height and using gains and stuff like that.

1 Like

@Dara.Amarie

Wasn’t her advice to branch it into 2 separate stories entirely instead of changing a few things?

1 Like

hm, this is my first time using this choice option, so yeah it was her advice.

Oh I thought you just had to change some height and dialogue and stuff which sounds like it’d be prone to mistakes but it’d take fewer lines

1 Like

You’d have to create separate story lines in each episode. One for the female MC and one for the male MC - Dara.

Well but if you use the becomes feature at the start right after cc time, MC becomes MC MALE, for example, then you can use the same actor and just change its appearance to male or female. You’d have to use only gender neutral actions and maybe change a few (for example the flirt ones can get weird)

1 Like

I’ve probably read what you’ve written wrong, but if you use opposite genders for the @CHARACTER1 becomes CHARACTER2 code it won’t work

1 Like

Oh? I tried it in my test story but I can try again?

1 Like

Maybe I’m wrong :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

hmm it seems a lil buggy but that’s probably just the preview thingy

1 Like

But from my experience writing a story where you can choose gender, the main things that I have to change is outfit names, pronouns, occasional dialogue and with height I write the female storyline first so the male isn’t short because of Limelight’s weird height difference

1 Like

so much work. :scream:

Yeah it’s even more work when when you add in the choice for LI’s gender :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Oh the weird height thing kills me, if only it were reversed

1 Like

Oh this story I’m planning is gonna kill me instantly

2 Likes

Thank god for the cntrl+f function so you don’t have to change the code individually!

1 Like

A lot of things but the coding part is still easy for me it’s always hard to create separate outfits all the time and to remind myself that it has to look logical.

1 Like

How so?

1 Like

my laptop is very laggy with the clothing section so it takes forever to load and that is so annoying! and with the logical part. let’s just say you need to remind you’re self that a man for example doesn’t usually go to a woman’s restroom? if you get what I mean

1 Like