Advice on Dialogue

I’d like some advice for my story. Feedback would be appreciated!
So, I was wondering…
What exactly would you do if your worst enemy, who everyone else also happens to hate… saves your life? (Just pretend you have an archenemy if you don’t.) This would really be helpful to me because I’m having trouble with dialogue. This is kind-of-sort-of an enemies-to-lovers kind of thing (you’ll understand what I mean if you read the story.)

Btw she hates him because she’s convinced that he’s the one who hurt her family

1 Like

I would probably =

• thank them then move on with life like normal
1 Like

Id say thanks a bunch.stay breezy and be safe. Then id go about my day like it aint even happen :joy:

1 Like

Well if the the rivalry is mutual, wouldn’t that mean these two characters see each other differently? Think about it…you hate him, he hates you. They hate him, he hates them. All of a sudden (or not suddenly) he comes out of his shell and shows his true colors; he isn’t actually some cold-hearted ___, right?

• anyway I wouldn’t see them the same anymore, I’d be suspicious quite frankly :joy:
1 Like

-as her perspective: why? why did he do this? why now? why ever? yk…

1 Like

I know, but… I’m still stuck. I’m thinking that either she’s:
-Grateful and confused
or
-Suspicious and confused (grateful, too, but she doesn’t want to show it)

Actually, you’ve given me a great idea; the reader can choose whether they want to be thankful or suspicious! Thank you! (:

1 Like

she sounds stubborn to her own feelings :sweat_smile: but anytime!

1 Like

Realistically I probably won’t say anything and cave into myself until they leave. If I think they hurt my family, I’d still probably have nothing to do or say to them. Bad people can donate to charity and still won’t make them less of a bad person

1 Like

He didn’t. She just suspected him

Yea, I know. She’d probably have second thoughts, but I doubt her suspicions would completely absolve. What does he save her from?

1 Like

That’s a surprise :wink: it’ll spoil the story

1 Like

She’s a stubborn girl :joy:

1 Like

Well, I would be suspicious af because my “enemy” is a goody two shoes who everybody loves and thinks they could do no wrong. So I would be like “ok, where are the cameras!?” This b-tch has it out for me foe years so yeah I would be really suspicious. And they always act like I was the one to do them wrong. It would be a cold day in h*ll before she did anything genuinely nice for me. For this situation it depends how sure she is that he hurt them. If she has doubts show them.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.