Advice on LL or INK

Hi!

So, I really didn’t like Limelight when it first came out and all my stories are written in INK. My favorite story I’m writing (which has a lot left to tell) I’m seriously considering re-writing in Limelight because of the fact that there’s more options now as far as looks and I can make the characters look more like how I picture them in my head.

My only concern is that my (few) readers will have to re-read the story, because I don’t plan on changing anything in the chapters, just the characters would look different as it would be in the new style. OR since I just finished a chapter, I was thinking of making that the end of a “season” and starting a new story (season) in LL to continue where the INK story leaves off. But that almost seems like too much work for the reader to then have to find the new story to continue their journey… and readers would also lose points and gains and such from the INK story.

I’m interested to see what others think, or if anyone has been in the situation before? I don’t have that many readers, so maybe it wouldn’t be that big of a deal? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Thanks in advance for any advice / opinions! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

As far as I’m concerned, I never have a problem with re-reading stories created in another style if I enjoy the story a lot. Moonlit feathers by @wincyyellow , for example, started her ongoing story in the style INK, but is also working on an LL version of it as well. Also yeah, like you stated above, readers from the original INK season would lose any points/gains they may have earned in the first story. So I believe the best way to go about it is finishing your INK story, then consider working on an LL one. :grin:

2 Likes

So you’re saying to completely finish the INK version before re-doing it in LL? Just want to make sure I read that right :slight_smile: Thank you!

1 Like

I believe it would be easier that way, but you definitely do have to! As I mentioned in my previous reply, Moonlit Feathers author Wincy Yellow isn’t finished with her INK version yet, but still decided to work on an LL version as well. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I think you should finish the ink version and the rewrite it in LL but on a new story. This way people who dislike LL can still read it enjoyably.

1 Like

Thanks! :slight_smile:

You should totally write in LL. Episode actually updates this style, so it’ll have more benefits.

1 Like

Thanks for your input! I agree, that’s another one of the reasons I’m thinking about doing LL because it’s actually updated. I think I’m leaning towards doing both styles. I’m really excited to try it in LL because the story’s main characters are vampires and demons and such and it’s nice to have the more ‘inhuman’ skin color options in LL :wink:

1 Like