Advice on something?

I don’t want to add romance to my story. But I think the community feels different since my poll was 50% to 50%. I’m afraid no one will like it if it doesn’t have romance. I don’t know if I want to listen to them or to myself. Any advice? I’ve always thought that I should write my story the way I want it but maybe I’m wrong.

• Don’t add it!
  • Add it!

0 voters

2 Likes

You could always make it so that the choices you make determines whether a romance blossoms or doesn’t happen? Then everyone gets a choice. I mean, if someone doesn’t like romance, they can just friendzone the LI :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Well… OK. I guess what the community thinks is best :pensive:

1 Like

What genre is it?

1 Like

I personally only read stories with romance, because that’s what I like. Still, I do not think you should add romance if you dont want to, just to get the romance lovers to read your story.
Listen to you!

3 Likes

its your story do what you want you are writhing for yourself not others.

3 Likes

Not necessarily. What would you like to do as the author of your story? If there wasn’t an audience to please?

1 Like

Does that make a difference?

1 Like

only if its romance(and maybe drama )

1 Like

Sorta if it were horror I wouldn’t add it mystery maybe

1 Like

I personally would have a much harder time finishing a story if it wasnt what I wanted to write.

4 Likes

If the genre’s romance… definitely add romance XD but that’s pretty self-explanatory, I hope. Otherwise, I don’t think so. Love can hit you anywhere, anytime.

2 Likes

I guess it’s a little but of everything (except romance). I put it in horror because that’s what it’s mainly focusing on.

1 Like

Write it the way you want. Romance doesn’t make a story better than a story without it.
You should always listen to yourself, that will be the only way to stay motivated.

4 Likes

My opinion:-
Don’t add something you don’t want or like to your story, don’t feel like you’re forced to do specific things to your story.
At the end, it’s your story and not the community’s story, if people want romance in it then they can create their own stories that have romance in it or they can read other stories that contain romance.
But you should never change something in your story because people want it, that’s not the point of making your own story, the whole point of making your own story is making a story based on your rules and likings and not making a story based on what people like/want.
Also the point of making a story is not worrying about the number of reads that you get because just like how some people like having romance in stories some don’t like having romance in stories, so don’t worry you’ll find a lot of people reading your story.
And lastly the whole point of making your own story is also having fun while writing your story, don’t feel like you’re pressured to write anything, the point is to enjoy writing stories

The reality:-
But we can’t deny that most of this community likes reading romance stories, so if you’re concerned about getting your number of reads higher then add romance in your story but if you don’t care about the number of reads that you get then listen to my opinion above.

4 Likes

It’s your story focus on what you want and not what others want!

2 Likes

Add an option to have romance. Best way.

1 Like

I’ve decided that having romance as an option or making romance a choice isn’t what I want to do. I’ve made up my mind that I straight up don’t want romance. I don’t care if my reads decrease, I want to to what I feel comfortable with! Thank you all for the advice :heart:

8 Likes