Advice on writing an intersex main character …

hey so i’m writing an story soon and i want the love interest to be intersex as they would be a female from the waist up and male from the waist down and her pronoun would be she / her . i’ve done some research on intersexuality but i want to make sure i am representing them the proper way and not want to offend anybody who are … if that makes sense . my story is an supernatural and my main character is a vampire but their werewolf side is dormant from past trauma that i don’t want spoil … because them being intersex would play a role of what made them and how they overcome and having to feel comfortable in their own body and makes them … them . any advice would be very much appreciated .

1 Like

or anything i should avoid of writing about an intersex character . . .

Just do your research and if you like it do it just maybe make the pronouns they/them

1 Like

Its great that you are asking these questions. I am an intersex person and media consultant who regularly consults on TV, Film and Theater projects involving intersex. You can reach me at KimberlyZieselman DOT com. Also, here is a great new resource I consulted on for writing about intersex published by the Think Tank for Inclusion and Equity . Go to the TTIE website and look under Education and fact sheets (I tried to add the link here but its not allowed)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.