Advice thread? I think so!

Hey guys! I’m back on the forums!

I’d just like to say thank you to everyone for all your love and support. Without you, I wouldn’t be where I am now!

Let’s get right into it:

Want story related advice, life advice, anything advice? IM HERE!!

1 Like

I’m lacking inspiration for my stories. These days I don’t feel inspired at all to write on Episode : (

What should I do?

Please help, thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Have you ever considered going on a long walk and refreshing your mind? That always works for me!! Or maybe do something of that nature. Anything that relaxes you and makes you feel at ease!!

1 Like

Thank you for the advice :smile:

1 Like

No problem!! :slight_smile:

Advice for when I feel like my story isn’t good enough? (too cliche, not enough dialogue, too much narration, etc…)
whenever I ask for my friends to check my story out, they always tell me it’s perfectly fine, but I’m too afraid to publish bc I feel like it just isn’t enough :disappointed_relieved:

Have you tried sharing your stories with other Episode community members? It may seem a bit daunting, but I think that sharing your story with 1-3 people that aren’t familiar with who you are is helpful, especially if they have experience with writing Episode stories. This way you’ll get honest and helpful feedback.

And don’t worry about your story not being good enough. It might not be perfect, but any start is a good start! You can only get better at a skill, and sometimes putting yourself out there is the thing you need to start improving and growing as a writer! :slight_smile:

I personally get a lot of inspiration from watching videos and reading books, whether it be Netflix documentaries, YouTube videos, dystopian novels, etc… because I often find myself going "Ooh! That’s such a clever concept!’ or “Wow, I really want to write a dystopian story now!” and I end up writing stories with similar themes and ideas that those stories had. Even if I don’t publish them, it’s still good practice.

So honestly, my advice is to just discover new things! Read books, watch movies, play video games, etc… you might stumble upon something you really like and want to write about!

1 Like

Thanks, you’re right I haven’t thought about sharing it with others on the forums since I’m pretty insecure about it…I’ll probably look into doing that once an art scene is complete for a chapter! Do you recommend any threads for me to post a story review request on?

Thanks ^^

I’ll keep that advice in mind : )

Closed as topic is too broad to fit into any one category on the forums. Please refrain from creating topics with unspecified discussions or that encourage spamming. Thanks :slight_smile: