Advice to help with all-nighters

Hello, so I’m kind of a person who does a lot of all nighters and it’s been an on and off thing since I was very young, maybe about 7? I need advice on how to avoid all nighters as I know they are not healthy especially if there is no reason for them at all. I always have issues with sleeping but as I’m aware I don’t have insomnia, so I think it’s just my luck… any help? It’s actually 5:29am as I’m typing this, I’m just asking for advice on how to fall asleep faster. Anyone know?

This is a very weird topic I’m aware :flushed:

3 Likes

My advice is probably not going to help you depending on your age, but as someone who always had issues with sleep, the only thing that actually got me into a consistent routine of sleeping was getting a full time job.
If you’re still in school, that’s obviously not an option. But some tips I was told in my teen years that honestly didn’t do shit for me but might help you is to drink chamomile tea half an hour before bed and to also turn off all electronic devices.

2 Likes

I understand your struggle completely! I’ve often struggled with just turning my brain off before bed.
I will say that something that kind of helps is making sure I have a full day ahead of me. It almost seems like the later and later I sleep in the day the longer it will take me that night to fall asleep.
Some sleep is also better than no sleep so if you’re having to choose between getting a couple hours and staying awake I would say get the couple hours.
There are also ways you can help with sleeping such as essential oils, taking melatonin (if you’re a minor please don’t take any new vitamins without talking to your parents or a trusted healthcare worker), turning your phone off/putting it away a bit before bed, etc.

2 Likes

Study. This past few weeks have been incredibly unhealthy for me, I didn’t have anything to do while my college was on break due to COVID and I ended up not being able to go to sleep until 6/7 AM. Once college starts again and I have a ton of lectures to study, my brain tires out on its own and I can go to bed at 12 PM without being insomniac. So yes, studying for 3/4 hours before sleep is the best medicine.

2 Likes

Thank you everyone! I’ll take your advice into consideration, currently my phone charges literally right next to me so it’s VERY hard to ignore it. But I will definitely try! Thank you

1 Like

Have you seen a professional about this?

No I haven’t I dont think it’s an issue or something. I just have very hard time going to sleep, although it has been going on for awhile so I may need to tell someone about it soon

Yeah I suggest consulting a doctor, especially if it’s been persistent and long-term. You might end up needing to take sleeping meds. All I can suggest besides that is the general advice of eating properly/balanced diet, and regular exercise, going outdoors for sunlight and fresh air, sleeping at the same time every night and waking at the same time each morning to regulate your circadian rhythm. This is when I feel most healthy and can sleep without issue.

1 Like

ok im like that too…
so…
:rose: Turn off ut compooter 2 hrs before going to sleep
:rose: Give urself at least 15 mintues a day to just think yk
idk if this helps but now i go to sleep at like 1am :rofl:

1 Like

Same here, I’ve been sleeping late. Not healthy at all :sweat:. I have realized that I need to get back to the gist of working out to get tired. Maybe you can try that out? It helps a lot.

2 Likes

I advise listening to talk-downs on YouTube! They’re super calming and especially helpful if you’re looking for a way to relax your mind. I usually fall asleep every time I listen to them. Just be careful not to become too reliant on them!

1 Like

I totally understand this issue
I have really bad insomnia and have always been a night owl
My main issue was sleep deprivation collapsing after school (which I hope isn’t happening to you)
Something that I found that helped me quite a bit was exercising towards the end of the day. Especially if I work out hard I’ll be tired and have a easier time falling asleep!
I also recommend sleepy music or those videos of a guy reading the entire Encyclopedia
I hope this helps!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.