Affectionate name poll 😽

hi! sometimes i call people ‘babe’, ‘love’, or ‘bby’ but i don’t mean it in a romantic way, it’s just platonic. i do it to lots of people regardless of feelings. anyways, i get that it makes some people feel awkward or uncomfortable so i want to have a poll on whether or not you’re okay with it! please vote honestly and try to comment the reason why if it’s not too personal :heart: thank you.

• i’m okay with it
  • i don’t feel comfortable with it
  • it depends on the situation
0 voters

this poll does show who voted btw !

& btw, i meant on forums/instagram with someone who isn’t a troll to all those who will vote and who have voted :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

I’m totally okay with it, as long as it’s not in a creepy way. Like,
‘Hey babe, you’re really hot. I wanna get to know you’ is going to make me flip and freak out. But just calling me babe or bby in a platonic affectionate way is fine.

3 Likes

You had this on your insta story too right?? :joy::joy: Yeah I accidentally pressed for that… :joy::joy: Oh well but yeah I’m fine with it tbh I basically agree with what @_haruka said

2 Likes

everyone is darling for me lmao

1 Like

yeahh lmao i just wanted to make sure it wasnt creepy or somethin like that aha

It’s fine. I might panic at first, though. I’m very old-fashioned, I prefer “dear”, “honey”, things like that.

forever missing you Jeyson :cry:

2 Likes

I’m cool with it, I have irl friends that I call "babe: “bby” “my gf” etc. It depends whether or not she’s chill or nah and it also depends on the closeness .

Otherwise, I don’t name my male friends since it’s weird and awkward :grimacing:
Also, I call them that in a friendly or humor way possible…

1 Like

haha same, for me it’s just a thing i do. doesn’t really mean anything but it’s just who i am and something i do :woman_shrugging: tbh i like people calling me something like that if it’s not creepy lmao

1 Like

same, but I mostly name my friends “bruh” “fam” “dude” because I don’t like being too girly and they don’t as well. So yeah, they’re fine with it, they also call me that as well anyways I’m going off topic, cOuGh Nobody get’s to call me any names if that stranger is not my friend, no sir. :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

Some people I let call me things like that, but it’s usually just my close friends, outside of that, being called pet names makes me uncomfortable.

1 Like

It doesn’t make me feel uncomfortable, it’s more of the fact that I would rather be called that by someone who loves me like my bf or smth (if I ever even get one rip) but yeah it’s not really uncomfortable for me i don’t really care if people call me it, I would just rather be called something different by my friends

1 Like

When I dated I was fine with the names, I myself was a master of making the most embarassing affectionate names lol no wonder he left me
My friends and my sisters and I just call each other endearring names all the time anyway, it’s how we communicate
If I don’t know you though and you call me baby, it’s weird

3 Likes

It depends…sometimes it’s awkward, sometimes it isn’t :blue_heart:

1 Like

bumP

bump.

My friends and I call each other that and talked about marrying each other lol. But that cause we are close enough to acknowledge that it wasn’t serious and it was just fun and games. But if it’s a stranger or maybe someone I haven’t been friends with for long… then I’d be uncomfortable. :grimacing::grimacing:

1 Like

bump

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.