After how many chapters should you add support choices to your story?

Although I think it’s nonsense nowadays you have to add support the author or early access/skip-the-wait options. But from when does that have to be in order to make your story higher in the ranks? Right in the 1st chapter or later? ( This is not a question for what you personally like but what you have to do to get your story higher in the rank. Not trying to be rude. :sweat_smile: :grimacing:)

I only use support gems, and I add them from chapter 2 onward. I feel weird asking for gems in chapter 1 because it’s pass-free.

1 Like

Since you can’t publish until you have 3 chapters, I don’t see the point of adding it until the 3rd chapter. If they like the story, they will read the first 3 together. Plus, I find it really gives them a chance to get to know the characters and plot before you go asking for support.

1 Like

That’s what I also thought but I see some people do it and thought maybe it’s new that you have to do it immediately :joy::woman_shrugging:

You can add it whenever you want. You can add it every chapter, or every 4 chapters. It’s up to you.

1 Like

Good to know thank you😂

I put it since chapter one and according to my data, some people did choose to support or buy points since the first chapter. So I’d say add it if you want to because there’s a chance people will buy it and help your rank :wink:

1 Like

But I just want people to read to read not to pay to read. You are right but It feels wrong :sweat_smile:

They’re not paying to read though, I’m not talking about early access (I personally don’t use it either), but optional support choices. They can choose to support or not! I got a lot of people who spent gems on my story because they liked it, which is the reason it got reviewed and on the trending section. I think it’s a good way to get your story noticed while not forcing them to pay, they only do it if they really want to :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I know you didn’t :joy: but maybe you’re right tho

1 Like

Haha at the end of the day it’s really up to what you feel comfortable with! I think it really helps with the ranks, but you should only add it if you really want to.

1 Like

Okay :joy::heart: Thank you

1 Like