Age Gap between MC and LI Recommendations?

Hi there,

I am making a story and I prefer if the MC (woman) is younger than her LI (man). Do you have any age gap recommendations? Because I am thinking of a woman 4 - 6 years younger than her LI.

Please comment below :slight_smile:

4 Likes

21 26.

1 Like

I’d say it strongly depends on your story, its genre and the characters themselves.

For example: If you’re writing a high school romance, I’d say 2 yrs max. between the MC and the LI. The age should also depend on whether you intend involving sexual content. In this case they would be the same age (but that’s just my personal preference!).

If they are both adults, then 4 - 6 years are fine. But to be honest, I hardly read stories where the age had a major impact on the story. So, in the end, it really depends on how much you think the age gap matters.

4 Likes

If they’re not in school then 22-26 :blush:

1 Like

Moved to Share Feedback since you’re asking for help with story ideas. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :smiley:

1 Like

I think it’s gonna be fine. As long as it isn’t a school story

1 Like

If they’re in school then no more than 2 years

My previous relationship with a guy 1 year older than me in school was awkward enough

If they’re out of school, 21 and 25 or 22 and 26 maybe?

3 Likes

In high school, not more than 2 yrs. As an adult maybe 5-6 years

2 Likes

I agree with everyone else on here if thy are in High school than 2 years max. But if they are out of high school then I would say 5 years and below is the best for age gap. Just my preference though

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.