Ages for main characters

Hi I just wanted to know:What ages would you give your main chars?

I write a story and Idk which ages my main chars should have.

2 Likes

It depends on your story. If you write a high school story, then it would make sence if the MC is 16 or 17.

My MC’s, for example, are 28 and 24. :slight_smile:

1 Like

well my main char is supposed to be 20 and she should be an agent is that too young or?

1 Like

i mean it depends how she became an agent i guess. in some countries, children are recruited at young ages and trained to do really dangerous stuff. if u wanted her to get there as an agent as her career choice, i’d say early 30s at least. again, depends on her back story and how she got to where she is now.

2 Likes

thx for ur advice :blush:

1 Like

My two MCs in my current story are 21 at the start and 22 towards the end of the story. However, I do like to read stories about teenagers or even people in their late 20s. The age is not important to me if I love the storyline. :relieved:

1 Like

I usually make mine 18- 22 but that’s just because that’s around the age I am

2 Likes

Yeah, it just depends. Like in the US becoming an agent at 20 as a career is unlikely because you’d mainly have to finish college first or have some degree. But Luther countries may be different (or other really good reasons)

1 Like

My Mc for a story I’m working on rn is 28 but the ages differ cause some of my others are 17, 30, 18, :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

It truly depends on the story and setting you need. Any WIP of mine personally has main characters that are at least 20 if not a few years older, but that’s because I want to deal with more complex and mature issues. Also, like hell I’m writing about main characters who are teenagers having sex.

4 Likes

It would depend on the story.
My MCs are usually in their mid-20s.
One exception is a story I have where you play as the mother (37) and the daughter (18).

1 Like

Just remember the story can’t be about someone less than 16 :relieved:

1 Like

All of my characters are full grown adults

1 Like