Agree or Disagree

:raised_hands:t5::raised_hands:t5::raised_hands:t5:

Some of the art scenes detract from the story. And it’s really bad when you customize your characters to look like you… and the art scenes return you back to the reality that this story wasn’t made with characters that look like you at all… :woman_facepalming:t4:

4 Likes

:flushed: :thinking:

:sweat_smile::joy::rofl:

1 Like

Ikr!! Lmaooo. I mean it’s the author’s story, but still :weary:

Plus I find art scenes kind of boring, bc there’s no movement, and all I see are speech bubbles popping up at mouths that aren’t even moving, or just a lot of narration.

4 Likes

THIS!!!

2 Likes

LMAOO. Its facts!:joy:

2 Likes

Peiord😂

1 Like

Exactly, and it gets boring. They be wanting to add so much details, like we get it. I have to keep tapping the screen while I fall asleep😂

3 Likes

lmfaoooooo I can’t​:joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Exactly it makes no sense

1 Like

I mean when you think about it, what’s the point in having art scenes if you’re going to let the reader customize the characters? Doesn’t it ruin the experience?

4 Likes

THIS!!!

1 Like

Yes i read a story where the art scene was the entire chapter. And then the next chapter was another art scenes. And it was almost all there happened in it. I gave a pass for this. And they where not even good art.

2 Likes

Exactly. It’s just a waste of passes and on top of that it’s unnecessary :bangbang::bangbang::bangbang:

2 Likes

Sir!!! You GET me!!! I agree with you 1000%… because … why let us customize the characters and you have art scenes that remind me that the type of diversity that I am inserting into the story to feel more included by making the character look like me, do not mean anything. Especially whenmy type of character is not in the story at all, and that art scene shatters the imagination of diversity that I tried to trick myself into getting out of this story in the first place!!! :woman_shrugging:t4:

For me… there are some really awesome stories that are written well and are really enjoyable to read… so, having customization makes me feel better about reading the story, because I can make the character look aesthetically pleasing to me and in my image. Because let’s face it majority of the Major Writers on this platform that are celebrated and promoted are not heavily melanated :woman_shrugging:t4: So, if most of the characters do not look like me… it really makes it hard for me to enjoy reading it. So if there are art scenes in every chapter where the main character is 50 shades lighter than the customized character I was allowed to make… it just kinda throws off the whole vibe I’m trying to get.

3 Likes

You see there… passes being wasted on art scenes that we don’t even like… :woman_facepalming:t4:

3 Likes

Here’s my two cents: POV of an artist & author, in case anyone cares…

Generally, I like them if they stay under two/three minutes and there is actual dialogue going on, not just narration. It’s also annoying if there’s an art scene in every chapter. On this, I agree.

What about Customization? Like let’s be real, many of the popular stories with art scenes have light skinned MCs, which compared to how many of their readers look… That’s a whole other topic, but yes, I can understand that for many, it can be very jarring and low-key depressing. On this, I can understand, although personally, it doesn’t bother me too much.

BUT I think that art scenes are very good at “showing” things that are hard to do otherwise on Episode, using the animations given bc it’s also kinda boring if there’s just narration without art scenes, too.

… And yes, I understand that sometimes the art might not always look aesthetic, but ngl I don’t think that it’s a very kind thing to do to attack the art… :sweat_smile: After all, not all people have the money or resources to pay for beautiful commissioned art.

Ultimately, it is the author’s choice whether or not they want to add art scenes. I can usually sit through them, but if I have to, I just click out :joy:

5 Likes

I appreciate your perspective especially being a writer and artist :woman_artist:t5: yourself!!! So I am not in disagreement with anything you have said.

I am just sensitive to issues that go beyond just the art scenes as I am sure you noticed in my little novel up above…

Naturally it is the writers choice in everything pertaining to their story. How they want to create it, what images they want to set forth etc. I have read stories that have customization and art scenes where the writer advised the reader that there will be discrepancies within the art scene experience if customization is selected for the story. That for me was very important. Just a warning :warning: helps tremendously. It’s just that small token of preparation that makes me feel that the writer is aware that people customize characters for various reasons, and they want the reader to still feel included.

3 Likes

I agree with your statement about art FAQs and warnings; That was very beautifully said.

2 Likes

Thank you very much. :relaxed:

2 Likes

No but I personally feel why even make them 2-3 minutes period. And adding dialogue part of it, makes it even weirder. Just do a couple narration or watever and then get beck to the actual characters with their actual dialogue

3 Likes