Henlo. It’s ya boi.
So, uh, if any of you have read Grace, or Queen, you may know of Alden. And maybe, some of you hate him as much as I do. So, let’s talk about him.
- I sincerely think that Alden is at fault for all that happened in Grace. His arrogant attitude and, “you’re mine” attitude brought a lot of shit towards Grace. INCLUDING, the fact that he had someone ASSAULTED because he was interested in Grace.
- Another big thing - Mei. When she was introduced, I liked her. She was innocent, dragged into the same situation as Alden. She DID NOT seem like an evil bitch, at first, except maybe acting rude towards Grace (which, we have to see has negative, as she’s our MC). It was Alden’s fault that she went nutzo and tried to force herself on him. If maybe, he had just explained to her his situation. “Hey, I was dragged into this arranged marriage, just like you. Let’s keep this cordial, I’m sorry, but I can’t force myself to love you.”
- AND US, AS THE READERS, are supposed to view Alden as one of the good guys. Despite the fact that HE is doing the SAME THINGS as his enemies. Kidnapping. Murdering. Just because we’re looking through his lens, we’re supposed to think he’s the good guy. While most of the time, he’s doing the same shit as the people we’re supposed to hate.
- Now. Queen. I’m liking this entry so far, more than Grace, and maybe a bit more then Blake. Queen seems like a strong character, and she’s finally showing Alden some disrespect, as everyone should be doing.
- But, Alden is still a Big Chad in this story. He’s really the main source of conflict. Queen wants to join his mafia. He says no, because she’s a girl. He’s kinda showing his true colors, isn’t he? That’s sexist as hell.
- Alright, alright. My final point (for now). Alden is being a HUGE HYPOCRITE IN THIS STORY. He’s saying that his daughter, who clearly has the skills and desire to join the mafia, cannot. While his son, who really doesn’t seem like he WANTED to be the succesor, is forced to. ALL BECAUSE HE’S A DUDE! “Oh, my son? I don’t care as much about him. He’ll be heir to my mafia, where he could get tortured and murdered, and much worse. All because he was born with certain gentials! But my daughter? Oh, no. I care more about her, she can’t do these things, because she’s a girl! She can’t be tainted and turned into a savage murderer, but my son can, because who cares, right?”