All Episode Opinions

This thread is a place for people to share their opinions on episode related things. There are some rules for this thread that must be followed though.

Rules:

• Do not mention or ‘call out’ other’s for any reason! If you mention someone make sure it is for positive reasons.
  • Make sure to be civil.
  • Do not be rude to others because you do not agree with their opinion. Talk about it without making it personal.
  • Make sure to stay on topic and follow forum rules!

Opinions:
Feel free to share your opinions about anything episode related. That may be different cliques, tropes, features, episode featured stories, character styles, etc. Always try to explain why you believe what you do. It keeps conversation open and going.

My Opinions

Cliques: I am not a fan of romance cliques you see a lot (bad boy, c.e.o, mary sue). I can’t get into them because I have seen them to much and I don’t like the themes they are built on most times. Almost any other genre clique I am alright with though.
Features: I really don’t like Arched Bushy Eyebrows for the guys. They do not appeal to me because I can’t take them seriously. I don’t like the long tapered widows peak hair either. It looks like some super villain hair from a children’s show to me. That works for certain stories and character’s but I can not take it seriously. I love the Medium Messy Fluffy Parted hair for guys. It is just so fluffy! I have mixed feelings about the High Spiral Pigtail Hair for girls. It is cute sure but it just looks so thin to me. I love the Short Flipped Wavy Solid hair for girls! It just looks so pretty to me. That could be because when I was younger I wanted that hair cut.
Episode Featured Stories: I can’t say much on these because I don’t play these. I only play through community stories because featured gem choices drive me crazy.
Character Styles: I stand with limelight. I love INK considering that is the style that was used when I first started reading on episode. I just think the shading on the limelight character’s is what wins it over for me. I won’t turn a story away because it is in INK though.

3 Likes

I don’t really like limelight, I refuse to read a limelight story it just seems so unnatural for me idkk.
I don’t read featured stories either…WHY? bc they ask you to use gems and I feel gems are dumb. Some episode features are super ugly TO ME and I refuse to use them unless I’m using it on a character that’s ‘mean’ or something. I don’t really mind cliques, I mean it’s always nice to read a bad boy falls for good girl story as long as it’s not SUPER predictable.

3 Likes

On the forums go crazy and get very angry about some stories. I am not going to call anyone out, but I have seen some pretty bad things on here. Like just because the author can’t see it, that doesn’t mean it’s okay??
Also, I love Ink and Limelight equally. I want and will use both. I think Episode should still be updating Ink though, since so many people still use it and a lot still prefer it over Limelight.
THE FEATURED STORIES ON THE APP NEED TO BE BETTER.
Please they need to fixed.
I don’t read them anymore, but when I used to like I loved them. Secret of the Rain, Mean Girls, and I Married a Prince. I loved those stories so much :joy:

2 Likes

I loved Mean Girls! It came out not to long after I really got into episode.

2 Likes

Yep same here!!! xxx

1 Like

I truly dislike LL but I feel like if a story is truly written good then the story’s style just doesn’t matter to me. There’s such a beautiful LL story that I wish I could remember the name; it’s one of my favorites and I think it’s like one of the very few LL stories I’ll actually ever read.

2 Likes

I don’t like full character customization and choosing my name :sweat_smile:. idk it just seems unnatural to me and I want to play as who the author envisioned me as. I don’t love no CC either cuz I might end up with a character who has odd or non matching features (ex: haircolor and eyebrow color) and it would bug me. Limited CC is the best, and I have it in all my stories because it’s like I envisioned my character but the reader still gets some input. I also never let my reader name their character, because that’s my preference, and all my characters names usually have some deeper meaning.

1 Like