All for you (not the song) Italian, French, Spanish, Indian, Christian, Chinese, and African culture thread!

Hey, it’s Neha! Thanks for clicking on this thread.
In my story, I want to celebrate culture, diversity, being able to express yourself in the way you want to, and self-love.
My story is about assassins and there are ten in total. Each of them are from a different country and have a different background. In the title of the topic, I listed different ethnicities. In this community, there are people of all different backgrounds. For me to be accurate and not offensive, I need people to help me! I know Italian people get offended because people use the Italian mafia. Or in some stories, there are misinterpretations of Hispanic people and culture.
To avoid this, I made this thread! Please respond to help me :blush:
Thank you! :))
Lots of love xxx
Here are some random tags (of some great people)
@Amphia @emmastarz @hollywood.episode @Caity09 @ciciliano @queen.sofia @GennieG @TheTalkingLlamma @Aquabelle @pilot @Annarobbie @tanmayi0130 @xxOlivia_Meganxx
SORRY IF YOU DIDN’T WANT TO BE TAGGEDDD !! :expressionless:

23 Likes

Hi! I’m Hispanic:) What exactly do you need help with?

2 Likes

Hey! I definitely want to avoid misinterpretation with culture. (avoiding all stereotypes)
What are some traditions and things that you follow? Anything that a person who isn’t Hispanic wouldn’t know? That sort of thing. :smile:

1 Like

this is such a good idea neha, and it will probably help a bunch of other people too! :star_struck:

2 Likes

Aww thank you! I am hoping it will :smile:

1 Like

i’m sure it will angel! :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Hey I’m Afro-Latina thanks for tagging me I can help you with anything Hispanic related just PM me

1 Like

Wow that is very cool. I’ll PM you with any specific questions I have.
Also, thanks for replying to the thread! :grin:

Imma christian if you need any help with that :blush:

2 Likes

Oh I’m a Christian/Bahamian :eyes:

3 Likes

@CrimsonJewel Sure, that would be great! Would you like me to PM you or do you want to talk directly on the thread?
@GennieG that’s great! being from the Bahamas, must be so cool !!

2 Likes

My parents are Indian, so I know some of Indian culture. I may not be help to help too much, but I can try :blob_hearts:

2 Likes

Well I guess it’s different for everyone, it depends on how you were raised, but for me, whenever I am speaking to an older person I’ll say “usted” which means you but it’s sounds more respectful than “Tu” which is also you but that’s how I’d say it if I was talking to someone my age or a little older. I can’t remember the last time I called my parents “Tu” on purpose, sometimes it will slip out accidentally. And stereotypes I see are that we’re poor or in a gang? I’ve only seen the poor one in 2 stories but yeah, also we’re not aggressive, we don’t say puta & pendejo in every sentence :joy:

5 Likes

Either or whatever works for you :blush:

3 Likes

Aww thank you!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@DivCp and @Ana9 are Indian

2 Likes

I’m South African putting African culture is beautiful I hope you do include it :revolving_hearts:

6 Likes

this is a nice thread. im indian so if you need any help and that you can ask me

3 Likes

Nigerian ganggg :see_no_evil: :see_no_evil:repping africa

4 Likes

@Jazzie.episode I’m Indian myself! My mom is Indian, but my dad wasn’t. (So I’m like half??) but I don’t know much because we aren’t very religious. So any help would be great!
@CrimsonJewel We can do it over PM!
@AMY20 I have seen the poor stereotype in a lot of gang stories, before actually! So I am not going to use that as something in my story. Thanks for the input! I won’t forget about saying usted instead of tu.
@GennieG Of course! xx
Also, thanks for tagging them!
@LemonProductions I think African culture is beautiful too! especially South Africa! I just absolutely loved it when I studied it in school. I wish I learned more. I would love to learn more about it!
@Youngbl00d Yeah, any help would be appreciated, thank you!
@preciouso Nice! I would love to learn more about Nigeria!

6 Likes

I can help you with any Hispanic related questions but it’d be from my perspective as a Mexican
I’m also Catholic so you can ask me about that too if you have any questions :blush:

3 Likes