Am I the only author that...?

I suddenly get motivation to write for a few day and then I don’t feel motivated to write for months. I don’t know what is wrong with me. I feel like I am the only one.

29 Likes

Hey! Don’t feel alone, i’m sure there are plenty of others who can relate to you. :pleading_face: :two_hearts:
My advice would be to read some episode stories, go on the episode forums and look for some tips and tricks for authors (i know these really helped me when i felt lost and didn’t know what to do with my story!)
I hope you get motivation again, have a good day/night! :heartpulse:

4 Likes

Hey, you’re not the only one we’re all struggling with.

Try to look at episode forums for tips reading stories even writing prompts can help too.
Also talking to someone about your story will also be helpful can motivate you again.

I haven’t updated in March due to writer block and been unmotivated but I’m just taking it slow, I am slow lol

5 Likes

You’re not the only one; I can relate.

In my profile author description, I wrote that I’d be publishing a new story in January 2021. And yet, here I am… still no story… :frowning_face:

There’s nothing wrong with you! It’s okay to feel unmotivated. Just take things slow, and nice and easy. We’re here for you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Absolutely not. I add to my story every once in a while, step by step, working to not burn myself out and not to rush the bits of motivation I have. Slowly but surely!

Eh don’t worry, I’ve just recently gotten Writers Block a few days ago…horray! So this means I’ve completely lost motivation at the moment, which isn’t good as of right now, especially for the contest. But not having the motivation is completely normally and then getting it back is too. I think you just need to find your rhythm and stick to it :ok_hand:t4:

1 Like

Moved to Episode Fan Community. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :smiley:

Nope, cause this is me. :cowboy_hat_face: :ok_hand:

I’ll be working on something then realize I have so much more to do then give up. But working on it during class = :star_struck:! Doing things I like but find boring sometimes > doing things someone else wants me to do and find boring all the time :roll_eyes: :raised_back_of_hand:.

Edit; For legal reasons, I do not condone this behavior and/or saying for y’all to do it as well. Neither am I saying I do it either… in fact… this is just a joke… :eyes: :shushing_face: :woman_with_probing_cane:

Girl, I’ve been in your place for so long! It’s been well over a year since I have published anything although I have a story pending to complete.

Sometimes I get random bouts of motivation to start writing again and then it’s nothing for weeks or months at a stretch. I don’t know why it happens but I sure hope it gets better. We’re in this together, don’t worry :upside_down_face:

1 Like

That sounds very relatable!
I entered the Squad contest back in July, but my story didn’t do too well at all. I dropped it with no explanation in September, and started writing a text-based Wattpad story in October. But in December, I just lost all my motivation to write.
I didn’t write anything at all from December-February. Finally, in March, I got back into writing on Episode (including my weekend routine of taking my laptop to Starbucks in the morning and spending two hours writing while drinking a frappuccino/cappuccino). However, what I’m writing now is a little different than the story I thought I wanted to write in March.

2 Likes

Nah it happens. I feel like those who can write for days are not even human…:robot::joy:. Lately, I’ve been motivated to write for a few days a month. But it really depends on the situation. I’ve been so busy lately with work and personal life that I haven’t had time to actually think about my story. Usually when I have the time and I’m in a good mood, I would be motivated to write. I would write a whole episode. However, its been rough lately. My life is changing and it’s hard to keep up… :sweat_smile:

2 Likes