Am I the only one like this? 😭

Like I start writing a story but discontinue it after working hard not because I’m lazy but because I’m scared that it won’t get that much reads and all :grinning: This is the main reason I don’t write stories anymore bcz nobody is gonna effing reading it and the reason why I come back to episode every few months to see if the community is back to being alive :rofl:
Honestly should’ve published my story wayy back in 2018 since that was the prime of episode

10 Likes

I understand the feeling I started a new story some time easily last year I land it still have 400 reads smh I actually worked pretty hard on it but it didn’t get as much reads as my other story but tbh I’m happy I have at least 100 :relaxed::grinning:

2 Likes

Early *

1 Like

No, you’re not the only one girl, especially when you feel and get told how good your story is it’s frustrating but discouraging as well because I’m still writing a story and I feel like not bothering anymore because there isn’t a lot of read but then again I need to finish it as I already started it and there are some people who would want to know what’s next. I think Episode should do like a page for a new story, and it’ll be cool.

1 Like

I understand your feeling. It’s really hard to get some reads in episode, because people have to spend tickets. It’s different from other platform like a webcomic, when I made comic, I got a million reads in just 2/3 months because people don’t have to spend anything. That’s why I really appreciate every single read I got in episode, since people are willing to spend their limited tickets.

I personally keep writing stories, I don’t even see the rank or anything and just keep publishing because I simply enjoy it. For me, it’s fun, just like playing a game. And if it’s stressing me out, then I’ll stop (unless I start to get paid). Also, it’s better to publish it than just keep the idea in my phone note. I suggest you keep publishing if you want to, at least for writing practice. And the most important is, you like your story and you’re having fun.

3 Likes

NOOO, you aren’t the only one. I have a story out and iw wasn’t to give up 24/7 because if one thing goes wrong it’s really hard for me to get past it. The thing that rely gets me is when reviews tell me I have no diversity in my story, especially LGBTQIA characters, when most characters aren’t cishet. It’s also not a romanced based story, but people get so mad when it’s “slow burn”. Idk it makes me frustrated how they want me to change my story to make it more to their liking.

But even before publishing, I totally understand

3 Likes

Butbthe quality and premise of your story are great! Smh.

2 Likes