Am I the only one like this? šŸ˜­

Like I start writing a story but discontinue it after working hard not because Iā€™m lazy but because Iā€™m scared that it wonā€™t get that much reads and all :grinning: This is the main reason I donā€™t write stories anymore bcz nobody is gonna effing reading it and the reason why I come back to episode every few months to see if the community is back to being alive :rofl:
Honestly shouldā€™ve published my story wayy back in 2018 since that was the prime of episode

10 Likes

I understand the feeling I started a new story some time easily last year I land it still have 400 reads smh I actually worked pretty hard on it but it didnā€™t get as much reads as my other story but tbh Iā€™m happy I have at least 100 :relaxed::grinning:

2 Likes

Early *

1 Like

No, youā€™re not the only one girl, especially when you feel and get told how good your story is itā€™s frustrating but discouraging as well because Iā€™m still writing a story and I feel like not bothering anymore because there isnā€™t a lot of read but then again I need to finish it as I already started it and there are some people who would want to know whatā€™s next. I think Episode should do like a page for a new story, and itā€™ll be cool.

1 Like

I understand your feeling. Itā€™s really hard to get some reads in episode, because people have to spend tickets. Itā€™s different from other platform like a webcomic, when I made comic, I got a million reads in just 2/3 months because people donā€™t have to spend anything. Thatā€™s why I really appreciate every single read I got in episode, since people are willing to spend their limited tickets.

I personally keep writing stories, I donā€™t even see the rank or anything and just keep publishing because I simply enjoy it. For me, itā€™s fun, just like playing a game. And if itā€™s stressing me out, then Iā€™ll stop (unless I start to get paid). Also, itā€™s better to publish it than just keep the idea in my phone note. I suggest you keep publishing if you want to, at least for writing practice. And the most important is, you like your story and youā€™re having fun.

3 Likes

NOOO, you arenā€™t the only one. I have a story out and iw wasnā€™t to give up 24/7 because if one thing goes wrong itā€™s really hard for me to get past it. The thing that rely gets me is when reviews tell me I have no diversity in my story, especially LGBTQIA characters, when most characters arenā€™t cishet. Itā€™s also not a romanced based story, but people get so mad when itā€™s ā€œslow burnā€. Idk it makes me frustrated how they want me to change my story to make it more to their liking.

But even before publishing, I totally understand

3 Likes

Butbthe quality and premise of your story are great! Smh.

2 Likes