Am i the only one who becomes the character when i read a story?

Am I the only one who becomes the character when I read a story? like, I’m an actor so i get in skin of the mc. It hurts as hell if “my mate rejects me” or “i lose my memories”?

7 Likes

I do this too :joy: I feel like I’m the actual character in a story, and it literally hurts my feelings when something bad happens to the MC. Then I have to make myself realize that it’s just a story and it’s fiction.

3 Likes

also the part they do the nasty and you feel that too? woops. :open_mouth: is it considered cheating?!

2 Likes

Yes!! My heart starts thumping on those parts :sob: I wouldn’t necessarily call it cheating though because they’re fictional characters :joy:

2 Likes

You’re practically f*cking the real self with a fictional one… I’m happy I’m not the only one. (ppl reading this like: wtf)

1 Like

I guess so lol, and yes I’ve always felt that way it’s so weird :rofl: I’m pretty sure we aren’t the only ones though.

1 Like

I’m a writer so I’m the opposite lol. I try to imagine the character as having her own traits and picking choices that would suit her or him best. Most times I don’t even care about having choices tho.

1 Like

Me too!! I get really hurt when the Mc cheats or anything :sweat_smile: Well no Comments :joy:

4 Likes

Well you are not the only one there ,like when I read a story …I feel like iam that mc and feel angry, happiness ,sad etc all emotions … :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Same With Me also :joy: :laughing:

1 Like

I’m both, i’ll give them their own personality traits but just like i can create it a bit realistic

YES!!! SOMETIMES WHEN I READ NORMAL BOOKS I AGGRESSIVELY ACT OUT THE MC… :weary::weary::weary:

i should get help.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.