Am I the Only one who wonders about this?

I don’t know if anybody else notices this, but why does it seem like Episode only collabs with authors older than 18 on featured stories. This may not be an issue to some people, but I do think that it’s a bit weird that they only work with older authors. I hope I’m not the only one who notices this :woman_facepalming:t4:

3 Likes

Nothing weird about it lol, why would they want to collab with somebody under 18? Plus I’m pretty sure you have to be legal for things like this. :woman_shrugging:t4:

12 Likes

Not really.

I imagine they collab with authors that are 18 and over because they might have an easier time obtaining their signature for the contract.

Otherwise, they could get involved with a kid who is lying about receiving permission or potentially forging a signature. A legal mess they probably want to avoid.

15 Likes

It’s seems fairly standard to me. If minors can’t even access the payments program, it wouldn’t make sense for Episode to officially collaborate with them either. It just avoids a lot of legal troubles and makes it easier. It would be weird to me if they didn’t strictly collaborate with adults.

8 Likes

legal stuff

3 Likes

Like what @Rozozzy said, to enter the payments program on Episode, you must be 18 or older, so I don’t think they’d want to collab with anyone under 18 either

3 Likes

To be honest, I haven’t thought about it like that :woman_facepalming:t4: I feel like a klutz right now.

3 Likes

All of you all pretty much said that same thing, and I haven’t really thought about it like that. I should’ve, but I didn’t. It does make sense that Episode will want to collab with someone that is over 18 because they are pretty much adults. I’m actually 18, so I know now that if Episode decided to collab with me, I’d be qualified.

4 Likes

You need to sign a contract so you’d have to be 18 for legal reasons. It might be possible to collab with a minor if their parents/guardians gave permission, but this would be a little tricker I guess.

I have a friend who was contacted to work with Episode a couple years ago and one of the first things they asked her was her age.

3 Likes