Amberose's Live Thoughts on Your Stories

@Problematic_Patrick - Clue: Without A Trace

• Wow, your intro? I can only imagine how many overlays

• I’m totally into Andrea’s alliteration fetish

• After CC, when in the classroom, MC and Kim don’t look like they’re actually sitting at the desks…

• Thoroughly enjoyed that mini game with the chalk board

• Oh my god, that skeleton just… I didn’t even see it at first and it gave me the biggest fright.

• Slightly confused how MC got out of the bathroom and into the hallway - I thought she was gonna be stabbed. Is this a dream?

• Why does this mini game make me think of Slender Man? :weary:

• I just had the biggest heart attack of MY LIFE WTH :scream: Tbh I did not know if going forward or back meant towards me as the reader or away from me? :grimacing:

• Ooof this game is so hard! Just a minor thing, not sure what labels you have but after my first failed attempt, it explained the whole thing all over again, which might get annoying for people like me who fail multiple times

• The sounds are seriously making me heart jump - I hate it, but like in a good way… but also I hate it. I’m too much of a wuss for this story tbh

• Well, bye Andrea :wave: Sorry for making bad choices that killed you :grimacing:

• I find the gang playing this elimination game kinda weird - like I just got attacked in the bathrooms!

• The photo in the room is a nice touch

• The principal’s pants are distracting me hahahaha

• I’m not a fan of the You are now playing as segments. Though I do like you make it clear when the POV changes - I think my issue is they seem so upbeat and happy and don’t really match the tone of the story :thinking:

• Your avoid the lightening mini game… was frustrating to me lol. I don’t understand why I was getting shot for not reacting fast enough when I wasn’t actually under the light anyway :sob: But on a serious note, I think that table readers will really struggle with that came because the lights are up high on the screen

• Was Kerri knocking on the door just now?

• The phone background is so cute

• Love the app idea

• With the messages, you might want to make Andrea’s appear on the right side of the screen. The way to do this with the phonetext format is to @/ANDREA stands screen right

• Reading Andrea’s messages is making my STRANGER DANGER alarm bells ring

• In this bedroom scene, after I chose to follow MC, I feel like Katherine and MC are scaled a bit too large for the bed they’re sitting on.

• The whole time the shift code mini game was being explained I was thinking how the heck are you going to make this, like, maageable? But omg, it’s perfect the way it is - best minigame so far

• Just be careful with the police scene and looping animations. There was a few times their mouths continued to move, but the MC was talking. There was also a couple of times MC was talk_loop when one of the police officer’s were saying their lines

• Geez, the principal just announced the death over the PA like that? Yikes.

• Oooh Storm’s door knock was almost perfect. The only thing that bothered me was when you zoomed out, MC and Storm looked like they were standing quite far away from the door.

• So I chose to go with Kerri’s idea and when she got up from the couch and exited, she walked behind the others on the couch. I feel like you should bring her forward a few layers to make it look right

• Carved into her skin? Eewwwwwww :nauseated_face:

• Just with that scene, since it is so full with five characters, I’d recommend using some close up zooms. Especially because some characters get frozen at the end of their talk animation, so it makes it look unnatural. Close up zooms will help the reader know what to focus on

• I really hate MC’s logic here. About searching the crime scene and being so sure she’s going to be safe even if they split up. Doesn’t she know how guns work? Hahahahaha

• I enjoyed seeing Michael get angry hahahaha

• Horny Pig? Lol

• There’s a few more times in this scene I’ve noticed looping animations being used so it looks like MC and Michael are talking over each other basically

• I can’t imagine the coding that went into the Polaroids on the table scene. Like I was doing all random orders and considering there was scene changes a few times that would have meant a lot of gains :hushed:

Overall your story is pretty much exactly what I expected to see when the contest was announced. I think there’s just a few things that need polishing - like with the looping animations and scaling/spotting. But ultimately you tick all the boxes and actually scared me multiple times lmao

Also autocorrect kept changing Kierri to Kerri and tbh I’m too lazy to go back and change it right now. Sorry :sweat_smile:

3 Likes