Amberose's Live Thoughts on Your Stories

@Nelles - Through his eyes

• To start off with, I noticed when the first two characters enter, they start of bigger and walk to place which makes them look like they go really small really quick. I think it would look better if you just started with them on screen, since having them walk to place doesn’t seem to affect the plot anyway.

• I’m a little confused as to what’s going on with this “script” but I’m expecting it will make sense soon.

• You’ve got a great use of overlays, but you are missing transitions. Sometimes it helps to have a clear distinction between scenes, and that’s where @transition fade out black will become your best friend!

• I liked that you slipped CC into the story, instead of throwing it randomly at the beginning.

• When MC writes the story, try scaling her a bit smaller so her feet end where the computer chair does - also for when she’s asleep at the desk too.

• There was something that looked weird about their conversation at the fire station… I think Marcus and Scott were standing too far apart that it didn’t look natural… And then when Rick and John entered, they started off too big to walk down to where their spot was.

• When Scott walks up to Liv’s door, first add in how many seconds it should take otherwise he looks like he’s shrinking too fast. Also, he needs to be scaled smaller once he’s at the door. Pay attention to where his feet and his head lines up to. He shouldn’t be bigger than the door.

• I loved loved loved the way you made the smoke appear!

• Watch the scaling again when they’re talking on the couch. Liv is sitting but it still looks as though her head will touch the roof.

• Woah… Wait. I think it just clicked… So MC is writing a story and it’s about Liv? It’s like meta-theater almost.

• Great length for a first episode.

• At Starks, maybe switch up your background character’s so they don’t look so defaultish.

• Ayo, I’m noticing the use of transitions a lot more now.

• Also, keep your BG characters moving. Use some looping animations so they look like they’re in conversation.

• OMG how cut is the balconies!!

• Samantha is at the wrong layer when she goes to kiss Scott.

• I went to start episode 3, but it ended there.

So final notes is to basically check all your scaling, because some scenes characters were too big. I think it’s quite an interesting plot, but prepare for people to not quite understand it at first.

1 Like