Amberose's Live Thoughts on Your Stories

@writingwithjade - Echo Creek

• I’ve been looking forward to reading this since you requested… Actually I think I had it on my list before you put it here. The cover looks great and the whole vibe (title, story description) just seems very intriguing.

• I’m about 10 seconds in and all I have to say is WTF?? This is so good… already. Choices that matter, a diverse MC, text effects, overlays… HOW DOES THIS ONLY HAVE 15 READS!? I can already tell this is going to sound more like a promotional ad for you rather than a review…

• Annnd this is also going to be about conspiracy theories?! Yay. Honestly this is such a refreshing break from some of the other stories that dominate the app.

• I don’t know if this was supposed to mean anything But Every Word In Your Choice Options Was Written Out Like This With the capital letters. Was there a reason? Is it like a signature thing you do?

• I really struggled with the item choice. Torn between the map and the torch. In case you were wondering I chose the torch, because I over think things and was worried the map wouldn’t be of an area I needed.

• Also, how do I pronounce Phyre?

• HOW DOES THIS ONLY HAVE 15 READS?!

• I’m not really a fan of author notes because I feel it ruins the illusion of the story, but your FAQ section looked professional enough that I’m not going to comment on it… (whoops, I technically just did)

• I absolutely adore how interactive this feels! Like the backpack, the fact that I may lose or break the camera. Everything feels so intense I love it… Seriously, how do you only have-- I’m going to stop saying it, but just so you know I’m thinking it.

• The necklace it something important, right? (As I typed this I see your cover again and now I’m thinking, duh! I should have known that already)

• I was waiting for Phyre to realise she was asking a green glow things questions. Glad she figured that out on her own. She’s self aware. I like that in an MC

• Episode 2 feel a lil short in terms of length, but not in terms of content - take of that what you will. Some people might be annoyed at short length, but it’s low-key supposedly a really good tactic because it means people read quicker so it improves your reader retention and thus, your ranking… So :woman_shrugging: Normally, I would encourage you to add more, but like I said, content wise it was fulfilling and would encourage people to read on because it was intriguing.

• I spot the necklace in the flashback :eyes: I really want to know what the deal is with the necklace now hehe.

• Ah, god damn! The timed choice scared me, I panicked. I bet I chose the wrong thing. Or… I bet there will be a consequence for my choice let’s just say.

• I have to say, it’s going to be hard to introduce a love interest that will top Elijah in my opinion… Even though he totally crushed Phyre’s spirit in episode one, I just find him like so, real. Maybe that’s why too. He’s so realistic because even though he already liked Phyre, he still had that talk with her that destroyed everything she ever believed in. Like, not all Love Interests love every single thing about an MC, so it’s nice to see that.

• Episode 3 was better in length FYI.

• So this next timed choice, I remained calm and didn’t panic but I still think I chose the wrong thing, wah!

• I love that you’ve changed the names of hair styles (in the flashback, I don’t think I remember you doing it in the other hair CC bit) - it’s just a little something extra that gives a nice touch.

• Damn, cliff hanger for episode 4!

So my only real question is how do you only have 15 reads?!! Well, 18 now that I’ve finished… Like, this isn’t really the place for me to get into the politics of Episode (but it’s my thread so I’ll do what I want), but it’s just so annoying to see trending stories with 100000000 reads that don’t go to the effort to code in choices that matter, that don’t have proper representation in their stories, that don’t even use proper spelling and grammar and yet ones like yours just slip under every one’s noses. Expect to see me promote the hell out of this :wink: Please please update soon I really loved it. Best story I’ve read in a while.

3 Likes