Amberose's Live Thoughts on Your Stories

More often than not, I read all the episodes available…unless there’s like 20+ episodes or unless there’s no errors so I just start turning into a fan girl and stop being helpful lol

Oh okay… then i dont mind if u read it after the deadline of the contest (i have 3 episodes)

1 Like

Awesome, thank you again for your honest feed back :slight_smile:

1 Like

From the Episode Forums:

Creators Corner:

1. Directing Helps & Tips : Script help, and general donacode tips & tricks!
  2. Share Feedback: Ask for feedback about your story or a pitch! Start a review thread! Everybody’s a critic!
  3. Find a Writing Partner: Find a writing partner to help you or co-author with you!
  4. Art Resources : Need help finding your answers about cover art or design? Getting cover art done? Here is the place to go!

Community:

1. Episode Fan Community: Discuss all Episode-related topics here!
  2. General Chat: Discuss all general and non-Episode related topics here!
  3. Story Games & Role Playing: Home to all Role-playing and Story Games!
  4. Promote Your Story: Get your story out there, exchange some Reads for Reads (R4R) and recommend other stories!
  5. Forum Games: Home to all general forum games, both silly and serious (though mostly silly ) Play on!

Feature & Art Suggestions:

1. Art + Animations: Art and Animation suggestions go here!
  2. Writer’s Portal Features: Suggestions for the writer’s portal go here!
  3. Mobile App Features: Suggestions for the mobile app go here!

Report A Bug

1. Writer’s Portal Bug: The place to report any bugs related to the portal
  2. Mobile App Bug: The place to report any bugs related to the app
  3. Mobile Creator Bug: The place to report any bugs related specifically to mobile creation

Announcements!

1. Style + Art Updates: Art updates live here!
  2. Writer’s Portal Updates: Any updates to the writer’s portal can be found here!
  3. Mobile App Updates: Information about any user-facing changes for the app can be found here!
  4. Contests: Where you’ll find information about new contests, and their winners!

Site Feedback : All discussion regarding the Episode Forums only.

Welcome, Start Here!

1. Forum Tutorials : Here to help get you started!
  2. More Help : Some extra help can be found here!

Entertainment: Amberose’s Live Thoughts on Your Stories Thread

This thread is so fun to read ^^

7 Likes

HAHAHAHAHA! Oh Jem, you make me laugh!

1 Like

@Alyce.Writes - No Strings Attached

• Intriguing intro. I like that you’ve used it as an opportunity to use text effects. Sometimes the narration bubble on a black background can seem “basic” so I think the fact that you kept it short and straight to the point (plus given it a little something extra with the colour) makes it work.

• Ok, so one thing I really appreciate with your CC templates is that you have “done” on each page. Claps for you! That’s super thoughtful… But also one of the done buttons for the face shape was on the wrong page… So you had one page with two done buttons and another with none hehe.

• I feel like I should also say I decided to go with my actual name and make MC look like “me”. Idk why… I rarely do that anymore. I guess the name of your story sounds like something I can get behind (lol) so no pressure or anything, but yeah… This is a semi big deal.

• Oh and that’s clever to have the male face separated with clean shaven and facial hair.

• Ayyy your spot placements are perfect! Are you really going to try to tell me you’re “new” to writing/creating for episode?

• Well, the tattoo is very unlike me… But let’s be real, the skimpy PJs are totally something I’d wear hahaha.

• Loved that zoom… Let’s call it a “male-gaze” zoom. You know the one I’m talking about.

• This might seem small, but when MC first kisses John, pause for a beat before the narration. It will just help slow the pace for a second…

• As soon as he said he’d been in love since “I” first moved in, I got the feeling this was a dream… and I was right hehehe.

• I liked how you swapped out the background to show the time skip.

• I think you’ve got a real sense of character for the MC. Like even though I have gone to work with MC, I already know I am she’s a powerful business woman just from her outfit options and from the backgrounds you’ve used for her home.

• The conversation between me MC and Jon is so realistic. I’m getting like second hand embarrassment just watching her ramble on about the non-date.

• You got a thing for the Lion King, right? :smirk:

• “Cover art goes here” HAHAHAHAHAHA (I’m actually really interested to see the cover art now though)

• Omg that office background and everything in that scene is just :heart_eyes:

• How does Milani seem to know so much about my crush? And why won’t she spill the tea? Why ain’t she telling me what she knowwwwwsss?

• Oh that’s right. I almost forgot about these mysterious calls!

• That zoom when it comes to opening the package was clever directing. Seriously, I can’t believe you when you say you’re “new to writing/creating episode for Episode”.

• “This choice may or may not be important” …??? Ugh. I can’t decide between this! You’re mean!

• So… Finally chose to go out. Idk why. I already feel like that was a mistake.

• Just so you know, blue dress doesn’t have a space between “blue” and “dress” in the outfit options. Side note: all those outfit options were so pretty! I usually don’t spend so much time stressing about outfit choices but I also really struggled to decide here.

• I feel like I’m overdressed for Jon’s party :woman_facepalming: But that’s how I feel going to parties in real life too, so hey, I guess it’s a good thing I used my real name and look. Definitely feels like this story is directed towards me.

• One of my biggest hates in life is people who are on their phone while driving, so you putting the reader message in makes me so happy!

• Well, well… I was wondering when Noah would make an appearance. I had assumed he was a love interest (and maybe he still is, maybe there’s more to the story), so I’m actually surprised he’s been introduced as a former heartbreaker. Interested to see where that goes if he is indeed a love interest… I’m guessing that would make Jon the “bad” guy now though. So yes, very interesting hehehe. Also, I remember MC sort of alluding to the fact that she had dated a co-worker, which I mistakenly took as an off-handed comment, but now I’m thinking that was a little bread crumb you added and she was referring to Noah.

• “You can’t really say no, it’s my birthday.” Hahaha, now Jon is me. Also, by the time you read this it actually will be my birthday hahaha it’s so weird how many things in your story line up to me lol

• Security guy is HOT!

• Oooh, that guy walking over behind security guy is hot too… I have a feeling I think this because of the facial hair which is weird because it grosses me out in real life but damn sure looks good on limelight characters!

• Wait, second guy walking over is Jon? He got changed… Yay, now I don’t look so over dressed.

• Omg, I feel like we must be long lost twins or something because I totally started using screenshots of characters and uploading them on to backgrounds too! Great minds think alike. It’s such a neat - and less stressful - way of including background characters in my opinion. I’m glad to see I’m not the only one who does it.

• The smallest thing… When MC is asking Jon what he was going to ask her, it should be a question mark and not a full stop.

• How do you manage to create someone who can be so sweet while he’s suggesting a no strings attached relationship? Like he wants to take care of me? So sweet.… But then in the next breath says he’s not ready to commit? I have no idea how that works… Which makes me wary of what I was thinking earlier… Is Jon the bad guy? But ugh, he looks so good, so he can’t be that bad, right?

• Ok, I was temporarily distracted by watching myself MC grinding with bae Jon that I almost didn’t notice that default background characters… Almost! But alas, I did see them, and so I’m going to be harsh because I think you’re story is so great that I won’t allow you to let even a default character bring you down. So… Change up those background characters, give them cool clothes, change their hair styles. It takes 5 seconds. Just because Episode official stories use their default characters all the time, doesn’t mean you should. You are better than that!

• AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH That dance, that kiss. It was just so perfect. So, like, actually realistic!!! Like, whenever I see slow dancing in a club scene it usually feels so random, but clubs playing slow songs as the last song of a night is totally a real thing that clubs do! So the way you subtly incorporated that was brilliant. And like, the build to the passionate kiss! :heart_eyes: I loved that MC started off with just a little peck, and it progressed.

• Hmmm… Creepy no name has been given orders to “just watch” me hook up with Jon. Lol, ok… perv. Also, creepy no name is too defaulty for my liking.

• The bad Jon vibes are getting stronger now. I get the feeling him and Rodney do more than just work at her building. Like in her dream Jon basically said he was poor, but he has “drivers”… Poor people don’t have drivers… They don’t even have one driver, let alone multiple.

• Right after I type that last point up, MC is asking what he does for a living ahaha. I don’t regret inserting myself into this story one bit. YAY!

• I die every time I read the “cover art goes here” note :joy:

• I know you said you only have 3 fully edited chapters, but I am a rebel, so…

• Episode FOUR :wink: Interesting to see MC wakes up in last night’s clothes. I guess she didn’t get laid?

• Attention to detail: you’ve been changing Jon’s hair. Nice touch.

• Jon says he’s impressed, but he looks like he’s saying that sarcastically :expressionless:

• This is killing me. I still don’t know whether I trust Jon or not. Like, he’s definitely one of the hottest episode characters I’ve seen… But he’s kind of shady… But hot… But a bit secretive… But says nice things and is hot.

• That aurora/aura conversation had me laughing

• Why is Milani giving me weird vibes? I feel like I can’t trust her.

• Ahahahaha! I know this little narrator notes aren’t part of your real story but they still make me laugh. I feel privileged that I have the link to your story all to myself. And now I think I’m getting a glimpse into how you actually develop your episodes… This is actually super cool. I’m sorry, but I really can’t stop myself. I gots to know what you have planned!!! :grimacing:

Anyway, I guess I’ll post this now while I continue to read your unedited scenes (heheh)
In case it wasn’t blatantly obvious, I really loved this :smiley: Like really… I’m going to take a guess and say you’ve got big plans for it too, considering Noah has barely made an appearance yet. Which is also something I have questions about, but I trust you as an author to explain them over time so I won’t pester you here. I’m guessing this will be a longish episode story? Like 20+ episodes? In which case, plenty of time to explain Noah further… Also, I couldn’t find where to slip this into, but I found your story so perfectly paced. Not too fast, but not too slow either. It was just well-paced and a smooth read for me.

All I have left to say is please let me know when you officially publish!!

5 Likes

That review. Now I wanna read it too :smiley:

4 Likes

It’s got that Amberose tick of approval :joy:
@Alyce.Writes now you need to make sure you tell me AND @fcukforcookies when you officially publish it

4 Likes

aHH, me tooo, me too! I’m intrigued :eyes: :relaxed:

4 Likes

Ok, you got that @Alyce.Writes ? :laughing: Lol, you’re going to be overwhelmed with notifications when you log on

3 Likes

I am so so so so happy with this review! First, Happy (belated?) Birthday!!

I’ve been nervous about letting any one else see it, let alone publishing it; but I think I’m almost ready! I’m trying to experiment with sounds and stuff (so harddddd). I think it’ll add a little something for those who read with the sound up.

I LOVE that you felt like you could immerse yourself in the story.

I changed Jon’s face at LEAST five times lol. I think I’m finally happy with it now. Same with the bodyguard and Milani.

Outfits are tough for me. I hate reading a story when the outfit choices are ugly. I’m gonna finish reading if it’s good, of course… but I’ll be cringing at the outfits the whole way through.

I’m extremely technical about spot directing, so I’ve been dipping in and out of each episode trying to get everything near perfect.

I do plan on giving my extras a makeover. I was going over the party scenes a few days ago, and noticed they seemed too “flat” compared to all my other characters.

This is my first story, so I don’t want it to seem like I’m just throwing some words up, with no goal to accomplish. I know how the story is going to end, and the main points I want to hit so now I have to find a way to get from point A to point Z while still keeping people interested.

I have HUGE things planned for this story and your review just makes me feel like I’m heading in the right direction.

After I finish chapter four (which has a HUGE surprise ending :wink:) I’ll release the first three… that’s how it goes, right? :roll_eyes:

7 Likes

You should totally post here when you’re gonna publish it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Will do!

3 Likes

Thanks!

I can totally understand being nervous to publish your first story, but hopefully I’ve given you a confidence boost now haha!

It’s great to hear you actually have it all planned. Can’t wait to find out that surprise ending you’re talking about…

Interesting that you didn’t confirm my Jon/Milani doubts :thinking: :wink:

Anyway, good luck with writing and like @fcukforcookies said, you can post here when you do publish :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

@fcukforcookies @amberose @Mashia First three are up. This is actually stress inducing lol. Oh, and here’s the forever-missing cover :joy:

5 Likes

Thanks :slight_smile: I’ll def give it a read, when my phone is charged :smiley: and nice cover

5 Likes

Oooh, love the cover! I’ll have a read soon :heart:

4 Likes

Yay, congrats xx

3 Likes

Title: A Spark of Hope

Author: J MO

Style: Limelight

Description: Your exboyfriend from the past moves back and your bestfriend of many years is not okay with it. How will you handle the drama?

How many episode would I want you to read?

Three please. :wink:

Cover picture:

Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5912047137980416

Additional Note:

You can play from two points of view in certain episodes.

1 Like

Would you be interested in reviewing mine?

1 Like