Amberose's Live Thoughts on Your Stories

@samanthawrites - The Episode House

• The first scene with host has me a little confused just because I can’t tell if she’s scaled too big or if it’s the overlays that are scaled too small. I think it might be the former. If you scaled her smaller and position her behind one of the desks and then zoomed in, it would look more realistic.

• Same thing with MC. She looks like she’s scaled too big so she doesn’t look like she’s behind the counter properly.

• I like how you’re introducing all the characters, it makes it feel like I’m watching Big Brother. I wonder if this type of intro will help me learn names because I tend to forget characters quite quickly hehehe

• When Natalie entered the house and the other four were already in conversation, I noticed that they were all do the same animations. Maybe switch one conversation up to make it look more real?

• Jeremy says “I wish Natalie would of shut up.” But it should be would have, not would of. Just pointing it out since Jeremy is supposed to be the smart one.

• Woah, Megan looks exactly like Megan Fox as an episode character!

• I know that episode was probably quite long due to the CC templates, but it doesn’t feel like there was enough content to satisfy me if I’m honest. I feel like I only saw the introductions and didn’t get to see enough of everyone’s personalities shine through yet. I do love how your characters are all diverse though, and they seem to all be very different to each other, but yeah… Just don’t like that episode one has ended but yet not everyone has entered the house yet.

• Episode 2 starts at the spotting/scaling for Jenna looks perfect.

• I’ve noticed a lack of zooms, which isn’t too much of an issue, but having so many characters means that when you’re at the default zoom, it’s hard to know who to watch. There also seems to sometimes me a short awkward pause after everyone is speaking, especially during the intros.

• When the contestants are introducing themselves to each other, it feels like they’re just repeating some of the things they said in their own personal intros. I like that sometimes you cut to the diary/confession room, so we get to learn what other characters are thinking, but it still feels like a lot of the same stuff was just being repeated and listed.

• Also, for the diary/confessional room scenes… You may want to consider adding overlays of the characters’ names to make it feel like it’s a reality show. Galactic Games and The Best List have both done this before if you want to check them out to see what I mean.

• I feel like I didn’t finish explaining my thing about zooms, lol. So basically, every time a character finishes talking, they look"frozen" or “stuck” in the end of the animation pose while others continue to talk, so if you use more close up zooms, it helps you hide the frozen characters… But if you don’t want to add in zooms, maybe make sure your characters are doing something like shiftweight instead.

• Does Jeremy’s reasoning make him an ageist?

• Dylan in episode 3 says “I would be lost if i lose him this week.” You need to make that “i” a capital letter.

• Jenna’s spotting was back to how it was in episode 1. Not sure what you changed in episode 2, but whatever it was, try applying it to episode 1 and 3 too.

• Lol at grandma showing up in cat form!

• When I saw the start of the next thing I was literally already thinking what the narration bubble said without actually reading it hahaha.

• I think the four guys are scaled far too big. If you imagine where their legs would all be, they really can’t fit.

• I’m loving the double crossing by having the four guys in an alliance. I imagine this will cause a lot of drama.

• The food eating competition was a great idea because there’s so many props in LL.

• Jenna was perfectly spotted that whole episode until right to the end she went back to being too big.

My final notes now that I’ve finished episode 4 is just to try and add some more choices. Most of the episode focused on the alliances that we didn’t really get to involve the MC so much which was a shame since I saw so many places which would have been great opportunities to add in more choices. I also again want to encourage you to use more zooms. It doesn’t have to be anything to flashy, but for the reasons I said before, I think it would enhance your story. Nice concept though and I thought there was a great diversity among the cast which I look forward to seeing more of.

1 Like