Amberose's Live Thoughts on Your Stories

@Dr.Smile07 - From Zero to Hero

I remembering reading your description around the time of the H&V contest and thought this sounded pretty funny but I 'm so forgetful that I couldn’t remember what it was called (sorry lol). So luckily in this weird twist of fate I’ve found myself in the position to review it. I hope it meets my expectations because your story description has set the bar high.

• I love how you’ve introduced your setting. My favorite would have to be the teacher.

• This is such a weird thing to put in a review, but I’m going to say it anyway… You made the galaxy pants work! Those fugly leggings seriously don’t match anything, but Ava looks so good in them!

• I was kind of hoping Ava wasn’t a love interest (which I’m guessing is an unpopular opinion), but you’ve portrayed it well enough so I’m ok with it.

• I know I’ve only just met the characters, but I feel really bad about Jax’s dad basically giving him away. You’ve done a great job at making me feel sad.

• I don’t think you need the reader message about imagining the burrito. I could tell what was going on without that scene anyway

• I loved the pop art overlay for boom. Like comic books, you know? That was what I was expecting from the H&V contest and I never saw any.

• First episode was a good length and I feel like it ended in the right spot too.

• I like your verbal recap. It’s like lazy, but like, not lazy as well :wink:

• A little typo… Jax says “wait a another second”. But typo aside, I do love the suspense.

• I’m in love with the way you used transitions for his outfit change. You hardly see people use the curtain transition. I even liked that we got to choose the music. Idk why you put that choice and Idk why I like it so much, but I do

• I find at times, it looks like I’m watching someone who tried to spot direct but failed, because he flies through things. It’s a weird thing to adjust my eyes to.

• I like how you’ve got just enough easter eggs in there (sit_barf animation, for example).

• When this contest was on, I did wonder how people would make super hero outfits in ink. I think you’ve done great.

• The background for his flying scene was sick! Did you use an overlay for that?

• My issue with random old guy is that he looks too much like a default BG character. So I would recommend changing his outfit, or a feature or two.

• I’m glad we saw a villain at the end of the episode, because his love for Ava was only going to take this story so far. But I’m really hoping that this story becomes real cliche and the villain turns out to be Diego.

• Oh, I like your unimportant, but opinionated questions. Forgot to mention that earlier - the hotdog and monsters inc. ones. I hope these continue. They’re pointless to the story, but do make me think in real life.

• WTF kind of a name is Blood?

• Another tiny spelling error in the flashback within a dream: without hope life is pointless and black.

• I like how your comment at the beginning about the f word has subtly continued throughout the story. I notice these things!

• Your fight scene, whilst only brief, was like really well done! You got the crowd on point

• Peter Piper? Lol

• Yes! Another pop art comic book word!
    I’m actually going to end the review here, because I’ve stopped reviewing and just sort of become a weird fan girl. I’ll still read on though, because I’m loving it. But like, there’s nothing really for me to fault, and there’s only so many times I can say “I love this” before I sound like a broken record.

For the record, the story lived up to the description :blush:

7 Likes