Amberose's Live Thoughts on Your Stories

@WolfGamerGirl37 - Daughter of the Blue Dragon (episode 4)

• I appreciate the skip option, thank you.

• The author note was too long for my taste. The first half of it I found helpful to know, but I think it could be shortened a lot.

• Keep an eye out for your speechbubble placements. I notice YOUNG DEREK’s are pointing the wrong way. Not sure if you forgot to reset it or if the default position has them that way.

• I like your zooms in this first scene and I think your BG characters are spotted really well.

• In th ballroom scene, there’s one character behind Rina that’s frozen in a very eye-catching end of animation pose. Maybe change him to shiftwight so he’s not so distracting.

• When YOUNG LENA joins the group, have YOUNG RINA walk to upscreen right at the same time to avoid that second where Rina is covering her.

• The hug… oh no, they’re at the wrong layers… I feel terrible having to point this out after I also had a layering issue today haha

• When you reset the hsl, try using and & symbol instead of @ so it happens at the same time as your transition

• Oh no, Caity and Jillian also hug at the wrong layers

• Side note: I have my sound on and the one you have playing in this scene sounds like a transition sound on loop and not one of the music tracks… I’d recommend just changing it to a neutral beat one to play after the door knock.

• Izaya pops into the scene a second too late. Add in his placing with an & symbol instead of @

• The photo was cool. Idk if this was overlays or just a background, but it was a nice touch.

• Ack! Defaultness at the crime scene scene. Please change a few or the background characters features and/or clothes. I beg you :pleading_face:

• Caity and Jillian’s speechbubbles also look like they need spot placing, Caity’s to be more specific.

• The police backgrounds look good. I like the interrogation one especially.

• I like the inside of Neptune’s. It looks really good with all the character’s in it.

• Ahhh, everyone’s spotting and layers is perfect here. Just fix the placement of Hach’s speechbubble and it will be all good.

• Oh, and Darren’s too.

• Lol, so I just noticed the band is an all girl band - YAY girl power! But this is a really stalkerish and weird observation I’m making - the girls on the electric guitar looks exactly like PurpleRose

• Ahh, right at the end of the episode there’s a small layering thing where the band is in the front layers, but it fixes itself after? Maybe add the layering commands earlier?

• Shoutouts - aha! I knew it was @talesbyrose

• Just wondering if when you get the splashes for the shoutouts, will you be adding it to all your earlier episodes too? I think you should so your story has that kind of uniform.

6 Likes