American government shut down

Maybe he is trying to protect America. Perhaps that really is his intention. But people who are trying to flee from wars, or people who come from other countries and land in Mexico, they might not have passports and whatever, and won’t be able to cross. They’ll be homeless. I mean, yeah, sure, I see his point, and I get why he thought of a wall. But why a wall? The money could go to tackling homelessness, water shortages, famines, and many other things that might even stop people coming to America- some immigrates might go over because there’s a famine goin’ on over there- if we gave them the funds to get food and water, which is a luxury most Americans can usually afford, then they’d have no need to cross over.

3 Likes

Yeah, but how will they be able to find a home or a job or something? They’ll still be homeless, Ike you said. It’ll most likely take a while for most of them to find a place to stay and work.

1 Like

I can tell you about the opioid crises over DM if you’d like. It’s a bit off topic, but it’s an urgent issue that everyone living the US should be aware of.

2 Likes

If you’d like? I wouldn’t mind learning about it.

Good point, that’s true :wink: I’ll admit, I can’t argue with that. But what if they’re running away from Mexico at one point because there’s a war going on over there? What then? Do they stay there and die?

1 Like

I’m not sure at that. I just hope that it never comes down to a war in Mexico.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.