An Error I Can't Fix

I really need help! I’m very new to episode interactive, so I’m still learning the ropes. I really wanted to have an outfit option, but I keep getting the same error every time I try to fix it! I will copy and paste my script here. If you have any ideas of what is going wrong, please tell me. thanks in advance.
The script:

ERIN (think)
(What should I wear?)

Choice - Outfit {

choice (FIRSTDAY)
“choice 1”{
@ERIN previews outfit ERIN_

@pause for a beat

ERIN (idle_sad)
(I guess this will do...)

choice
“Looks good” {
@ERIN changes into ERIN_

} “I’ll try something else.” {
@ERIN unpreviews outfit ERIN_
goto dressinggame_1
}
}
“choice 2”{
@ERIN previews outfit ERIN_2
@pause for a beat

ERIN (idle_sad)
(I guess this will do)

choice
“Looks good” {
@ERIN changes into ERIN_

} “I’ll try something else.” {
@ERIN unpreviews outfit ERIN_2
goto dressinggame_1
}
}
“choice 3” {

@ERIN previews outfit ERIN_3
@pause for a beat

ERIN (idle_sad)
(I guess this will do...)

choice
“Looks good” {
@ERIN changes into ERIN_3
}

"I'll try something else"

{
@ERIN unpreviews outfit ERIN_3

goto afterdg1
}
}
#}

The end. If you can help me you are a lifesaver.

1 Like

Where exactly is your error? You don’t have screenshot??

I don’t think “preview” is a command… and put a space between text and bracket.

Hi.
You haven’t said what error message you’ve been getting, but I take it it’s bracket related…?
I think your problem might be the first line.
Choice - Outfit {
This is for hiding(?) Then don’t forget the # at the beginning. Else the SE will include the { as an extra bracket and get an error. But maybe you’ve just missed it in this script cut…

Else try moving up the bracket after the last “I’ll try something else” and see if that helps. Might be the SE just have a hard time following the code.
Nested choices often cause a problem, So many brackets to keep track of. But as far as I can see at first glance yours look just fine, except for a few spaces and line breaks.

Try to be consistent how you write up the choices to make it easier to follow.
either
“Choice alt”{
scene
}
"Next alt{
scene
}
or
}“choice alt”{
scene
}“Next alt”{
scene
}

If you don’t manage to find the trouble, you can always turn the nested choices into a choice under a seperate label, since it’s the same in all the alternatives. Then for changing the outfit have a if/else reference.

<3

Ps. @LI05 I didn’t think so either the first time I encountered it, but actually it is. It allows the reader to see an outfit/hairstyle on the character without actually changing the characters original apperance. Very handy in character creation. :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks everyone, i’ll try to fox it, but if not no problem. I’ll find a way around it! <3

Closing due to one month of inactivity :slight_smile: