Animating overlays of charaters! [A GUIDE]

2 in a day wow

Hiii! I’m TT and I’ll be covering how to animate overlays of characters! This will help you loop run_cry and run_casual animations or simply make custom poses talk!

Today, we are handling custom poses talking!

Now, before I start, I’m going to simply ask one thing from you, if you’re not similar to editing software, please LEARN ONE! I cannot help you if you have no idea what I’m saying!

Here’s my custom pose, but this is not enough, I need 2 or more overlays that provides her mouth moving.

Here is one where her mouth is open.

Now I’m going to use gif method to make her talk. (FOR GIF TUTORIAL GO HERE.)

I start by spotting my overlays and backgrounds.

INT. RED LED BACKGROUND with GRAY CONTAINER to .640 -74 120 in zone 2 at layer 3 with GRAY CONTAINER2 to .964 -117 6 in zone 2 at layer 6 with EVA5 to .568 9 -102 in zone 2 at layer 9 with EVA6 to .568 9 -102 in zone 2 at layer 8 with EVA7 to .568 9 -102 in zone 2 at layer 7
&zoom reset
&overlay EVA6 opacity 0 in 0
&overlay EVA7 opacity 0 in 0

I lower their opacity to zero because I only need the one with closed mouth showing because she’s not talking yet.

Now I’m going to spot her in zone 1 since all characters are in zone 2

@EVA stands screen center in zone 2

It’s time to use the gif method! Read carefully.

&overlay EVA5 opacity 0 in 0 (I lower the closed mouth one.)
&overlay EVA6 opacity 1 in 0 THEN overlay EVA6 opacity 1 in 0.1 THEN overlay EVA6 opacity 0 in 0 THEN overlay EVA7 opacity 1 in 0 THEN overlay EVA7 opacity 1 in 0.1 THEN overlay EVA7 opacity 0 in 0 loop INFINITE times

It is animated now, and she will look like she’s talking. Don’t forget to make the opacity of the closed mouth one %100 once the talking is done.

Here’s how it looks:

Don’t forget to drop your questions! Same goes with running loopings!

Like if this helped you! :heart:

TT's help and suggestion thread!

lol i can see my cursor danny daddy is there

Another amazing one! Your ideas are so awesome! :heart_eyes:

wow whatta legend you are ;))))))

cries :sob:

Stopppppppppppppppppp :sob: :sob:

Creativity at it’s finest :exploding_head:

Have you seen Uwe? You’ll be very surprised in Halloween contest :grin:

Oh I’ve seen her works, and my mind has exploded countless times! I didn’t know she was entering and now I have something to look forward to. Aren’t you entering too? :grinning:

I’m entering as well, with a survival story just like Until Dawn :eyes:

Oooo I’ll definitely be reading.

Thank you!

Oooh, let me just say those wendigos gave me nightmares for a couple of days after watching a let’s play on a YouTube. I’ll be reading your story when it’s out. :+1:

Hehehehe, there’ll be more than wendigos, beware! :joy:

Oh wow, I never even thought to do something like this! I’ll definitely be trying this in the future, so thank you :smile:

There’s a lot more that I haven’t shared yet :joy::joy: