ANIMATION: Crying

I know we have two cry animations, but they’re not very good. In INK and classic, the cries are dramatic and obvious, but the Limelight animations for male and female aren’t. They hardly move, they just hold their face and look sad, They really don’t look like they’re sobbing.

37 Likes

I totally agree! In a specific scene, I attempted to make everyone cry differently, but they seemed to be the exact same crying animations. I can barely tell the difference between the two. Sobbing is more emotional, and heavier than sniffling.

4 Likes

In INK, the crying animation looks so sad, their shoulders move and their mouth is moving and they wipe their face! In classic, they hold their face and sob dramatically! In Limelight, they hold their face

7 Likes

In my opinion, crying doesn’t need to be too dramatic, and they don’t need to necessarily hold their face (I don’t do that) so I’m not exactly a fan of crying animations (no matter limelight or ink)

4 Likes

it would be cool if they could cry actual tears too. i saw it in one story as an overlay and it was dope

4 Likes

but if you’re writing a sad scene you kinda need crying animations and it’s better if they’re more dramatic. like what if a character died and they’re not sobbing, just sniffing

3 Likes

Yes, but there should also be more realistic crying, like for children, bawling, and face turning red- I do not hold my head in hands when I cry, I don’t know about anyone else.
Sorry if I come across as rude,
I only mean to say that yes, those would be good, but there are different, say, “levels” of crying.

1 Like

they don’t have to hold their face, but it looks better when it’s dramatic

2 Likes

Bump

The crying in Limelight is so unrealistic. It just looks fake and unlike crying at all. INK and Classic cries are my all time favorite.

3 Likes

support!

1 Like

i think it’d be cool if they covered their face with their hands and cry like that instead. or crying while sitting, kneeling, and laying down. or if episode added real tears to characters so people won’t have to use a lot of overlays. i agree with you on how dramatic it might be too, i also noticed that. i support this! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Agreed! But does anybody else think that we should have a crying animation while the characters are sitting?

3 Likes

support - we need more crying alternatives…also siting cry animation …and fro msoft cry to realy devastating cry

4 Likes

Agree and totally support!
&bump so this doesn’t get closed for “inactivity”. The cry animations we have now are a subpar mess.

3 Likes

Crying LL characters look like they’re salty fake petty lil slugs and it annoys me sm. like can’t my character have a good dramatic cry? She needs one after seeing these animations. :triumph:

3 Likes

Support! It just doesn’t have enough feeling.

2 Likes

Agree!! :blush:
Like, what if the character’s best friend or family member just died?
Would they really be simply sniffling? :confused:

1 Like

@Venni Oooooh yes! Tears really add to the feeling, I love this idea :star_struck:

1 Like

@amoney Yes!!! Sitting while crying could be a huge help :slight_smile: