ANIMATION: More character animation for Spot Light

Background:
I have played Episode on differend accounts though out the years. I have seen the amazin development that the team behind Episode made. I started to play again and I love the Spot Light - mode!

My Idea:
My idea is to have more emotions and character animations for Spot Light. In Spot Light, the characters can’t sit down or lay down and that why we need a variety of emotions and animations.
You can do that in different forms. For example you can make it possible to change the color of the little “window” where the character is: RED-Angry, PINK-Flirty, GRAY-Sad etc.

I think it would be amazing to be able to really show the emotions, because this mode is all about the story, not directing. That’s why it would be amazing to be able to really express feelings. More standing character animations would be amazing too. I would like more emotions like mad, crazy, evil, heart broken and things like this to be able to really show what they are feeling.

Thank you all for reading this post. :relaxed:

9 Likes

Hi! The title of this feature request currently doesn’t follow the guidelines for suggestion threads. Please review those guidelines and edit your thread to ensure it isn’t closed or deleted. Thanks! :v:t2:

Support 100% :100: all the way! :grinning:

1 Like

It’s so nice to know that I’m not the only one, haha! I hope that we will see some new animations!

1 Like

Thank you! I changed it so it should not be a problem anymore. :smiley:

@Owldemon The other day, I was digging around and exploring game files inside the Episode app and I discovered some very cool, unused spotlight frames that’s hidden in the app! How ironic, right? Have a look:

Here’s a closer look at each of them:

th_frame_3 (the default spotlight frame)
th_frame_3

th_frame angry (angry emotion)
th_frame_angry

th_frame_fear (scared/nervous emotion)
th_frame_fear

th_frame_happy (happy emotion)
th_frame_happy

th_frame_love (love emotion)
th_frame_love

th_frame_surprised (surprised emotion)
th_frame_surprised

th_frame_neutral (neutral emotion)
th_frame_neutral

th_frame_sad (sad emotion)
th_frame_sad

By interpreting this… this means that Episode has already created this, yes, but for some reason has possibly either A.) not released this or made available to the public yet or B.) scrapped the idea. We’ll never know, but time will tell and it would be very awesome if someone figured out a way to get these to work. Either way, I absolutely support to enable/make available these features, including making such animations available for Spotlight. It’ll give Spotlight some much-needed spotlight, no pun intended lol. :+1:

8 Likes

Where did you find all that?

@amberose I found and extracted them from the most recent Android version of Episode (can be done by converting the file type (.apk for Android and .ipa for iOS) to an archive file like .rar or .zip and using a program like WinRAR to extract it). I believe they can also be found and extracted from the iOS version as well, considering I did find some files that were for the iOS version of Episode left in the Android one such as screen recording icons for iOS, in which the feature isn’t available for Android. Though, I haven’t tried that yet.

4 Likes

I honestly don’t even understand half of what you just said so I’m just going to sit here and be amazed at your magic

5 Likes

Omg that’s so cool! Of course you start to wonder why didn’t they implement this in the stories but I really hope that they will somehow make it work.

I was playing another game that is based on spotlight and they had such frames and it was so much easier to understand if the character opened his or her mouth and the background turned yellow.

As I said, I hope they’ll at least consider this. Because it would be wonderful news for us who choose to write in spotlight!

1 Like

Haha, same here. :joy: I’m just amazed that the person even found it haha!

1 Like

So, in addition to the unused Spotlight frames that I discovered and posted a while back, I just discovered another unused one in the most recent Episode update… As you can see, they made them exactly like the current Spotlight frame, but just in golden yellow. Here’s how it looks like:

th_frame_3_premium_NoShadow
th_frame_3_premium_NoShadow

I assume they’re for gem choices, hence the its name “premium”. I suppose Episode is still working and experimenting on something here as I haven’t seen this one or the other ones being used in a story yet.

3 Likes

Basically, they downloaded the Episode Interactive (zipped folder) that has all the files in it to run the game, extracted it (meaning they unzipped it, to whereas it became a open folder) and those window files were in there.

2 Likes

Ahaha, makes a lot of sense now :smiley: Thanks

2 Likes

Of course! :smile:

1 Like