Animation not coming up

No, this probably has something to do with the way you cropped the image when you uploaded the background.

And yes, your characters can have the same size when they walk to a spot, if you scale them correctly.
First tip, never use screen positions, just use spot directing, it’s way more simple to arrange your characters and make an attractive scene like that. To have them the same size you must keep the same scale as they walk.

Examples from this thread: Spot Walking (Walking w/Spot Direction)

The general command is
@CHAR walks to spot S X Y in zone # in T
S = size of the CHAR (default size is 1.280)
X = X axis (left to right)
Y = Y axis (up and down)
zone # = the zone number (1, 2, 3, and sometimes 4)
T = time it take walk between two points (0.1 – infinite)

So S must be their scale when they are not walking, and the same number must remain when they go to a certain spot.

1. Making the character enter into the scene with a spot direction:
You can use the enters command when spotting:
@CHAR enters from left/right to spot S X Y in T
BUT in doing so, the character will enter in the default size.
In order to make the character enter at a custom size, we’ll have to do the following:

@CHAR spot 0.900 50 90 in zone 1

@CHAR spot 0.900 100 90 in zone 2
@CHAR walks to spot 0.900 50 90 in zone 1 in T
We place the character offscreen by putting them in another zone with the spot direction in place.
Then we have the character enter by changing the zone once again. This will ensure that when the character enters from right to left, they will be at the customized size. (I also changed the X coordinate to 100 just to make to make sure the character is completely offscreen.)
EXTRA TIP: Use the same technique when having a character enter from left to right. It should work, AS LONG AS IT ISN’T IN ZONE 1. If we want the character to enter from the left into zone 1, then we use a different technique. Use a negative X coordinate (I usually use -100). Then change the X coordinate to a positive integer. This will push the character onscreen.
Ex:
@CHAR spot 0.900 50 90 in zone 1
@CHAR spot 0.900 -100 90 in zone 1
@CHAR walks to spot 0.900 50 90 in zone 1 in T

If you have any questions feel free to PM me

1 Like