Animation not working? :(

Hi!

So, I have a problem with lines 23-25 from this code:

code%20snippet

For some reason, the animation won’t work. The character SKYE just faces left, does the animation idle_loop and the speech bubble appears.

I’ve tried the following (some lines I knew wouldn’t get me what I want, but I just wanted to see whether the character would at least do the animation I wrote):

@SKYE faces left then SKYE starts callout_neutral

&SKYE starts callout_neutral and SKYE faces left

&SKYE starts callout_neutral then SKYE faces left

&SKYE is callout_neutral then SKYE faces left - here SKYE did idle_loop, then faced left

@SKYE faces left
@SKYE starts callout_neutral

&SKYE faces left
@SKYE starts callout_neutral

&SKYE faces left
 SKYE (callout_neutral)

Even without anything else:

SKYE (callout_neutral)

In none of those cases did she do the animation callout_neutral. She faces left and does idle_loop. Whyyyy? :see_no_evil::see_no_evil::see_no_evil::see_no_evil::see_no_evil:

It is the beginning of the episode and the only place the animation doesn’t work in the entire first episode with over 6K lines of code :expressionless: I’ve had this problem since I first wrote that line. I’ve tried it with other animations instead of callout_neutral and none of them worked.

Anyway, I hope I was specific enough and that someone will be able to tell me what I’m doing wrong.
Thank you! :hibiscus:

Just try changing the & to @ when she walks to screen:

@/SKYE walks to screen right in 3 and SKYE does it while walk_scared_loop and SKYE moves to layer 1

I think this should do the trick, because in your script it looks like she’s trying to do multiple animations at the same time.

This should also work:
@/SKYE walks to screen right in 3 and SKYE does it while walk_scared_loop and SKYE moves to layer 1 then SKYE faces left and SKYE starts callout_neutral

2 Likes

Yes, that worked! Thank you so much :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

No problem, I’m glad it worked :blush:

2 Likes

Closed: Marked as solved by op @Dorky :yay: