Animation Update Feedback Thread

Please share any feedback or bugs that you might be experiencing with the Animation Update here!

12 Likes

Do we have the option to use the standard/old animations without the extra details or have these details been added to the animations and we can’t change/switch them? I’m just wondering incase we don’t like the brow creases for certain characters etc. :thinking:

22 Likes

Yeah, I’m with you on this! I’m hoping that we’re given the choice. Because… [speaking only for myself on this, because I don’t know how others feel] I already like how most of them look… and I’d hate for any of my fave animations to change!

12 Likes

So, wait what happens if we are coding right now but it’s not published yet, will I have to go back through the animations I’ve already put in to see if it changes how the scene looks.

2 Likes

The latter. It’s a change that stems from an update to the underlying tech that controls the animations.

Yes, you may want to go back in and check, but it should not drastically alter the animations. It adds more depth and dimension to what already exists.

10 Likes

Oh, okay. Thanks for answering my question.

1 Like

Thank you, Tory, for replying. I can’t wait to see what the new ones look like because I have been wishing since I joined the Community that there could be more depth to their expressions. Most interested in seeing how it changes the cry_sob/cry_sniff animations.

7 Likes

Hey Tory! First off, I’m so happy that the animations in LL are getting more depth! Some animations have been bothering me for years!
Do you and the team have an estimate of how long till the update is released? Are we talking weeks, months, or closer to a year? Would love to know! :hearts:

5 Likes

Is there going to be an official list, stating which animations you’re changing the look of?!

19 Likes

Well, this is cool; but I agree with @Episode_Rayna. A list would be helpful in figuring out if they’re working correctly and to give feedback on them.

19 Likes

If done correctly this could really amp up some animations! Love this idea Tory :star_struck:

4 Likes

ngl that looks so cool omg

5 Likes

Every animation will be updated as part of these.

15 Likes

:flushed: On the other thread @schittwriter asked something of interest too…
Is this a mandatory update, or can we choose to use the original versions?!

5 Likes

this is going to be so cool!

This will be cool! But I don’t knows if I’ll likes it :worried:

3 Likes

Ooo this looks interesting :eyes: :star_struck: I’m excited to see more about this! Thanks episode! :yay: :blob_hearts:

hopefully in the future they add direction of where the eyes are looking so that all my tall characters can actually look down into the eyes of someone shorter than them and all the shorties don’t have to be talking at someone’s chest. :joy: even if it’s just 3 different settings like slightly up, middle (eye level), slightly down.

Oh and also hopefully they add being able to rotate characters to certain degrees like you can overlays! Similar coding too so it’s easy to code! That would be fabulous too! :sparkles:

10 Likes

That’s a great idea, though I didn’t see it coming at all!

But don’t you think that there are other things the app is lacking? For example, child bodies/clothes. Almost every story seems to have a child in it, and it’s really weird seeing a 5yo with the body of an at least 11yo. Also, maybe with this we will get some new animations altogether? Sometimes it feels like using the same animations again and again for every character.

20 Likes

Just the face? What about some of the sitting loop animations where the foot has a mind of it’s own. Freaks me out every time I see it.

12 Likes

So that means we have to start from scratch creating our characters again, etc. ? Well, I have my scripts copied in word documents so I won’t have to type everything over again. @Tory or we just click on the update button when publishing a new chapter?

7 Likes