Animation Update Feedback Thread

Hi there @Tory !

Oh honey, I’ve got some feedback for this incredibly disruptive update.
Now, we’ve all been feeling a little disappointed with the updates recently, since they’ve only been once a month and still not that spectacular sometimes BUT THIS TAKES THE CAKE :sob: !
I’m currently taking reviewing requests, and after seeing this update, I can’t even bring myself to watch…
Right, now everyone seems to be having issues with the change in animations themselves, and of what I’ve seen, they are worse now than they were before.
We appreciate that people within episode must work hard and spend a lot of time on updates within the art catalog, and no one means to sound ungrateful for their hard work but this is not what we asked for.

My main issue is the way they talk. It’s just a continueous up/down movement that looks SOOO unrealisitc, even more so than they did before.

You can avoid certain animations, and get used to some over time, but the way they talk is NOT ITTTT!!! :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :sob:

You guys tried to make the animations more realisitc and well… did the opposite.
So many of the animations were used with multi-purposes because that what they fit - now everyone who’s factored this into their coded has got trouble on their hands.

I never had effort to finish my stories before hand, and NOW? bae i aint even opening the portal.

p.s. i love you episode, but for the sake of over a million people, change it back, or we’re all gonna start snarling like Miss gurl in our stories.

20 Likes

Was that weird lip glitch fixed?

1 Like

Still the same on my end. My LIs are fighting for their lives rn :face_exhaling:

4 Likes

FYI:

I will also likely make a separate feedback thread in the AM, but for now, feel free to add anything further that is positive and/or constructive here. I will move it later if need be.

55 Likes

Damn it.

1 Like

@Tory Does this mean we’ll get our old animations back?! If so, thank god! And thank you for taking our concerns to the Episode Team.

23 Likes

Thank you so much for listening to the feedback (and navigating the thousands of comments), Tori!

12 Likes

Wait so they’re scrapping it for now???

8 Likes

Thank you for everything, @Tory. It feels amazing knowing you guys are hearing us. We appreciate you all for your hard work and I personally can’t wait to see what this means in terms of new animations

15 Likes

do we have to reupdate our stories?

they confirmed on their instagram that they are taking the new animations off!

18 Likes

I’m sooo pleased you have read the feedback and understood us!!! I feel bad for you gurl, reading through over 1k comments :heart: @Tory

3 Likes

omg is old episode coming back??? :smiling_face_with_tear: if so, omgggg

6 Likes

Once again thank you for all the open communication and consideration of the feedback! You’ve done a fantastic job navigating this very long thread and responding to our concerns 🫶🏻

13 Likes

Finally!!!

5 Likes

yayy thank you for reading all the feedback!

3 Likes

Thank you for listening and reading all of this feedback, it feels better to know that we are being heard and listened to as a community. :heart: and yes im going to go and celebrate

2 Likes

We did it, Guys, Gals and nonbinary pals. We saved the animations

17 Likes

I’m so very happy! When they eventually roll out a new update for the animation software, I seriously hope they do a better job than they did this time.

7 Likes

My love for @episode has returned!!

3 Likes