Animation Update Moving Forward Feedback Thread

I agree, but I wanted to keep my response on the more ‘positive’ things that the update brought as I’m sure that the thousands of posts in the previous thread managed to get that point across :joy:

3 Likes

Yeah true hahaha. But I love your post. It was well summarized!!! Also I love your stories!!! I’ve read Adventurous: Seven Seas!!! I hope you can continue it because I love it!!!

2 Likes

Oh, thanks so much! I will eventually, but life gets in the way sometimes.

(Also to stay on topic)
Do you think if they changed the way/speed the lips move and the shading of the creases, most of our problems with this update would be solved? Alongside the few minor bugs of course.

2 Likes

Not entirely sure. I can’t really picture it in my head. But maybe it would be great? I’m not entirely sure to be honest as I can’t imagine what it looks like.

2 Likes

Well, I’ve seen how my characters looked with the new animations and it does need to be ironed out. Example being singing animations have the insides of their mouths the same color as their lips so you can’t see their teeth. Also, characters that have full heart lips with vampire fangs previously showed only one of their fangs in their mouths and it’s been fixed to show them with both fangs when you see their teeth. Now I log on tonight and all the updates are gone. What happened?

3 Likes

Due to feedback, the newest animation update has been rolled back to facilitate the fixes they’ll do.

2 Likes

Hi! So yes a lot of us didn’t like the update because of how warped it made the mouths looked. It really distorted the shapes. If you scroll up, I made a comparison between what Medium Straight Natural Lips looked like before the update versus how it looked like with the update. Many of us didn’t see it the same way. That’s why Episode removed it.

3 Likes

I think if it’s possible for them to have a more open communication about the update they’re working on and getting us more involved would help to get an idea what there is to work with. Such as is it possible to make a new art style without it costing a lot or being super time consuming for them? if no, ok then we can drop that idea. Is it possible to make new animations from the previous new update without touching the current facial looks of the existing animations? If not, then we can brainstorm how we can work with the new technology that will be taking over the app in the future better. Stuff clarified/explained and answered like that. And what can we do that can help? Like would it help to show screenshots of favorite facial expressions also noting what facial features and animation are used in the screenshots? I personally wouldn’t want any of the current facial expressions on the animations to look differently since I have it fairly memorized and I’m so used to it and have particular gotos even ones I only use for the ending looks, if anything then just new ones made separately. I’d just like to know how I can further help and so I’m not suggesting ways that aren’t really feasible.

On another note, I didn’t see the questions on the original post until just now lol so it might be helpful to answer those instead of blabbing on :clown_face:

6 Likes

Tbh, I can agree. That way it would seem a bit okay for the update. Hm, cause I know everyone was disappointed with the movement of the mouth, how big it was, and the duration of the animations.

2 Likes

I think others were getting glitches too? Idk if I am correct or not. :thinking:

To stay on topic, if there is going to be a choice to use old or new animations including it as a CC or outfit option would really make coding a mess and waste a lot of the author’s time. It’d be a nightmare to figure out the exact moment a character’s brows furrow — if it’s even possible. I think the best option would be uploading them as separate animations.

5 Likes

Agreed.

1 Like

Lips were the hot topic lol. The lipstick smudge glitch, the braces glitch, the gummy teeth glitch, etc. The movements sometimes showed a piece of lip just completely detached and inside the mouth — like the corner of the mouth was floating in between the teeth.

3 Likes

Omg I didn’t even check the braces!!! XDDD but different lip shapes, yes!!

1 Like

I would like them to keep the mouth movements the same as before the update. There was nothing wrong with the mouths.

I wonder if they can do this update without changing the lips and how they move.

1 Like

As much as I would also like that - realistically, they either have to update their entire animation catalogue for LL as it is so that they can move forward with adding new assets, or they create an entirely new style and move all new things over there. The last thing I want is another INK update situation where people ask when the old LL is going to be updated lmao.

6 Likes

That would a lot of work though, because they still have to add new things to Limelight, so hopefully once they are done with Limelight then they could move on to a new style. Hm, imagine how the new style would look though. XDDD

1 Like

Omg yes that is true! But the problem here is that when they updated LL, it looked very weird and different and it took away the pleasure that most authors enjoyed.

So if there is a way to update LL without greatly changing how LL looks, that would be great.

Does that make sense? :joy:

2 Likes

I mean, imagine good ol beta LL coming back like PLL :joy:

3 Likes

What does “PLL” mean?

2 Likes