Animation Update Moving Forward Feedback Thread

Tory actually responded to someone asking whether there will be updated animations or not:

2 Likes

Yes I 100% agree. Also Tory mentioned that the animations will likely come back but in a different form.

2 Likes

Clearly a lot of people didn’t like it. It removed a lot of the things we were used to.

It’s not just people in this forum, but also a ton of people on Instagram hated it too.

I don’t think episode will make the same mistake again.

Sure an animation update must happen but as Tory said, it will come back in a different form.

3 Likes

Yes, even the earliest versions of LL were horrible. However, i think the new animations could really improve LL tremendously if they listen to some of our advice.

1 Like

I agree with you but I think they should give the animations separately in addition to what we already have. They shouldn’t replace the ones that we are used to.

I think the animations that they initially gave us with the update were very warped. It really changed how the lips moved.

I think that they should keep the lips pretty much how they are.

I hope our feedback goes through to them since @Tory said that she made this feedback to capture as much of our feedback as possible.

3 Likes

Also I know what you mean by this but the change that episode gave us, was on something that didn’t really need fixing to begin with.

Like the male lip shape Medium Straight Natural was heavily warped and affected. It moved very weird and distorted. My character literally looked like he was having an allergic reaction. It was overall inaccurate.

This change really affected our motivation and many authors were discouraged to continue their story.

Now as @aromaticcerise said, some changes are inevitable but based on how we reacted to the initial update, we would like the lips and the way they animate to be left alone and instead have the updated animations fixed and added in separately.

The angry animations for example became too furious, as well as the terrified ones.

We would like the new more emotive animations to be separate and fixed to look more realistic.

Hope this makes sense :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hi @Tory

So for the bugs I’d like to see fixed, I would definitely want the lips and mouth to be more like how they originally were. The updates lips looked really odd and very uneven. Like many people said on here, uncanny. The updated animations made the intended emotions look more dramatic and weird.

I liked the angry animations but like a lot of people said, they should be separate. Also the lips need to look more normal. Overall though, this update really didn’t bring much pleasure to me. It was very unexpected and I wished it could’ve been an option.

As stated before, I would like to see the more furious angry animations. But as separate animations.

I found the creases to be a bit awkward. I think that they should be more like the skin color. I think that the lines should be more faded out instead of being in a darker shade. Also like a lot of people said here, the lips and mouth should be left as they are. They shouldn’t be changed.

I hope this gets reviewed and I am looking forward for what’s to come. :blush:

2 Likes

I don’t think they will.

2 Likes

Where do I see this entire update? or how?

1 Like

They rolled it back a week ago. It didn’t event last 48 hours lol.

The reason why they rolled it back was because it took away a lot of the subtlety that we were used to. The update made all the lip shapes move very odd and uncanny. They added creases towards the forehead when the characters would get upset. This all looked very unrealistic.

Their intended purpose with the update was to add more realism and to allow the character to express more. But what it did was that it completely made the character look odd and unreal. I have some photos for example if you scroll up.

After a lot and I mean A LOT of backlash from the episode community, Instagram, and the forums, they rolled it back and gave us back the old animations. They have since made a thread which is this one, and its intention is to allow us to give feedback so that when they release the update again, it will look more suitable and fit our needs. They want to make sure that the next update will include most of our feedback.

3 Likes

i got a little window in the portal that notifies me that the new animation whatever is gonna be instilled soon. So does that mean that they’re coming back with this update soon, modified and fixed? Cause I doubt my browser is getting notifications from a week before.

2 Likes

Could you send a screenshot? What do you mean by “little window”?

1 Like

it’s no longer there after i clicked on it.
there was an announcement about this update and a button “learn more”

1 Like

Oh okay so it was probably an older notification

2 Likes

Cause if they were going to re-release it, they would’ve announced it on their Instagram and in the forums here.

I think what’s going to happen is once they’ve seen everything, they will probably respond back to us to clarify some things and then close/lock this thread once everything has been made clear.

Also Tory who is the one that made this thread, is probably also looking at this from time to time while sending back feedback to the team.

3 Likes

Just to correct, they said that “some changes are inevitable”. No one knows what’s going to happen. But I think since the majority of us want Limelight to look similar/same externally, I think the team will try their best to make sure the face and mouth doesn’t get affected. Keep in mind that we hated the initial update. So I’m very sure that the new update won’t update the animations to the point where it feels weird.

Also as Tory said, the new animations will likely come back BUT in a different form.

Hope this makes sense :smile::smile::smile:

5 Likes

I think there might be some change but I don’t think it will be a lot.

3 Likes

No im not disagreeing with that at all. Again, i think a lot of the previous LL animations were also awkward and uncanny in their own sense. Were just used to it, which is what im just pointing out. The new animations are buggy and awkward but its also still in its early stages so im just excited to see how its developed

3 Likes

With the original animations feeling a bit robotic and expressionless and the new ones feeling too intense, i think if they find a balance between the two it would improve tremendously

3 Likes

Yes this makes a lot of sense!

I think that the animations should have more expression. I just think that it could be done a different way. Without replacing what we already have.

I think in the future we should have more expressive animations. Just not ones that are too intense and they shouldn’t replace ones we are used to.

Episode has pretty much always given new changes without replacing the old ones. The changes were always optional. And that is what we want for this case at the end of the day.

And also thank you for providing your perspective. I hope you have an amazing day :smile::smile::smile::relaxed::relaxed::relaxed:

2 Likes