Anna’s Writing Counseling! 🦋

Do you suffer from writers block? Struggle with grammar? Want to write a story but not sure how to start?
My name is Anna, and I offer writing advice for stuck and struggling authors!
If you are in need of my service, please reply to this post with whatever it is you need help with, and I will be more than happy to assist you!

• Anna :heart:
15 Likes

In the moment I don‘t help but what you are offering is really nice.

3 Likes

Thank you for this thread! :upside_down_face:
Do you review stories that are not published yet?
I would like my story to be proof read, I’m not happy with some of the sentences, maybe you’ve got some suggestions about what to change. And there might be some grammar and spelling mistakes :thinking:

2 Likes

Sure! Since it’s not published yet, do you have any way for me to read it? Maybe you could put it in a google doc and email it to me?

1 Like

I can send you the link, you will be able to read it :slight_smile: I’ll send it by dm :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Hey girlie, I have actually been looking for a proofreader for my story as well! It is published atm and I would just love some advice on choice of words and phrases as well! If you have some time let me know as I would love some feedback! Thank you <3

1 Like

Sure, I’d be happy to help! What’s your name and story title?

1 Like

Ahh thank you!
It’s KlutzEKat and the story title is Mysteria! If you would like the link instead let me know! :purple_heart:

1 Like

Hey, so I’m writing a story and I really need help with grammar because English is not my first language. Could you maybe help me? My story isn’t published yet and I already have the dialogue so maybe you can check it out and tell me what I add or change?

1 Like

Sure! What’s the story?

Hi Anna! First things first I’m really glad you created this help thread because I am in the middle of a writer’s block. So I’m directing the scene where the MC introduces herself through narrator bubbles but I kind of don’t know what to write. She’s a freshman at a highschool and right now she’s inside her dorm. Should I stick with the basic Hi my name is… I won a scholarship at… This is my first year…? Or should I do something else? Please help me!
*Sorry it’s kinda a lame request but I hope u can assist me anyway

1 Like

I don’t know if you’ve ever heard this before, but when you’re writing it’s better to “show, not tell”. What I mean by that is, instead of outright telling the reader about your character, try embedding these things within the plot. This tends to keep the reader more interested. What I recommend is that you start with some kind of introduction in which you introduce the conflict (sometimes it’s easiest to do a flashback or flash forward, but there are other ways to do this you can get creative) and then you show the ‘daily life’ of the main character, introducing who she is through her experiences and interactions with other characters. If any of this doesn’t make sense or if you have any questions let me know. I hope this was helpful! :purple_heart:

1 Like

Obviously you don’t need to follow this entirely, it’s just a basis for a storyline. It’s always more important that you get creative with your plot and storytelling!

Thanks Anna. I thought your idea about the flashback or flashforward thing is amazing, it totally cured my writer’s block. I think I’ll go with flashforward. Thank you, sooo much! This has been troubling me for a long time.

1 Like

You’re welcome! So glad I could help! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

What’s ironic is that I get awful writers block too, I just find it easier to help other people out of it :joy:

Hey, @Anna.Epp. Is your writing counseling service still open?

Yup! How can I help?

So, I’m working on my final Episode story. It’s a short story about dance. I’m halfway done with the first chapter, but I am struggling with writer’s block. Can I PM you my story’s outline and what I have so far?

Sure!