🦋 Anna’s Writing Counseling 🦋

This got closed a little while ago so I thought I’d reopen it :grin:

Do you suffer from writers block? Struggle with grammar? Want to write a story but not sure how to start?
My name is Anna, and I offer writing advice for stuck and struggling authors!
If you are in need of my service, please reply to this post with whatever it is you need help with, and I will be more than happy to assist you!
PLEASE GIVE ME AS MUCH INFORMATION AS POSSIBLE REGARDING YOUR TOPIC/QUESTION!!
This makes it a lot easier for me to help you, as all writers are unique and therefore advice is subjective. Things such as examples are also very helpful. You can send these to me via my email, below.
(I do not make reviews or offer free proofreading!)

• Anna :heart:
15 Likes

Moved to Episode Fan Community since this doesn’t fit into any Creator’s Corner categories. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :wink:

1 Like

Hi, Anna! This is a really great thing you are doing. Thanks, me and many others appreciate this :grin:
One of my lovely, great friends read through my story. I want another opinion on my writing, not so much my coding. It’s my first story I am publishing on this platform. (I did work on Wattpad, but it didn’t get anywhere+I did not do much) so I was wondering if you could provide any help with that?
Let me know, please. Thank you!

2 Likes

Hey Anna! I’d love to get better with making smoother scenes and a better flow overall.

Hey! I need help thinking of scenes. Here’s the link to this post I made with more information:

Sure! Send me a copy of your script and I’d be happy to give feedback! :grin:
Here’s my email:

2 Likes

I suffer from writer’s block routinely, honestly. What do you recommend?

2 Likes

I need help with character development and flowing the scenes like for it to make sense :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Ok so the first thing that I would recommend is to plan out your basic storyline before writing your story, and then plan out each individual episode, and the scenes within them. (Each individual episode should be mapped out [preferably] in one sitting) This is more of a general guide, but in order to cater my advice specifically towards your writing it would be helpful to have an example. Send me one, or a couple scenes that you’re struggling with, that way I will be able to find more specific advice I can give you.

1 Like

Alright. I just notice that when my amazing co-writer @eliseclairmont writes, it flows so well, and my doesn’t.

1 Like

Yeah, I understand. It is kind of subjective to your writing style. Email me and I’ll try to help :slight_smile:
vv

1 Like

Omg I relate :joy: ok so writers block comes from a number of different things. It can be that you lack inspiration, confidence, or sometimes you just stop liking your story. Sometimes people will feel as though you aren’t receiving a wide enough audience, and so they will just lose motivation. I think it is important to first recognize the root of your writers block, so that you can then find a way to overcome it.

1 Like

My brain hurts :’)

1 Like

Ok so character development needs to be seen in all main characters, i.e. the protagonist, the love interest, and maybe some supporting characters. Whether it be loss of innocence, gaining strength, or empathy, character development is absolutely vital to the story. This concept should unfold throughout the story; it is not an abrupt change. There should be key scenes that contribute to this change, where it is evident to the reader that character change is taking place. In terms of flowing between scenes, this advice may also be helpful to you:

If you have more specific questions regarding character development, I would be happy to answer them as best as I can. As far as flowing between scenes goes, if you would like, you can send me an example of some transitions you felt did not go smoothly, and I could offer you my advice.

My Email

annaleighman8@gmail.com

1 Like

Thank you so much!

1 Like

No problem! :two_hearts:

1 Like

Thanks!
It is already written and coded (the first episode) so is it alright if I PM you the link to that?

1 Like

Thanks for replying!

Well, it’s not that I don’t like the story - to be honest, I kinda laugh at my own jokes every time I go to write more of it.
And it wouldn’t be that I feel my audience is too small; I never upload anything incomplete. (In other words, I’ve never yet uploaded anything. Lol)
I just seem to have this problem where I have a vague idea of what’s going to happen, but am not sure how to get it on paper, if that makes sense. The beginning is done, I know how it’s supposed to end… but the middle just gets me.

Sure! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Okay, great. Thank you.

1 Like