ANNOUNCEMENT Leaderboard Shelves are live updating again!

?

Ok then :ok_hand:

Hi Liz,
I have a question about my stories and am hoping to get a response from you here.
A month and a half ago, my LL story ”Are all Monsters Evil?” was removed from the app.
When I emailed back with questions, I never got a response.
During this time I have filed 4 tickets and sent several emails to the Episode team, trying to get a reply and answers to my questions, but it seems they are now ignoring me.

Yesterday, my INK version of the same story was approved without having to change anything in it, and is now ok to be back in the ranks.

So how come the exact same story was approved in ink, but had to be REMOVED in LL?
And how come Episode is not responding to any of my emails?
It doesn’t feel that great having one’s story removed and then being ignored when asking questions about it…

I hope you can shed some light on this matter.
Thanks.

1 Like

Anyone, please:

images

21 Likes

There aren’t a lot of responses in this thread. :thinking:

It’s clear that Episode caters to the “big” author.

How about making a “small” author permanent shelf with a max of 100k reads, for example? Yes, you have the hidden gem shelf, but make something that’s permanent and features more than 6-12 stories. There are thousands upon thousands of hidden gems. Spread the wealth, Episode.

15 Likes

why? this whole approve of stories is honestly kind of stupid honestly youve kinda of just put like wayyyyy too much stress on yourself- what was the purpose in this? :neutral_face:

1 Like

i love that idea and i hate what episodes doing atm so yeah episode maybe take some advice

2 Likes

“Action, Adventure, Thriller and Horror have shorter shelves because they have fewer numbers of Approved stories” Well that’s because you guys have only been approving romance/Drama genres :upside_down_face: Can’t yall also focus on approving other genres too? And there are authors out there that has been waiting for two months for their review.

5 Likes

Same here. I requested a review for all my stories about two months ago as well. When I saw nothing was happening I requested them for review again, one by one. They responded after a week with them… but I’m still pending review for 3 out of 6

Is there a reason why Thriller/Horror barely have any approved stories so far? I think it’s quite sad that romance etc. are getting more attention. I sent a thriller story of mine in for review 2 months ago and haven’t heard anything back. You folks say stories are being reviewed in the order they’re received but that’s obviously not true. It’s frustrating for authors that are still waiting. And I find this all to be very unorganized and confusing.

6 Likes

Hm, this is a good announcement but im a little confused on understanding it but ill get it eventually lol

2 Likes

With the fear of being off topic: I think the reason romance and drama have more stories approved than others is because those are the genres people were complaining about the most. I think Episode probably wanted to get those done first so people could quit with the: every romance/genre story is against the guidelines spiel.

It’s not something I agree with, but I think that might be why. :woman_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes

I think last time they said they would start with the trending stories and the contest winners. But even if they go in order (which I doubt too), it’s actually very possible that most of the stories in the queue are romance. I’m pretty sure that there are more romance stories than action/adventure/thriller and horror combined together, so I personally think this is fair.

7 Likes

I’m also going to add onto this that I sent my romance story in for review like the 16th of September and just got the approval email on Tuesday. It’s not just thriller/horror. Authors in all genres are having to wait for reviews. :woman_shrugging:t2::sweat_smile:

5 Likes

@Liz it has been almost two months since I’ve requested for my story to be reviewed, and there’s still nothing? How long is it gonna take? Will our (small authors’) stories be reviewed by New Year, or are we supposed to just sit and quack like ducks on the forum, hopelessly trying to get noticed for once in a while?

1 Like

I’ve seen stories (of all different genres) that were sent in a week ago that have been approved already so I’ve been confused about Episode’s review timeline. But, thanks for your response!

@Liz it this normal one of my stories In horror suddenLy not there? That story is more than 1 month at horror trading and had been review too. :thinking::thinking::confused: I hope it back to trading soon.

I mean, this is of course just my opinion :slightly_smiling_face:

Can I ask how do you know about this? Because this sounds confusing indeed:

If this happens, my guess would be that they also prioritize stories that are recommended for weekly shelves. This happened to my story too, I submitted it late, but they reviewed it in a short time, because it fit a shelf theme. Or maybe stories that are reported by readers?

6 Likes

What about new story review? Do you have any explanations on that?
If our upcoming story reach the top 100 will you automatically review it? Or will it takes a week, a month? I’m very confused.

Fellow authors post their review updates on Instagram :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

@Liz I wonder why two of my stories suddenly disappeared from the comedy section. :disappointed_relieved: