Announcing Fantastical! Our June 2018 Creator's Contest

They recommend publishing just before or near to the deadlinr and promote it then. The reason behind this is that the reader engagement starts to count after the entry deadline. They recommend it so that the story may have a higher reader engagement count. However, it is not mandatory to do so. It’s totally up to you, when do you want to publish and promote etc. It is preferrable to publish near the deadline but it’s not required. Stories can still win the contest without publishing near deadline if the reader engagement is high. Hope I helped!

3 Likes

I have a question the thing that is up in the starting of the thread…
In which it says submit something so we have to fill it right??
Should we fill it after we have published the story or you might publish…

If you use a made up country, and use magic in it, I don’t see why it wouldn’t be counted as fantasy! Good luck in the contest!

Thank you! I never knew this!

I tried that, they don’t read it. Trust me

A lot ask for proof of reads, and you can do the same. Or consider trying Instagram which has a much larger population of readers than the forums imo, Here’s a guide to getting more reads on your story if you’d like to read it. The point here is that posting on this topic won’t bump your reads more necessarily.

I’ve tried instagram doesn’t work for me. Besides I ain’t gone get reads anyway

Who said I wanted to go viral, I started doing episode stories because it made me feel like I was creating an actual show on tv

Hey, I know that it can be frustrating sometimes not getting reads and feeling like all your hard work is unappreciated. However, it’s important to realize that as an author, especially on these forums, your online “personality” is a direct reflection of your stories. If people find your comments offputting, then they may not want to read your story.

You can still express your honest opinions, but writing things on here doesn’t necessarily come across the same way as it might in person because emotion is removed from it. If you want people to read your story, you can promote it in the threads listed but also make sure to really spend time on updating it. That’s what keeps readers coming back.

Additionally, I don’t think that @ShortSpaces meant anything negative. You can see in her comment that she said “maybe” which is indicative of her trying to be nice. You have to really think about what you write and sometimes when we are emotional, it’s not the best time to post things. Good luck with your story

6 Likes

Thank you, I will take this into consideration! :smile:

Yes, you helped a lot! Thank you so much @Sarina.K :grin:

1 Like

Yes, you fill it out right after you have published.

Yep!! That is the rule. It has to be after you publish the form before you can fill out the form

Liz,I want to change a name of my story,but I already answer your form. Can I change or after you tell the result about the winner? Anyone please answer me. :cry:

1 Like

If you email support with your story details they’ll tell you what to do.

I had this issue with the Heroes and Villains contest. Just change the name and email the support with the update and they will look into it.

Good luck!

:blue_heart::blue_heart::blue_heart:

Thanks, I’ll try. :love_letter:

1 Like

Does Reader Retention matter for this contest? Do I have to wait till closer to the deadline to get points for this??

Yes reader’s retention definitely matters for a story…to win…(I think)
No its not really important to publish it closer to the deadline but people do that as the reader’s retention is counted after the contest deadline passes…

Reader Retention matters a lot in this contest. That is you should publish your story after May 30