Announcing Fantastical! Our June 2018 Creator's Contest

I’m sure this question has been asked multiple times already but when would it be a good time to publish my story for the contest?

1 Like

As close to the deadline as possible =)

Liz wrote this on the H&V contest page:

Reader engagement starts to count after the entry deadline, not before. We recommend publishing close to the deadline and promoting your story at that time.

https://forums.episodeinteractive.com/t/heroes-villains-the-first-creators-contest-of-2018/55/94

5 Likes

How to get a link of the story? I can find only “share” link. Please tell me. I want to share the story too! :cry:

1 Like

If your story is unpublished that’s the only way. If your story is published, the only real way (I’m pretty sure) is to just tell people the name of your story for them to search.

I may be wrong though.

I know about a link now. Like we need to put a link that has character,outfit,create a story and share the story. We need to put that link in a google form. :grin: Sorry if I had a bad grammar. I’m not Brittish,Kiwi (New Zealand) or American. I’m Thai.

1 Like

No worries! Glad you were able to figure it out :blush:

And I wouldn’t have noticed any grammar issues if you hadn’t mentioned it!

Not sure if this has been asked butttt

Would retelling a popular myth be considered violating copy right?

I want to introduce my story by explaining the myth of Lilith but not sure if this is allowed??
It would not be the full story - just an intro.

I think that would fall under an adaptation. It’s a myth so it doesn’t necessarily have a specific author. As long as you’re changing the story a bit or prefacing it as an adaptation or retelling then I think you’re fine. By default, since choices have to be incorporated, your story will be different.

I love the concept! I’m sure it will be excellent-can’t wait to read it!

3 Likes

Whoa, excited much. Have completed all three episodes for this contest. But the story isn’t complete. Published as well. This is my first story, so wish me luck and give me Feedback’s. It’s called Fantastical: Eternal.

3 Likes

Mythology and religion aren’t copyrighted, especially when they’ve been around for centuries, so you’re good.

2 Likes

You’re definitely okay in terms of copyright with myths and biblical stories. Generally, copyright is a very vague concept, but usually applies to post 20th century work!

1 Like

Omg that makes you my twin. June 4th is my birthday too

I found my twin! :joy:
This is so off topic.

My story has been published for less than a day but I forgot to include Fantastical in the title. Does it still count as retitling a previously published story when it was meant for the contest and has only been published for less than a day?

2 Likes

I do not think so, but the best way to know for sure is through @Liz

Definitely going to enter, now to think of some ideas.

I’m not entering. I’m not good at writing stories and I only have 24 reads on my story :disappointed_relieved:. I think there should be a shelf called ‘notice me’ where authors who aren’t getting a lot of reads on their stories are published. The chosen stories should be based on plot and how good their ideas are. It’s so hard to write an episode story and it would be nice to receive some motivation.:pensive: Just a suggestion x

5 Likes

Girl, just bc you don’t have reads doesn’t mean your story isn’t good. You just got to believe in yourself :grin: I’m sure your stories are great.

11 Likes

I’m writing a season 2 of the first story I wrote. If I was to publish that for this would it be ok. Based on the fact that it’s a season 2 (but from another perspective) or does it have to be completely original

It’s okay if you publish a season two but the fact that the person has to read season 1 first to clear the concept of the plot is not a really good idea. This decreases your chances of winning, but you can always change its plot a little, and later notify your readers it was supposed to be a season two.

1 Like