Announcing Fantastical! Our June 2018 Creator's Contest

Does Reader Retention matter for this contest? Do I have to wait till closer to the deadline to get points for this??

Yes reader’s retention definitely matters for a story…to win…(I think)
No its not really important to publish it closer to the deadline but people do that as the reader’s retention is counted after the contest deadline passes…

Reader Retention matters a lot in this contest. That is you should publish your story after May 30

Official Warning: Any disputes please take to private message. Many people seem to be derailing this topic, even if not intended. And another reminder to please flag any violating post’s instead of replying to the offenders in the topic. Thanks.

8 Likes

How far is everyone now with their fantastical story?

Still stuck on the 3rd episode…
It just doesn’t seem to end…:joy::joy:

1 Like

I keep changing my ideas, at this point, I’m not even sure if I’m gonna make it to the deadline. But hey, I like challenges.

Btw, I hope you guys like apocalypse stories. Because a big one coming soon on June 4th :sunglasses:

1 Like

I only have about 70 lines in the first episode so I probably won’t finish in time.

Still on episode 2. I ended up getting stuck with extra work hours, so I couldn’t write for a few weeks. I’m back on it, though!

Mine is finished but waiting till after May 30 ;-;

This is nice. Did you do it yourself?

I been having issues with directing and now my internet is down. Wish me luck.

@S.Dsana luckkkyyyy. You are still ahead of me by far. I am still struggling to finish the second episode and I have no idea what I am going to for the third episode.

@Fixelled, same. I probably won’t finish on time.

@Booklady1017, good luck!! I hope your internet comes back on.

Thank you. I actually got to the third episode when my internet went down and I wrote the script in word after that, so that will help a bit at least. Good luck to you. I hope you are able to meet your goal and finish.

1 Like

Thank you and yes I did. If you want help, I can help you if you need it.

I’m stuck on the third. I know what I want to happen but when I write it out, it’s not how I pictured it.

Just a question. Will there be a Pride shelf as well as the Fantastical shelf? It would be very disappointing if there wasn’t.

Yep! They’re currently asking for suggestions for the Pride shelf on Instagram. Since the contest deadline is in June (during Pride Month), the shelf for the contest probably won’t be out until July or August anyway.

I know the feeling of not knowing what is gonna happen in the story next…
I have the whole episode planned in my head it just doesn’t turn out like I want it to…
But directing takes a LOT of time…

2 Likes

I have :see_no_evil: I’m hoping it will be ready before the contest deadline.