Announcing Fantastical! Our June 2018 Creator's Contest

The previous contest didn’t have a specific genre, nor did the previous one. The Halloween contest had to be under the thriller or horror category.
Some contests state in the rules a specific genre they must be published in, and Fantastical is one of those contests.

The story must be published in the fantasy category or it’ll be disqualified. Which makes sense since it’s a fantasy contest :joy:
That said, most novels mix in several sub-genres, so your fantasy story with romance and comedy elements is still totally viable… as long as you publish in the fantasy section!

4 Likes

Welp, at least we can change it after contest is over :crazy_face:

Thank you so much! I play Episode since last year but I joined the community just at the end of February, so I didn’t know a lot about contests :blush:

Exactly lol

1 Like

Oh, well good luck in the contest, then! I’m not joining this time because I really need to work on my current projects without anymore distractions😂

1 Like

Thank you! :slight_smile:

I’m not an Episode Official (obviously,), but, it doesn’t explicitly state in the rules that crossover/prequels/pre-established worlds aren’t allowed. I don’t see why they wouldn’t.

I did see the screenshot of the message you got, on Instagram, that started your worrying - and I was thinking, maybe it was disqualified because it was a crossover with a TV show/movie or something? I don’t remember the wording, but it might be worth checking. I know crossovers with anything like that aren’t allowed.

Anyways, good luck! Either way, super excited to read your story!

2 Likes

I’ve seen somewhere in the old forums that someone said sequels aren’t allowed. I think it was Liz but I’m not sure. Anyway, @wincyyellow’s case is different :thinking:

1 Like

Are we allowed to use Limelight and Ink characters in the same story?

No, when you write a story, you can only choose one style to use for that one story.

If I recall correctly, Liz has confirmed that it’s allowed, but the fact that it’s possible is a glitch so if Episode ever decides to go against the community’s wishes and fix that glitch, it could break your story. So it’s risky, but not against the rules.

2 Likes

Thank you so much.

1 Like

If you want to use both characters in a story you have to create a new story. BUT DO NOT CLICK ON ANYTHING! At the top where it says write story; change story to characters.
It will take you to the character page and you should have all three.
But like @purplezombieattack said: it’s glithy. It’s better to use one character or one specific style.

@Liz, I am curious after reading the above conversations. There use to be a rule in which spin offs, same characters, or series were not allowed. Why was this rule lifted? o-o

1 Like

Yea I actually got warned by an author who got disqualified because he/she had crossovers with a different story he/she wrote. After removing a scene, my story only has a couple references now.

I still wanna play it safe though. Submitted a ticket 7 days ago and I’m still waiting for a real response :pensive:

I was looking at the rules too. I couldn’t find it as well.

Really want to find an answer regarding this. I don’t want to get disqualified just because of some references of a different story :sob:

Understandable. I hope you can get this all figured out in time!

1 Like

Thank you! Good luck to your entry too :smiley:

1 Like

Me: Writes on story
A couple hours later

Me: I give up

5 Likes

I’m pretty sure that Mette won best directing for the Mother’s Day 2016 contest, and her story was about her MC from The Teacher, making it a direct spin-off.

1 Like