Announcing MM: Monster Mash - A community-ran Halloween contest!πŸŽƒπŸ‘»

Hello Episodians! Since Episode won’t be announcing a new contest until around the new year, I put together a Halloween contest with the help of those who will be judging the entries.

Untitled33

Theme

Monster Mash! Your story must contain monsters or a Halloween-related creature of some form. Vampires, Ghouls, Goblins, Werewolves, ghosts, something you created, you name it! The creatures don’t have to be evil or scary (but they can be), they just have to exist as relevant to the plot.

RULES & HOW TO ENTER
  • Your entry MUST contain β€œMM:” at the start of the title or else your entry won’t be counted.

• Your story MUST introduce the monsters at some point between chapters 1-3. How else will we judge how well your contest fits the theme?!

• Your story can be any genre and it can be ink or limelight! Although @AMagic is hosting a Halloween thriller contest, so check that contest out if you want to write thriller! You may enter both if your story fits both themes.

• Your entry MUST be a new story that was NOT previously published before the contest announcement. If it was previously published, it will be disqualified.

• The deadline is THURSDAY OCTOBER 24TH! Your story must be published by October 24th at 10:00 PM Eastern time.

• If you enter, please provide your story title and author name to the judges using the google form linked below so we can keep track of entries! You will not be able to change your story title after you fill out this form until the winners are announced. Form link: MM Entry Google Form

• If your story does not follow all of the guidelines above, your story may be disqualified.

PRIZES

1st place:

• One free drawn cover provided by our artist @miliberkeley on instagram

• A badge/sticker to put on your story cover, indicating you’ve won the Monster Mash contest

• Promotion as the MM contest winner on all of the judges instagrams (and on the forums!)

• A place on each of the judges recommendation shelves in Episode

RUBRIC & HOW WE JUDGE
  • Each judge follows a rubric that allows each story to earn up to 100 points per judge. For each story, we will add up the overall points all the judges gave for that story. We have 4 judges at this time, which means each story can earn a maximum of 400 points. Whichever story gets the most total points is the winner!

Here is the rubric each judge will follow:

Your story doesn’t have to have everything in the rubric, just keep in mind that for example if your story has zero interactivity (no choices or anything) then you will not get any of the interactivity points.

We hope to spread the word about this contest and we hope you will join us and have fun participating!:jack_o_lantern::ghost: If you have any questions feel free to contact me or any of the other judges.

Judges Instagrams:
@jem776x
@shaunajolene
@miliberkeley (our talented artist!)
@marsx.episode (me lol)

The latest update about this contest can be found here: MM: Monster Mash community ran contest UPDATE

edited for updated deadline and updated details about winning

25 Likes

I’m honesty so excited to judge stories :jack_o_lantern:

Forum username tags of our judges:

@JemU776
@ShaunaJoLeNe.episode
@QueenMilii
@MarsX

:skull: :crescent_moon:

3 Likes

I am so excited!

1 Like

Are you thinking of entering? :ghost:

• Yep!
  • I’ll think about it.

0 voters

:jack_o_lantern:

4 Likes

A scary bump :jack_o_lantern: :black_heart:

Bump :disco: :vampire:

Is it ok to talk about ideas/progress etc. in this thread like we do in the episode contest threads?

1 Like

I believe so, yep :+1: :blob_hearts:

1 Like

We have a lot of ppl who are thinking about it, very exciting :smirk: :jack_o_lantern: :orange_heart:

1 Like

Bump :jack_o_lantern: :orange_heart:

Here’s where I’m at.
Title - MM: All Hallows Academy
Description -
As a fourth-year witch at All Hallows, you’re expected to choose a magical discipline. You’re a natural at Shadow Magic; only problem is, it’s forbidden.

There’ll be a sigil to unlock in each episode, and the ending will depend on whether or not you learned enough magic. The code for all that is sorted, now I have to stop procrastinating and actually write the story :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

Sounds epic :star_struck: :sunglasses: :blob_sun:

Sorry! Meant to press the other one :sweat_smile:

that’s ok :orange_heart:

This is exciting! I’ll definitely be joining the contest. I’ve got a story idea that would be perfect for it.

2 Likes

When does this contest end?

:orange_heart:

2 Likes

It was a gloomy night… Oh man, I sooooo wanna enter so baddddddddddddddddddddddddd

3 Likes

Sounds awesome!!!

Do it :smirk: :blob_hearts:

2 Likes