Announcing our Dirty Dancing Creator's Contest!

Thank you :blush:

I’m thinking about it! Are you :face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_monocle:

@Liz
Out of curiosity, would someone like me be eligible for the grand prize? I’m currently a Green Card holder, so I’m technically not a citizen yet but a permanent resident of the United States before I can apply for naturalization. In the meanwhile, I have a U.S. SIN number and address.

Thank you for taking your time to look over my question. :slight_smile:

I have a question! I want my MC to use Baby as an alias. Is that ok?

Not now, I have to finish my other stories :grin:

1 Like

AWH sameeee

will these dancing animations stay on episode or be removed when this competition is over?

I have managed to modernize it and give it a unique spin! I’m so excited!

1 Like

No, I would say not.

Can we stop throwing shade at Episode. Sure it might be a bit unfair that only 3 countries can participate but as Liz has said they can’t change the guidelines as it is stricter this time. They are trying to do something special this time and that’s the way it works. There will be lots of comps everyone can enter, so whats the harm if one can’t? Anyway I don’t think complaining and whinging will anyone’s case, there are a lot of worse things that you could be restricted from so…

7 Likes

Lol episode always going on about being inclusive and then keep making contests for just a few countries.

5 Likes

LMAOOO TRUE

“diversity”

1 Like

I agree with you that this is unfair to other countries but I have to disagree with your sentence at one point. They don’t keep making such contests. In fact, this is the only contest with such restrictions.

1 Like

Some of y’all keep skipping the comments from Liz which clearly stated why this isn’t an open global contest. Please, at least look it up before calling Episode out for discriminating other countries.

7 Likes

Then movie company is not welcoming to anyone that doesnt speak English mainly :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Well no, they also left out Australia (for example).

Who’s fault is it :cry:

Eh, being from Australia I’m used to being excluded from things lol. As soon as we got cable and the internet, there were always these awesome contests being advertised but of course, you had to be from the US.
In this case, I understand it has to do with the fact that the authors are being given permission to use the Dirty Dancing characters and plot (which is usually against the guidelines). I’m not sure why other countries are unable to use it but I’m sure there’s a good legal reason lol. It would have been nice if we’d been given a clearer explanation, since a lot of people are really upset about being excluded and the explanation given is fairly vague. Like, maybe someone could have explained why those three countries are fine.

7 Likes

Yes I agree, and explanaion would me so much better than keeping us in the dark

I would imagine not all Copyright laws in every countries are the same and for all we know, getting the rights to use a copyrighted properties usually requires payment (in this case from Episode) for these 3 countries alone, so maybe global would cost way more. But then again, I’m not part of their legal team or a lawyer but I’m giving them the benefit of the doubt.

4 Likes